Yup... I'm officially a gun nut.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Yup... I'm officially a gun nut.

Post by Tex1961 »

Due to constant scouring of used gun and ammo web sites (mostly Texas Gun Trader) I've been acquiring lots of ammo lately.... I just can't seem to turn down a good deal... Well, after this weekends score on ammo I did it... I hit over 10k in stored rounds....

Found a deal on some 22lr ammo, so I texted the guy, ended up he lives in my neighborhood but he is moving to Houston and didn't want to move all of his ammo.... We started talking and he ended up deciding to sell a lot more of other calibers....

3000 rounds 22lr
3150 rounds 9mm
1000 rounds 45acp
400 rounds 38 special

I already had probably 3000 rounds of 9mm and another 2 or 3 thousand rounds of various other calibers in my safe... So.. Yep... Passed. the 10k mark... I'm official...

Of course me, the wife and both boys love to shoot and one single range visit can see at least 500 - 700 rounds being shot. And I personally try to hit the range at least 2 - 4 times per month....

Oh... If you've been crazy enough to read this entire post, he has about 1500 rounds of .40 cal for sale... .20c per round and about 10k rounds of 22lr in the Plano, Frisco area... PM if if your interested and I'll give you his number

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Yup... I'm officially a gun nut.

Post by oljames3 »

I haven't been able to build much of a stockpile. I have 50 rounds of JHP on the shelf next to 200 rounds of FMJ. I'll shoot the FMJ for practice and competition this month. That will bring me to 1200 rounds since this Feb with 800 already committed for May. I'm shooting it as fast as I can buy it. ;-)
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

if your a gun nut with that limited quantity of ammo... I wonder what I would be called with about 3X that amount?
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Teamless wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:25 pm if your a gun nut with that limited quantity of ammo... I wonder what I would be called with about 3X that amount?
:smilelol5: :lol: :woohoo

Good one! :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Teamless wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:25 pm if your a gun nut with that limited quantity of ammo... I wonder what I would be called with about 3X that amount?
My new friend :cheers2:

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

That's a weekend at the hunting camp.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

If you are able to count how much you have, its clearly not enough. :biggrinjester:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:15 pm If you are able to count how much you have, its clearly not enough. :biggrinjester:
:iagree:
I have no idea how many rounds I have by I can say I don’t have to pick up any ammo to go to the range :biggrinjester:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

I employ an Excel spreadsheet to track my inventory. Last I looked had just shy of 20k of .22lr, most of it being Standard Velocity (SV) CCI or some other sub-sonic round for shooting suppressed. That’s the single largest category followed closely by 9mm and 5.56. As someone said, times are good, so I’m buying it cheap and stacking it deep; and that’s to say nothing of the reloading components that can easily be made into rounds.

Good on you for making an effort to be ready to weather another potential ammo shortage, potential is always there.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

b4aftr

Post by b4aftr »

I too had a significant amount until I invested in building my gun range with 12 steel targets, a dueling tree, and a automatic trap machine....

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

b4aftr wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:16 am I too had a significant amount until I invested in building my gun range with 12 steel targets, a dueling tree, and a automatic trap machine....
So you’re saying the problem of how to store all that ammo solved itself...
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

I know how much rifle and pistol powder, primers and bullets I have. Only God knows how much brass I have. 5 gallon buckets are every where. My next venture is 50 gallon drums for brass storage.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

A moderate Texan. :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964

Post by philip964 »

So a work friend’s uncle died. ( and yes it’s really a friends uncle ) He inherited all the guns and ammo.
He flew to Florida to go through it all and get it home.

I cautioned him about following all the laws getting it home.

The AR 15 ammo ended up being shipped to the office.

I took a picture.

The ammo cartons were 24 inches square about 6 inches tall each. The delivery man stacked them in one big stack about 10 boxes 60 inches tall.

How many rounds is that?

joe817

Post by joe817 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:11 pm So a work friend’s uncle died. ( and yes it’s really a friends uncle ) He inherited all the guns and ammo.
He flew to Florida to go through it all and get it home.

I cautioned him about following all the laws getting it home. The AR 15 ammo ended up being shipped to the office. I took a picture. The ammo cartons were 24 inches square about 6 inches tall each. The delivery man stacked them in one big stack about 10 boxes 60 inches tall. How many rounds is that?
Good that you cautioned him. :thumbs2:

Forget about the ammo! What kind of guns did he bring back? :drool: :biggrinjester:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “Off-Topic”