TX: Sheila Jackson Lee - I'm back

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Rafe
Posts in topic: 8

Re: TX: Sheila Jackson Lee

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:19 am https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023 ... te-people/

Introduces new bill- Conspiracy to commit White Supremacy.
I need to write my Congress-critter and see if we can introduce the Sheila Jackson Lee Exclusion Act: for the Blocking of Willful and Overwhelming Ignorance.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Ruark
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ruark »

It boggles the mind that somebody like this can graduate With Honors from Yale, then go through law school and become an attorney, and be so.... freaking.... IGNORANT. I mean, if I met her on the street as a stranger, I would think she's the old lady who cleans the bathrooms down at the laundromat.
-Ruark

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 18

Post by philip964 »

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politi ... 433250.php

Ms. Lee has been endorsed by Hillary Clinton to be Houston's next mayor along with a number of other bigwigs.

She has ads saying that her main opponent, John Whitmire a Democrat, is being supported by Trumpers.

I don't think a conservative has a chance in the election, so it seems MAGA's are leaning toward Whitmire.

Naturally it is difficult to imagine what would happen if Ms. Lee is elected mayor.

Maybe Chicago or San Fransisco or New York or Los Angeles could give us an idea.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Two of her big campaign platform talking points in the TV ads I've see are abortion rights and gun control.

A super-solid indication of the intelligence and awareness levels of her core constituency...and the bright blue liberal left in general. Just exactly how much control do they imagine that a city mayor in Texas can have over abortion rights and gun control?

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Chemist45 »

I guess there is more grift in being the Mayor Of Houston than in being a US congressman.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politi ... 438843.php

Audio recording of supposedly SheJack using F bombs on staff.

Right before early voting. It gets dirty when it’s Dem on Dem.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:03 am https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politi ... 438843.php

Audio recording of supposedly SheJack using F bombs on staff.

Right before early voting. It gets dirty when it’s Dem on Dem.
There's very little about Sheila Jackson Lee that doesn't make me feel like I need to grab a bar of Lava soap and go take a shower using it. Followed by an antibacterial liquid soap. Hypocrisy, ego-maniacism, and willful ignorance are like really bad poising ivy: hard to get off before the contamination spreads. :???:

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

As if to affirm my last post, this hit just a few hours ago at the Houston ABC affiliate station:

Sheila Jackson Lee addresses allegations after vulgarity-laced recording released ahead of election
https://abc13.com/congresswoman-sheila- ... /13960468/
A profane recording of the voice of Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee was released ahead of Houston's mayoral election.... Eyewitness News is taking a closer look at it but hasn't independently authenticated the recording.

It allegedly includes Jackson Lee's response to someone who didn't have the information she was looking for. That person told her someone named Jerome had it.

[I removed this paragraph because I didn't think there was any way I could edit it so that it didn't run afoul of forum rules. It's an expletive-abbreviated two short sentences from the recording.]

Eyewitness News counted 17 curse words in the one-minute, 35-second copy of the recording.
She's simply a lovely person. Anyone remember the scene she caused a few years ago in a plane waiting for take off at the Bush Intercontinental Airport? Allegedly she browbeat a woman into giving SheJack the seat she wanted by using such friendly and empathetic language as (paraphrasing only): "Do you have any idea who I am? I am a United States Congressperson!"

She's 73 years old now, 74 in January, born and raised in Queens, New York (she was 25 or 26 when she first came to Texas). Do you think there's any chance if she loses this mayoral election she'll just go away and stop embarrassing the Great State of Texas?

In 2003 she lobbied that the names of storms were racist, that they were all too white. If she will leave politics and retire, I promise to strongly support that the name SheJack be added to NOAA's list of storm names.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Rafe wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:20 pm In 2003 she lobbied that the names of storms were racist, that they were all too white. If she will leave politics and retire, I promise to strongly support that the name SheJack be added to NOAA's list of storm names.
Hurricane Shanaynay? Hurricane Shanikwa? Maybe Hurricane Tyrone or Rasheed?

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:13 pm
Rafe wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:20 pm In 2003 she lobbied that the names of storms were racist, that they were all too white. If she will leave politics and retire, I promise to strongly support that the name SheJack be added to NOAA's list of storm names.
Hurricane Shanaynay? Hurricane Shanikwa? Maybe Hurricane Tyrone or Rasheed?
:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Rafe wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:20 pm As if to affirm my last post, this hit just a few hours ago at the Houston ABC affiliate station:

Sheila Jackson Lee addresses allegations after vulgarity-laced recording released ahead of election
https://abc13.com/congresswoman-sheila- ... /13960468/
A profane recording of the voice of Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee was released ahead of Houston's mayoral election.... Eyewitness News is taking a closer look at it but hasn't independently authenticated the recording.

It allegedly includes Jackson Lee's response to someone who didn't have the information she was looking for. That person told her someone named Jerome had it.

[I removed this paragraph because I didn't think there was any way I could edit it so that it didn't run afoul of forum rules. It's an expletive-abbreviated two short sentences from the recording.]

Eyewitness News counted 17 curse words in the one-minute, 35-second copy of the recording.
She's simply a lovely person. Anyone remember the scene she caused a few years ago in a plane waiting for take off at the Bush Intercontinental Airport? Allegedly she browbeat a woman into giving SheJack the seat she wanted by using such friendly and empathetic language as (paraphrasing only): "Do you have any idea who I am? I am a United States Congressperson!"

She's 73 years old now, 74 in January, born and raised in Queens, New York (she was 25 or 26 when she first came to Texas). Do you think there's any chance if she loses this mayoral election she'll just go away and stop embarrassing the Great State of Texas?

In 2003 she lobbied that the names of storms were racist, that they were all too white. If she will leave politics and retire, I promise to strongly support that the name SheJack be added to NOAA's list of storm names.
Judge Lina will make sure Houston runs out of paper ballots in the Republican strongholds again.

Jackson-Lee pulled the same thing on me at U of H Library a long time ago when she was the joke member of Houston City Council. I was using a microfiche to read old Wall Street Journal articles, and she said she need the machine. I said I was working on an important research project, and she pulled the "Do you know who I am?" card. I told her I needed the machine for at least another three hours and others would be opening up sooner than mine. She went whining to the librarian on that floor to no avail. "rlol"

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:18 pm Jackson-Lee pulled the same thing on me at U of H Library a long time ago when she was the joke member of Houston City Council. I was using a microfiche to read old Wall Street Journal articles, and she said she needed the machine. I said I was working on an important research project, and she pulled the "Do you know who I am?" card.
"A short woman whose inflated ego is twice as tall as she is?"

Thanks for the real-world verification. My gut tells me that if I had a dollar for every time Jackson Lee said, "Do you know who I am?" during her life, I'd be a wealthy man.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by powerboatr »

Rafe wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:29 pm
Redneck_Buddha wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:18 pm Jackson-Lee pulled the same thing on me at U of H Library a long time ago when she was the joke member of Houston City Council. I was using a microfiche to read old Wall Street Journal articles, and she said she needed the machine. I said I was working on an important research project, and she pulled the "Do you know who I am?" card.
"A short woman whose inflated ego is twice as tall as she is?"

Thanks for the real-world verification. My gut tells me that if I had a dollar for every time Jackson Lee said, "Do you know who I am?" during her life, I'd be a wealthy man.
she is just like corynn brown of jacksonville fl, both were and are congresswomen, corynn went to jail...same attitude and same lovely disposition. when we lived there she thought she was royalty
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Watch and you will see why it’s here.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Rep. Jackson Lee is getting backlash for angry recording because of her race, gender: Supporters

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rep-jacks ... supporters

All because of being a woman of color.

I can see the headlines after the election this week.

Return to “Off-Topic”