Ask Amy...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ask Amy...

Post by RoyGBiv »

Dad,
the reason I need to have a gun is that you've got no idea how dangerous the world is and I have zero confidence that you're mentally prepared to protect us if danger comes calling.

Love
Your Daughter
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

C-dub
Posts in topic: 8

Post by C-dub »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:32 pm C-dub:

I guess you never schooled H-dub that "E" means EMPTY, not ENOUGH. :-)

****************************************************************************************************************************8
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Dickinson

The columnist is from NYS, went to college in Mass, and DC. That's where her gun ignorance problem started.

SIA
From her early days in school she always thought E meant Excellent. :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:21 pm Dad,
the reason I need to have a gun is that you've got no idea how dangerous the world is and I have zero confidence that you're mentally prepared to protect us if danger comes calling.

Love
Your Daughter
Please tell us you left that as a comment.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

thatguyoverthere wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:02 pm
C-dub wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 pm
Flightmare wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:27 pm
C-dub wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:16 pm I taught my daughter to respect many things including firearms and fear nothing. The later bites me in the rear every now and then, but I still think she's great!
I dunno. I think she fears running out of gas here and there. :biggrinjester:
Not if I'm just a phone call away with an extra gallon or two. I can't fit a two gallon can in my bike, but I wonder if I can fit a couple one gallon ones in the saddle bags.
Here ya go:
https://www.amazon.com/GALLON-PLASTIC-D ... B00NPCEEVQ :thumbs2:
I may have to try a couple of those out, if not to be ready for my daughter, then just to extend my own range on trips. :thumbs2:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

C-dub wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:13 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:21 pm Dad,

Love
Your Daughter
Please tell us you left that as a comment.
I'm not paying that rag for the privilege of being able to leave a comment. But thank you for the sentiment.

Regards
My daughters Dad
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DynamicDan »

How bought you actually know what the heck you are talking about when giving advice. This is the reason our rights are being attacked by other citizens. We know why the pols want our guns.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

crazy2medic wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:24 am Where in the heck did she get that 7 States ban hollowpoints? I can only find one New Jersey!
11 states. That's probably armor piercing. She (or her research team) has no clue about the difference.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

Color me skeptical, but the whole letter/reply seems contrived. If this parent, was so out of touch with their child, they should never have had children in the first place. The whole idea, that the ammo is somehow illegal, is a verbatim left wing talking point.
I'll admit, I don't know everything, about what my children were up to, when they were young, but if this guy was so anti gun, and so ignorant about them, how did his daughter somehow, learn about them, choose, an appropriate gun, and caliber, and take it upon herself to take her own security, into her own hands?
I guess it must be all the right wing indoctrination, that is occuring on college campuses across the country. Just sayin....
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Well, to us, it sounds extreme, but these people ARE out there.

I remember selling our house a couple of years back. A realtor was showing it to a couple in their 40s. Another woman, a friend of the wife's, was with them. I was showing them a room when suddenly I heard this loud squealing: "oooowwooooaaaiieeeeee!!!!" and saw the wife's friend run past the room towards the front door. What on earth?? I thought maybe she saw a mouse or something.

Nope. She'd walked past my glass-front gun cabinet, which at that moment had 3 guns in it: a shotgun, bolt action .243, and a .22. I found her standing near the front door, one palm on her chest, eyes bugging out. "Those guns.... " The wife frowned and said, "uh.... a lotta guns there....." and promptly they all left.

Yes, they ARE out there. And remember, they are voters.
-Ruark

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

Ruark wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:19 pm Yes, they ARE out there. And remember, they are voters.
And when things go sporty “they” will fall into two categories:
1. Those who are glad you have guns to protect them
2. Those to whom Rule 308 may be required
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I'd like to ask Amy who she calls for advice when she gets locked in her car!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

LDP wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:11 am
LDP wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:05 am
anygunanywhere wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:18 pmHe should have never had children.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Actually, my mistake.
His father should have never had children.
:thumbs2:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

puma guy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:23 am I'd like to ask Amy who she calls for advice when she gets locked in her car!
"rlol" I would watch that on pay-per-view.

Return to “Off-Topic”