Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Paladin
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:25 am https://www.newsmax.com/larrybell/clima ... d/1042522/

Larry Bell’s excellent article on the nonsense in Glasgow the next two weeks.
Good reading!
WH: More CO2 has clearly been a benefit for life on Earth, and even more will be better. People are made largely of carbon, about 20% by weight, and each of us exhales about two pounds of CO2 per day.

To call CO2 “carbon pollution,” is truly Orwellian newspeak of a climate cult: “war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.”

Greenhouse operators learned long ago that doubling, tripling, or quadrupling the concentrations of CO2 greatly enhanced plant growth and quality. These benefits are even greater outdoors – particularly under arid conditions – since plants with more CO2 require less water.

Thanks to some gradual CO2 enrichment, satellites reveal substantially added forest and agriculture greening that benefits people and animals.

Unfortunately, CO2 gets a bad rap as a dangerous atmospheric “greenhouse gas.” These are gases that are mostly transparent to sunlight, but which have significant opacity to thermal radiation that sheds Earth’s solar heating back to space.

This is different from the main atmospheric gases, nitrogen, and oxygen, that are transparent to both sunlight and thermal radiation.

Since greenhouse gases hinder the escape of thermal radiation to space, alarmists tell you that we will all fry if you don’t stop breathing, driving your SUV, and other activities that release CO2 into the atmosphere.

What alarmists don’t tell you, is that CO2 is a very feeble “trace” greenhouse gas at current concentrations, and that doubling the concentration will only diminish the added radiation to space by about a piddling 1%... a 1.6 degrees Fahrenheit change which you can’t even notice.

Climate scaremongers attempt to turn this trivial CO2 molehill into a threatening mountain by inventing hypothetical, but entirely unproven, computer model “positive feedbacks” caused by water vapor (including clouds) that that they claim to multiply CO2 warming influences by factors of three or more.

Each passing year, as the Earth warms more slowly out of the last Ice Age than predicted, these fanciful model-premised feedbacks become more and more silly.
What is so crazy about all this is that major players like Russia, China, and aerospace companies like Lochkeed-Martin have suggested that pure fusion technology is in reach. If there was a genuine concern about CO2, we should be working towards radically scaling back coal power plants by substituting modern, safe, fusion nuclear plants. Those would give is reliable, plentiful electricity to power the grid and electric cars... probably for less money than what we pay today. Electric motors are far more efficient than internal combustion engines, (Gasoline power engines are like 20% efficient and electrics are 99% efficient) so there would be a lot less waste heat as well.

The nuclear plants we have today are very old technology. In my heart I firmly believe that the establishment is holding back advanced safe affordable nuclear technology... in that oil has been used as their global mechanism for power, money, and control. Scarcity is the establishment's route to power money and control. Safe, affordable fusion power would destroy scarcity and their basis for power, money, and control.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LTUME1978 »

Establishment is not holding back improved (and lower cost) nuclear power plants, the public is. The designs are out but no one wants one of these things near them. Power companies are afraid to take the financial risks to build them as they know when left wing nut jobs get in power, they will shut their new plants down before they can recover their costs. Natural gas, as a fuel, is low in cost and plentiful when left wing nut jobs aren't in control of government. Cogeneration plants (gas turbine driven generators that take the exhaust gas off of the gas turbine to make steam) are very efficient, are inexpensive to build relative to other options, and very clean (pollution). They have a small footprint as compared to other types power plants, are very safe to operate and neighbors aren't afraid of them either.

I have heard a lot of talk about fusion but have not seen anyone build a pilot plant yet. Maybe some day. The cost to go all electric will be staggering with the required infrastructure to get all of that power where it needs to go. I wish it was as easy as everyone wants but that is just not the reality.

What no one is talking about is the main driver in this and that is lining the pockets of a lot of bureaucrats and senior management of a lot of companies that will be involved in all of the "global warming nonsense". As a small example of what can (and will) happen, one large refinery expansion on the gulf coast was approved by senior management at $4.7 billion. They quit talking about the cost when it exceeded $12 billion and it was higher than that when finished. All of that extra money did not go into higher quality equipment that was put on that project or greater capacity. That will be nothing compared to what will happen if this global warming/climate change nonsense gets in high gear. With the refinery, one could measure product (gasoline, etc) coming out the pipe. How will anyone measure what is happening with the expensive equipment put in to remove CO2?

Trees are our friends. Besides consuming CO2, they produce oxygen and a usable product at maturity. Those left wing idiots on the west coast have been burning trees down at an incredible rate while producing signifiant amounts CO2 and producing no usable product. If we were serious about global warming (at least in the US), we would jail all of the left wing nut jobs on the west coast and start managing the forests wisely. I know it won't happen but we can always dream.

What are all of the climate change experts missing besides a chance to get rich while doing nothing useful? At some point, we have to rise up and stop all of this nonsense. It will probably get bloody in the process.

XDgal
Posts in topic: 1

Post by XDgal »

I just saw a report that said Xiden's motorcade taking him to the climate meeting consisted of 85 vehicles! That's right 85. So much for limiting CO2 emissions.
XDgal

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

These are some of the more recent happenings in Fusion research:

A Breakthrough In American Energy Dominance? U.S. Navy Patents Compact Fusion Reactor

If you follow Salvatore Cezar Pais work, he is either the most brilliant guy in America or a the center of some major disinformation and nothing in between.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

This article is a classic that explains the climate change scam and more:

Will Governments Survive the Coming Peasant Revolt?
Let's talk big picture here. Why has the world been turned on its head these last few years? Why does it seem as if everything true is labeled false and everything false is labeled true? Why is it that, even in the absence of all-out global war, everything feels chaotic and uncertain these days? Why is it that at the height of global prosperity and peace, the world is going mad?

...So how does a governing system survive catastrophic failure of its own making? It consciously causes division in society, distracts people with propaganda, and diligently replaces freedom with control....

Consumerism is boiling the world, and we're all going to die unless we willfully return to the living standards of the Middle Ages. Experts say so!
Last edited by Paladin on Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Ruark »

Those left wing idiots on the west coast have been burning trees down at an incredible rate
To twist the knife, most of that lumber is sold to Japan.
-Ruark

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 75

Post by philip964 »

Interesting how these climate change believers spend so much money buying expensive homes right next to those rising oceans.

Obama still holds the record with two ocean front homes.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Ruark »

Nancy Pelosi just bought a 11,000 square foot $25 million mansion in Florida. Someone doesn't want to pay exorbitant taxes in her home state she has ruined. Climate change and global warming thrown out the door.
What's really, really appalling is that she can do stuff like this, and people in her district (which resembles a 3rd world country) will continue re-electing her. It just boggles the mind.
-Ruark

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BigGuy »

Ruark wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:39 pm
Nancy Pelosi just bought a 11,000 square foot $25 million mansion in Florida. Someone doesn't want to pay exorbitant taxes in her home state she has ruined. Climate change and global warming thrown out the door.
What's really, really appalling is that she can do stuff like this, and people in her district (which resembles a 3rd world country) will continue re-electing her. It just boggles the mind.
:iagree: That's the part I just don't understand. If you punch me in the face once, I'm not likely to vote for you again.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 13

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

BigGuy wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:29 pm
:iagree: That's the part I just don't understand. If you punch me in the face once, I'm not likely to vote for you again.
She is from the testing grounds for rigged elections. Kalifornia has perfected the fraudulent voting technique down to a science. They are now spreading it across the nation. Just maybe she doesn't get voted for by the majority each term. Joe Biden got elected and anybody who doesn't see that one was rigged is just asleep. He still can't draw a crowd of more than 25 supporters to any speaking engagement and he has actually become the worlds most interesting speaker. I like to watch him speak just to laugh at the weird things that come out of his mouth. There is no way he got more votes than a guy who fills every major stadium he speaks at.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 157670002/

You wouldn’t know from this that weather deaths are significantly down from those in the past.

And this is despite much higher population densities more people living in vulnerable areas.

Inflation of course affects property damage cost numbers.

More houses means more likely a tornado will hit one.

But USA Today only cares about advancing the agenda.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 12

Post by powerboatr »

florida should charge her an impact tax of 26 million :biggrinjester:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

powerboatr wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:21 pm
She apparently has made a lot of money insider trading in the stock market. Apparently also completely legal for Congress people.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://apple.news/AfiPdFbOEQhOSXeqT2xzj_g

USA Today working overtime on climate change.

Hottest 7 years on record.

First we are coming out of an ice age 10,000 years ago so the Earth has been gradually warming at a predictable rate since then .

Second on record, means since we have been recording temperatures, which in the Earth history is not very long. The Earth has been much warmer in the past before we invented the thermometer.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 12

Post by powerboatr »

philip964 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:45 pm
powerboatr wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:21 pm
She apparently has made a lot of money insider trading in the stock market. Apparently also completely legal for Congress people.
i had heard she sold a bunch of stocks and bought much more of certain companies right before the covid shut down, most were medical parts companies likes masks ..
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Off-Topic”