Rashida Tlaib allegiance

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 2563
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#16

Post by Bitter Clinger » Sun May 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Beiruty wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:54 pm
All Palestine Government
Passport
Image
That is NOT the passport of a sovereign nation. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. The name “Falastin” that Arabs today use for “Palestine” is not an Arabic name, but adopted and adapted from the Latin Palæstina . How can an Arab people have a western name instead of one in their own language? Because the use of the term “Palestinian” for an Arab group is only a modern political creation without any historic or ethnic grounds, and did not indicate any people before 1967.

Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Iraqis, etc. The Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of one percent of the landmass. But that’s too much for the Arabs. They want it all. And that is ultimately what the fighting in Israel is about today… No matter how many land concessions the Israelis make, it will never be enough. But hey, if Rashida Tlaib wants to resign her seat in Congress and go live in Hamas controlled Gaza, I will pay her air fare!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 9066
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#17

Post by Beiruty » Sun May 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Lest we forget, Hebrew people, Arabs, Assyrians are Aramaic tribes.
We lived on the same land for thousands of years.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 2563
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#18

Post by Bitter Clinger » Sun May 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Beiruty wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:40 pm
Lest we forget, Hebrew people, Arabs, Assyrians are Aramaic tribes.
We lived on the same land for thousands of years.
Correct.

"A wandering Aramean was my father [’arami ’oved avi]; he went down into Egypt and lived there as an alien, few in number, and there he became a great nation, mighty and populous. When the Egyptians treated us harshly and afflicted us, by imposing hard labor on us, we cried to Adonai, the God of our ancestors; Adonai heard our voice and saw our affliction, our toil, and our oppression. Adonai brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, with a terrifying display of power, and with signs and wonders; and he brought us into this place and gave us this land, a land flowing with milk and honey." (Deuteronomy 26:7-9)
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 9066
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#19

Post by Beiruty » Sun May 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Our Great Grand Father of all Arabs is Issma'eel the son of Ibrahim (Ishmael son of Abraham) Peace be upon them both.
Arabic is so close to modern Aramaic (Syriac), that those who are still speaking it today are fluent in both languages.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 2563
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#20

Post by Bitter Clinger » Sun May 12, 2019 9:21 pm

Beiruty wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:59 pm
Our Great Grand Father of all Arabs is Issma'eel the son of Ibrahim (Ishmael son of Abraham) Peace be upon them both.
Arabic is so close to modern Aramaic (Syriac), that those who are still speaking it today are fluent in both languages.
All well and good. But not all see it the same way:

The Florida Democratic Party’s Own Muslim Anti-Semite
Anti-Semitism is quickly on the rise within the Democratic Party, and the poster children for it are two high-profile freshmen US Representatives, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan. Florida, too, has its own Democrat Islamist anti-Semite, anti-Israel activist Rasha Mubarak.Mubarak is on a mission to destroy the Jewish state, Israel, and she is taking the Florida Democratic Party with her.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/273741 ... oe-kaufman
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 4785
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#21

Post by bblhd672 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:38 pm

Tlaib: When I Think About The Holocaust I Get A 'Warm Feeling'
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbauma ... t-n2546210
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 10846
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#22

Post by Oldgringo » Sun May 12, 2019 11:18 pm

The muslims are not our friends or our allies! On the contrary, their manual directs them to either convert me, you and ours or to kill us.

Wake up, America, the end is nigh! The muslims have not only infiltrated our country and our neighborhoods, but they have also infiltrated our government and other sites as well.


Redneck_Buddha
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 1388
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Little Elm, TX

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#23

Post by Redneck_Buddha » Sun May 12, 2019 11:32 pm

Beiruty wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:25 pm
My impression was that Freedom of the 1stA is so great, it would liberate your mind from any oppression.
Palestinians, living under occupation for some 52 years, never enjoyed their freedom.
Credit your buddies in Jordan for teaming up with Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq, and Morocco to create that mess.

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 9066
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#24

Post by Beiruty » Mon May 13, 2019 5:07 am

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:32 pm
Beiruty wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:25 pm
My impression was that Freedom of the 1stA is so great, it would liberate your mind from any oppression.
Palestinians, living under occupation for some 52 years, never enjoyed their freedom.
Credit your buddies in Jordan for teaming up with Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq, and Morocco to create that mess.
I Credit all Arabs Governments for the mess. Without freedom one is living under a tyranny.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 11
Posts: 2563
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#25

Post by Bitter Clinger » Mon May 13, 2019 7:52 am

Beiruty wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:07 am
Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:32 pm
Beiruty wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:25 pm
My impression was that Freedom of the 1stA is so great, it would liberate your mind from any oppression.
Palestinians, living under occupation for some 52 years, never enjoyed their freedom.
Credit your buddies in Jordan for teaming up with Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq, and Morocco to create that mess.
I Credit all Arabs Governments for the mess. Without freedom one is living under a tyranny.
Not only governments. An Iman from Irving spreads hate while claiming the opposite. When will Islam enter modernity and learn to co-exist with humanity?

Rep. Lee Zeldin says Pelosi showed 'bad judgment' allowing anti-Israel imam to deliver House prayer

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lee-ze ... d-judgment
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח


Redneck_Buddha
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 1388
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Little Elm, TX

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#26

Post by Redneck_Buddha » Mon May 13, 2019 1:45 pm

Beiruty wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:07 am
Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:32 pm
Beiruty wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:25 pm
My impression was that Freedom of the 1stA is so great, it would liberate your mind from any oppression.
Palestinians, living under occupation for some 52 years, never enjoyed their freedom.
Credit your buddies in Jordan for teaming up with Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq, and Morocco to create that mess.
I Credit all Arabs Governments for the mess. Without freedom one is living under a tyranny.
I was referring to the primary combatants and support for the Six-Day War, but that is a fair point. I believe they are using the Palestinians as political capital to keep Israel demonized. Jordan and Egypt have been the only countries to give peace a chance in the region, but even that has proven to be as fragile as spun crystal.

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 4785
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#27

Post by bblhd672 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:36 pm

They Sided With Hitler: CNN Host Notes An Important Fact Omitted From Rashida Tlaib's Holocaust Remarks
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... s-n2546246

CNN's John King:
Tlaib "ignored the fact that Palestinian leaders at the time allied themselves with Hitler and that total war is how the Arab world reacted to the declaration of Israeli independence."
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager


Redneck_Buddha
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 1388
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Little Elm, TX

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#28

Post by Redneck_Buddha » Mon May 13, 2019 4:42 pm

bblhd672 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:36 pm
They Sided With Hitler: CNN Host Notes An Important Fact Omitted From Rashida Tlaib's Holocaust Remarks
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... s-n2546246

CNN's John King:
Tlaib "ignored the fact that Palestinian leaders at the time allied themselves with Hitler and that total war is how the Arab world reacted to the declaration of Israeli independence."
Amin al-Husseini - Grand Mufti of Palestine. May he be burning in white-hot hades.

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 7730
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#29

Post by RoyGBiv » Mon May 13, 2019 5:02 pm

Oy Vey! :roll:

From above link.
In the April 9th FYD message welcoming Mubarak, FYD also acknowledged that Mubarak had previously served as the Central Florida Regional Director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR). By acknowledging this fact, FYD was admitting that Mubarak had been involved in a group associated with international terrorism.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek


srothstein
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 4106
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Luling, TX

Re: Rashida Tlaib allegiance

#30

Post by srothstein » Mon May 13, 2019 11:11 pm

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:12 pm
The occupation myth again, :banghead: Unfortunately that is nonsensical and false. The entire argument rests upon the false premise that Israel is "occupying" Palestinian land and that Israel has no legitimate claims to the lands in question.

At the risk of :deadhorse: : Has there ever been a legitimate, sovereign state of "Palestine"? The answer is no. Before 1948, the region commonly known as Palestine did not have a sovereign nation controlling the territory. Instead, the British Empire controlled the territory as part of its mandate following the First World War. In 1948, the only sovereign nation that was established in the land was Israel. However, Israel did not possess Judea, Samaria, or Eastern Jerusalem by then and it never had control over the territory until 1967. Instead, that territory was illegally occupied by Jordan, who annexed the territories despite widespread international rejection of its decision. There was no sovereign state of "Palestine" in those lands. In fact, the Palestine Liberation Organization, a terrorist group now masquerading as the representative of the Palestinian-Arab population, was not founded until 1964, three years before Israel captured the disputed territories in a defensive war against Jordan.

Since there has never been a sovereign state of "Palestine" prior to 1948 or 1967 and since there is still no legitimate state of "Palestine" today, there cannot legally be an "occupation of Palestinian lands" by Israel according to the Hague Convention of 1907. Since there was no legitimate Palestinian state and Israel already has legal claim to Judea, Samaria, and Eastern Jerusalem, Israel has the right to build Jewish communities in disputed territory in Area C until a final peace agreement is signed with the Palestinian Authority, if that is still possible at this point...
I disagree with some of the statements made in this, and with the basic premise. One of the statements I disagree with most is that Israel was the only sovereign nation there in 1948. After World War I, the British ruled the area that had been part of the Great Arab Uprising against the Ottomans. But they did create some other sovereign nations before Israel. In 1947 they created what is now Jordan (then Transjordan). It border was what became the border to Israel. Jordan owned and controlled the land on the West Bank area that is now claimed to be Palestinian. The other side of the country was the Gaza Strip, which was controlled by Egypt.

Since both the West Bank area and the Gaza Strip were captured in war, occupation is a correct term for what is going on. As much as I support Israel, I feel it is doing the argument a disservice when we do not use the proper term and argue about what is going on. I will freely stipulate that there was no nation of Palestine and it is not Palestinian territory that is being occupied. I will even agree that since Jordan and Egypt have formally ceded the land to Israel, it might not be considered occupied right now. I still think of it as occupied because Israel has not formally brought the land into Israel and made the residents citizens.

This makes occupation a debatable term but not something to be dismissed as an old myth.
Steve Rothstein

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”