No place but Florida

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 11416
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: No place but Florida

#16

Post by philip964 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:41 pm

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/br ... story.html

Girl treed by 11 foot alligator.

Deputy kills gator with one shot from his bushmaster AR 15.

2018 Florida.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 11416
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: No place but Florida

#17

Post by philip964 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:49 pm

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/0 ... WXUpa4eU6o

Starting July 1 paramedics will be allowed to carry guns.


MaduroBU
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:11 am

Re: No place but Florida

#18

Post by MaduroBU » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:20 am

If you run drugs for a gang, why would you not try to look as normal as possible? Why would you cover yourself in probable cause?


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 11416
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: No place but Florida

#19

Post by philip964 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:22 am

https://www.theledger.com/news/20190620 ... and-police

Woman turns in her estranged husband’s guns, who is in jail for trying to run her over with a car, to police and is promptly arrested for armed burglary.

They talked to her husband and he is pressing charges.

She had never lived at the apartment he was staying at.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 11416
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: No place but Florida

#20

Post by philip964 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:10 pm

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/s ... 3-ElcmcWC4

Florida student settled lawsuit for $35,000 after suspension for holding a gun in a photo that was posted on Social Media.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 11416
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: No place but Florida

#21

Post by philip964 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:11 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10511351/ ... le-guilty/

First red flag law disobeyer found guilty may receive a 5 year sentence for not voluntarily giving up his “Arsenal” of a Glock, a .22 rifle and an AR15 “ a favorite of mass shooters”.

He is also under the charge of attempted murder.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 11416
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: No place but Florida

#22

Post by philip964 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:46 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... n-vehicle/

Check out the windshield.

Florida man may loose a hand after firework explosion inside a car.

He apparently wasn’t driving. I can’t imagine anyone in the car can still hear.

Note to self: don’t try and disassemble a firework in a car, moving or stopped.

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5114
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: No place but Florida

#23

Post by Jusme » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:17 pm

philip964 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:46 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... n-vehicle/

Check out the windshield.

Florida man may loose a hand after firework explosion inside a car.

He apparently wasn’t driving. I can’t imagine anyone in the car can still hear.

Note to self: don’t try and disassemble a firework in a car, moving or stopped.

Future Darwin Award winner

:roll:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 11416
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: No place but Florida

#24

Post by philip964 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:31 pm

Jusme wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:17 pm
philip964 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:46 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... n-vehicle/

Check out the windshield.

Florida man may loose a hand after firework explosion inside a car.

He apparently wasn’t driving. I can’t imagine anyone in the car can still hear.

Note to self: don’t try and disassemble a firework in a car, moving or stopped.

Future Darwin Award winner

:roll:
Don’t be so sure. He may be forced to date women now.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 11416
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: No place but Florida

#25

Post by philip964 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:16 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/teacher-charg ... ories.html

Top reason to not be a teacher in Florida.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 11416
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: No place but Florida

#26

Post by philip964 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:11 pm



Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 11416
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: No place but Florida

#27

Post by philip964 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:02 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/city-suspends-mi ... 24692.html

Miami suspends Hispanic Police Captain for claiming he was Black.

That doesn’t sound woke to me. It’s what he feels not what he is.


dhoobler
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:58 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX

Re: No place but Florida

#28

Post by dhoobler » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:14 pm

philip964 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:02 pm
https://news.yahoo.com/city-suspends-mi ... 24692.html

Miami suspends Hispanic Police Captain for claiming he was Black.

That doesn’t sound woke to me. It’s what he feels not what he is.
Any word on what xis pronouns are?
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 11416
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: No place but Florida

#29

Post by philip964 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:10 pm

dhoobler wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:14 pm
philip964 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:02 pm
https://news.yahoo.com/city-suspends-mi ... 24692.html

Miami suspends Hispanic Police Captain for claiming he was Black.

That doesn’t sound woke to me. It’s what he feels not what he is.
Any word on what xis pronouns are?
No doubt he is ordinary sis male otherwise he wouldn’t be suspended.

User avatar

GeekwithaGun
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:30 am
Location: Hickory Creek

Re: No place but Florida

#30

Post by GeekwithaGun » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:02 pm

This story says "white officer identifies as black" was suspended. I couldn't open the link from office, found on Drudge
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/miami- ... lack-male/
NRA Life Member

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”