California to Texas migration

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

California to Texas migration

Post by ELB »

Meet the Dallas area woman shepherding a "Move to Texas from California" migration

The article says "vast majority" of newcomers from Cali lean conservative. I hope this is true.
USAF 1982-2005

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: California to Texas migration

Post by joe817 »

ELB wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:36 am Meet the Dallas area woman shepherding a "Move to Texas from California" migration

The article says "vast majority" of newcomers from Cali lean conservative. I hope this is true.
You and me both, ELB! IMHO, Texas is overcrowded with people migrating here that bring their liberal ideology with them. We don't need it! We need people who embrace the traditionally Texas conservative philosophy. :txflag:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

flechero

Post by flechero »

I wonder if Cali conservative is the same as Texas conservative??

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

The folks next door who moved from Irvine for Toyota are conservative and country as can be.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

flechero wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:45 am I wonder if Cali conservative is the same as Texas conservative??
I remember when Arnold Schwarzenegger was running for governor, he was referred to as a conservative. After he became governor it was obvious he was a RINO. I assume most conservative Californians are similar republicans.
Charlie

strogg

Post by strogg »

I think it's a regional thing. Speaking from pretty narrow heuristic evidence, the true red conservatives tend to move to the DFW area. The scary liberals that I ran away from would congregate in the Austin area.

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

I've met a few people from California and can definitely say for them to stay in California. Can't trust them but then again the only person you can trust is yourself.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Those who have immigrated from California that I associate with are Conservative/Libertarian with beliefs similar in most ways to my own. I have met a few, whose core beliefs I cannot attest to, that are amazed and/or dismayed by the relative firearms liberties / lesser "gun control" we have here. Overall, I can only hope that those immigrating don't tip the scales in Texas toward Progressivism. Most of us who care to take note of history understand where that leads.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I heard on the radio the other day that a U-haul rental was 475 dollars from Texas to Kalifornia but 1500 dollars from Kalifornia to Texas. Eventually u-haul will pay people to take a rental to Kali.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

LDP wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:36 pm
narcissist wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:00 pmI've met a few people from California and can definitely say for them to stay in California.
I usually tell EVERY Commifornia transplant to go back there.
Those who get offended can kiss my behind and leave. (hopefully) :evil2:
The others normally protest "Heck no! I like Texas!". Better. :cheers2:
My normal thing is to make sure they remember why they left California, or any other state. And plead with them to not vote for or support policies that will turn Texas into what they left behind. The handful of people from California I know are fairly libertarian. 2 of them are on this board.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

KLB

Post by KLB »

Instapundit (pjmedia.com/instapundit/) argues that someone such as the Koch Brothers should fund a welcome wagon of sorts for newcomers to Texas from blue states. The idea is to deliver to them literature and engage them in discussions to help them see that the differences in policies between red and blue states are responsible for the differences in outcome.

Any closet billionaires out there looking for a good cause?

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

KLB wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:37 pm Instapundit (pjmedia.com/instapundit/) argues that someone such as the Koch Brothers should fund a welcome wagon of sorts for newcomers to Texas from blue states. The idea is to deliver to them literature and engage them in discussions to help them see that the differences in policies between red and blue states are responsible for the differences in outcome.

Any closet billionaires out there looking for a good cause?
https://www.netarrantteaparty.com/

Check here for "Saturday in the Park". It is not the Koch Brothers but it is a number of groups trying to do just what is being suggested for newcomers
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:31 pm I heard on the radio the other day that a U-haul rental was 475 dollars from Texas to Kalifornia but 1500 dollars from Kalifornia to Texas. Eventually u-haul will pay people to take a rental to Kali.
I am a Uhaul neighborhood dealer. This kind of price difference has been true for several years. At this precise moment, a 26' truck, the kind you move your whole house with, from Los Angeles to Houston is $3,965.00 (plus fees and taxes). From Houston to Los Angeles, same truck is $967.00 (again plus fees and taxes). That's four times as much to move LA-HOU versus HOU-LA.

Right now anyone taking a UHaul truck out of Texas (at least my market area of Texas) is being offered a free enclosed trailer, just to get them out of Texas.

Everybody is moving to Texas, very few are moving out, and the trucks and trailers are piling up here.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Off-Topic”