TX: New plan for justice in Dallas- No prosecution for petty crimes.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

TX: New plan for justice in Dallas- No prosecution for petty crimes.

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/edit ... orm-go-far

A friend works at FedX. He was two minutes late for work. They sent him home. He was never late again. A Boy Scout troop I am familiar with, would send a boy home, if the boy and his uniform did not pass inspection. ( proper uniform, polished shoes, hair combed, no dirt under fingernails )They never had issues with more serious things.

KLB

Re: TX: New plan for justice in Dallas- No prosecution for petty crimes.

Post by KLB »

Broken-windows policing is proven to work. That's no doubt why lefties don't like it. This being the opposite, it is virtually certain to lead to bad results.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Yep. My understanding is that they will also no longer prosecute criminal trespassing! Here is a pic of the most recent vagrant that I asked to leave our HOA common area property. If he had refused, what would be our recourse now?

I guess we should simply provide free housing?

"Meet our newest resident. Loves the outdoors, camping, biking and epic beards". :banghead:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

So Dallas is challenging Houston in the race to be the Chicago of Texas?

When the legal system does not enforce the laws and policies that its citizens want enforced, eventually citizens wills start doing the job themselves, usually with less finesse than the appointed authorities. Then there will be hue and cry about "vigilantes" and "taking the law into their own hands" but there will be very little introspection by DA Creuzot and others who are actually responsible for the situation. Instead they will divert even more resources from actual crime-fighting to counter the unauthorized competition. It will be necessary to remove him and likeminded folks from positions of authority to really solve the situation. Chicago has not figured this out yet, I doubt Dallas or Houston will catch on any quicker.

I believe that the US dodged a huge crooked, deadly bullet in 2016 when it elected President Trump. As it turns out the result wasn't just avoiding the worst case in favor of the second worst case, the man has significantly advanced the country's position.

But the downside to that election is that in heavily blue areas the blind hostility to Trump led to straight-ticket voting that removed a lot of Republicans from key positions like the DAs office and many judge's seats.

So Houston and Dallas and San Antonio now have overwhelming Democratic majorities throughout their governmental and justice systems. Their citizens voted for this, and it appears they are going to get it, good and hard.
USAF 1982-2005

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Dallas County's marijuana policy now as lenient as any other in Texas

Well, this ought to really boost property values! :mad5

Criminal trespassing: All misdemeanor criminal trespassing cases will be dismissed, as long as they don't involve a residence or "physical intrusion into property." Creuzot said this is targeted at helping the homeless, who are often charged with criminal trespass for "not having a place to go." Creuzot called the prosecution of these misdemeanors "an ineffective and inhumane approach to dealing with homelessness or mental illness."

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... nt-as.html?
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

Does that mean they're not enforcing the traffic code? :evil2:
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Gov. Abbott criticizes Dallas Co. DA's plan for justice reform
Dallas Co. District Attorney stokes crime by refusing to prosecute theft of personal items worth less than $750. If someone is hungry they can just steal some food. If cold, steal a coat. Where does it end? It's wealth redistribution by theft.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/gov-abbott ... ice-reform
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:05 pm Criminal trespassing: All misdemeanor criminal trespassing cases will be dismissed, as long as they don't involve a residence or "physical intrusion into property." Creuzot said this is targeted at helping the homeless, who are often charged with criminal trespass for "not having a place to go." Creuzot called the prosecution of these misdemeanors "an ineffective and inhumane approach to dealing with homelessness or mental illness."

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... nt-as.html?
So 30.06 and 30.07 signs are now null and void in Dallas? At least there is a silver lining here.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:25 pm So 30.06 and 30.07 signs are now null and void in Dallas? At least there is a silver lining here.
That's exactly what it thought when I read the text above!

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

This is horrible actions by the Dallas DA!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Seattle is Dying, Dallas to follow suit.♠️

jason812

Post by jason812 »

flechero wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:30 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:25 pm So 30.06 and 30.07 signs are now null and void in Dallas? At least there is a silver lining here.
I think the "physical intrusion into property" would apply to 30.06 signs. Sorry to poopoo on that idea.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

jason812 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:00 pm
I think the "physical intrusion into property" would apply to 30.06 signs. Sorry to poopoo on that idea.
What other kind of trespassing is there - mental trespassing?

Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another [snip] without effective consent
(b) For purposes of this section: (1) "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Grumpy1993 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:10 pm
jason812 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:00 pm
What other kind of trespassing is there - mental trespassing?

Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another [snip] without effective consent
(b) For purposes of this section: (1) "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.
Good question. How can simple trespass be ignored "unless physical intrusion of a property" occurs when that is the definition? Either the DA will prosecute and this was for show or all will be ignored? I'm now confused.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

flechero

Post by flechero »

I'm sure the dallas DA will prosecute 30.06 breaking LTC'ers and let all other forms of trespass go. :roll:

Return to “Off-Topic”