No place but Saudi Arabia

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 14

No place but Saudi Arabia

Post by philip964 »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... y-14579574

Saudi Arabia puts crucified body on public display.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: No place but Saudi Arabia

Post by mojo84 »

Barbarians.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

This is an example of an issue where the Trump administration is falling woefully short.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:52 am This is an example of an issue where the Trump administration is falling woefully short.
In all fairness to the Trump administration, there are limited options for POTUS. On one hand, SA is a key ally against Iran and the USA needs the kingdom's support in the Middle East. On the other hand, POTUS does not govern SA and there little he can do to influence Kingdom. And we still import oil from SA, although we import a lot less, for now. With the Demon-crats election platforms to eliminate all drilling of fossil fuels, SA might be come more important to us. POTUS has a difficult balancing act.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Bushes were the real buddies.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8926874/s ... -whatsapp/

16 year old teen tortured then beheaded for sending WhatsApp message about protests.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:52 am This is an example of an issue where the Trump administration is falling woefully short.
What do you want Trump to do?
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Grumpy1993 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:01 pm
That's above my pay grade. All I know is that it is wrong to call a country like Saudi Arabia an "ally" as long as they are engaging in this type of despotic and violent behavior.

Also, while I voted for Trump and will probably do so again, I am by no means a blanket supporter of all his policies and tweets.
Last edited by Redneck_Buddha on Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8951952/s ... beheading/

5 of the men beheaded may have been gay, or were tortured into saying they were gay.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:09 pm
Grumpy1993 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:01 pm
That's above my pay grade. All I know is that it is wrong to call a country like Saudi Arabia an "ally" as long as they are engaging in this type of despotic and violent behavior.

Also, while I voted for Trump and will probably do so again, I am by no means a blanket support of all his policies and tweets.
We deal with many countries that are not very nice to their population. China strikes me as the largest but I am sure there are many others that smart people on this site can name. I think that Saudi Arabia is a key ally in the region. Iran is the country responsible for IEDs that have killed and maimed so many of our vets. Saudi is our best friend in hurting Iran. You befriend those that most likely will achieve the results you want. Are they barbarians? Not as bad as China.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... e-16181112

Three more to be executed after Ramadan, one for tweeting a prayer for peace between Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

American woman loses custody of her American citizen daughter in Saudi Arabia for being too Western.

I love how CNN doesn’t want their stories to show up here.

Let’s try CBS.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/american-w ... ged-abuse/

Husbands evidence to judge included photos of her in yoga pants. (She teaches yoga)

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Islamic terrorism IS Saudi Arabia. Not linked to, not supported by, not funded with money from....just IS. We can't stop them from being barbarians, but we can make them POOR barbarians.

There is broad consensus on that opinion within the Muslim world; SA's hypocrisy, treatment of Mecca as a for profit theme park, and greed have done little to earn the love of other Muslims, be they Sunni or Shia.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

MaduroBU wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:28 pm Islamic terrorism IS Saudi Arabia. Not linked to, not supported by, not funded with money from....just IS. We can't stop them from being barbarians, but we can make them POOR barbarians.

There is broad consensus on that opinion within the Muslim world; SA's hypocrisy, treatment of Mecca as a for profit theme park, and greed have done little to earn the love of other Muslims, be they Sunni or Shia.
I never have understood the cuddly relationship that our government has with SA. Most of the 9-11 dogs were from SA if I am not mistaken.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Off-Topic”