Lowes and Veteran Discounts

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Lowes and Veteran Discounts

Post by howdy »

I have read many different versions of the Veteran discount at Loews. I bought a new washing machine yesterday and mentioned that I was a Veteran and the guy took 10% off the already sale price. Very simple and done at the register.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Mel

Re: Lowes and Veteran Discounts

Post by Mel »

If you register with Lowe's at customer services, your Veteran's discount will be automatic on every purchase including internet purchases.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

Register with Lowes and get a "MyLowes" card. Scan that every time you checkout and get a 10% discount. I found out about the discount when buying an appliance too.

KLB

Post by KLB »

rotor wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:28 pm Register with Lowes and get a "MyLowes" card. Scan that every time you checkout and get a 10% discount. I found out about the discount when buying an appliance too.
Yes. I have the card, and it works for me. A great deal.

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

It's tied to your phone number, so it's very easy once you establish that your eligible.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

timtheteacher wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:21 pm Home Depot doesn't require you to join a shopper program. I just show them my ID card and it's 10%. I do like Loews though because they have Veteran's parking spots in front of the store. My retired AF plates are all I need.
With me it's been hit or miss with Home Depot (in Galveston) Last time I was there they told me only on certain holidays. I show my Drivers license that has VETERAN marked on it. Lowes always lets me have a discount.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 2

Post by n5wmk »

Liberty wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:58 am With me it's been hit or miss with Home Depot (in Galveston) Last time I was there they told me only on certain holidays. I show my Drivers license that has VETERAN marked on it. Lowes always lets me have a discount.
Agree - same way here in North Dallas area. If you're a 20+ years active duty veteran, and have an ID card to prove it, then Home Depot gives the 10% discount every day. But, for veterans like me (I had 8 years active duty), then HD policy is to give the discount only on those certain holidays (Memorial Day, Veterans' Day and I think 4th of July and Labor day). But Lowes gives the 10% every day to any Veteran of any length of service. My drivers license (and LTC) both are marked Veteran. A couple of years ago, I went to Lowes and signed up for their program. It's linked to my phone number (don't have to use a My Lowes card). Lowes actively solicits all veterans to sign up for the discount program. :txflag:
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

tk1700

Post by tk1700 »

Home Depot doesn't give the discount on everything in the store, but Lowes does. HD won't discount what they consider contractor items. You don't know what those items are until they are scanned at the register. My experience is dry wall, lumber and PVC aren't discounted. HD also won't discount sale items but Lowes will.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

I first received the discount at Lowes when I bought a washer and dryer for my sister. You get the discount no matter who you buy for, but your wife won't get the discount if she is buying something for you. Just wanted to make that clear.

The other day I went in and bought sale items, an item with a rebate, used my Chase card which has a 5% cash back this quarter, and received the veteran discount. I felt like a bandit.
Charlie

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Home Depot only gives discounts year round to retired military, but gives veterans discounts on certain holidays, like Memorial Day weekend.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

oohrah wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:55 am Home Depot only gives discounts year round to retired military, but gives veterans discounts on certain holidays, like Memorial Day weekend.
Yes. The Lowe's program is much better. Once you register with them by bringing your DD-214 and getting it on file, you get the 10% automatically by stating your phone number at the register, or showing your mylowes discount card. At HD only retired with pay, active military, or disability retirees get the discount all year. The rest only on certain holidays.

I've recently been rehabbing several houses and own rental properties. I always use the discount and so far it's applied to everything...appliances, tools, measure services. Last night I bought $1800 of appliances for a house I'm flipping and saved $180 on top of the 25% off that the appliances were already discounted.

I've probably spent $30,000 or more in the last two years at Lowe's and saved close to $3000. I even get the discount on the diet cokes I buy when I'm checking out. I wish they sold guns and ammo.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

The other advantage of the MyLowes card is that if you use the self checkout and you scan the barcode on the card you get the 10% discount.

F350-6

Post by F350-6 »

I registered with Lowes and now just give them my phone number when I check out to get the discount. I haven't had any issues in the last year with Home Depot getting the discount other than having to go to the commercial sales check out line because everything else is self check out.

I remember Home Depot only doing it on certain holidays in the past, but was waiting in line one day a year or so ago and noticed several people in front of me flash an ID at the cashier. As I got closer to the register, I figured out it was about veterans discounts so I pulled out my DL and she gave it to me too. I've had success doing the same thing at every home depot since. And now that it's warm again, I can check out in the outdoor plant section if the other line is too long.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Ive never had any problems with Home Depot or Lowes discounts
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Off-Topic”