DFW Way Out West Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Excaliber
Posts in topic: 70

Re: DFW Way Out West Breakfast

Post by Excaliber »

Blackhorse1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:49 pm I'm going to try and be there.I did go to Rudys last Saturday but only 2 people showed up. Surprise_
I'm_armed and strogg.
The entrance to Manny's Cafe is the westernmost door in the David's Stove Shop Building (just past the fire pits displayed outside).The other doors to the stove shop may not be open at 8:00.

If you're coming from the east, take I20 West to the Mikus Road exit and go through the traffic light at Mikus Rd. David's Stove Shop is on the service road on the corner with Mikus Road. Once you're inside, go left to get to the cafe.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Blackhorse1 »

I plan on being there.
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

strogg
Posts in topic: 20

Post by strogg »

I think I'll be able to make this one too. Count me in, please.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flightmare »

I am going to try, assuming I can wake up on time and get on the road.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Set the alarm. :lol:

Looks like we're going to have 8 members this morning.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flightmare »

I am on my way
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

We had a great breakfast with 8 1/2 attendees (one under a year old), even though a couple of regulars couldn't make it.

Great food, great conversations and lots of fun.

Flightmare passed out second amendment challenge coins we'll be bringing to future meetings, and he who forgets his buys the coffee.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again on December 28!
Excaliber

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Reminder:

The December DFW Way Out West Breakfast is this coming Saturday the 28th at Manny's Cafe (I20W and Mikus Rd - Exit 415).

Please let me know if you can make it by Friday so I can make the appropriate table arrangements.

Hint: Don't forget the challenge coins Flightmare distributed last month or you'll be buying coffee!

I've got more coins for new attendees.

I''m looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Excaliber

Diesel42
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Diesel42 »

I plan to be there. BTW, my pockets are full already. Thanks anyway.
Nick
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

strogg

Post by strogg »

You can count SIA and I in for Saturday.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 6

Post by chasfm11 »

Right now, I'm a probable for the 28th. I'll confirm later in the week. And I have my coin. NO WAY am I buying Flighmare's coffee. :biggrinjester:
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Blackhorse1 »

My friend that came with me to a couple of breakfasts, David Mayo, 65 years young,passed away suddenly this morning. I don't know all the facts yet. He said he wasn't feeling too good yesterday and he wouldn't be coming down to my shop that day. I took him a night supper last night and said I would check on him this morning. My wife called him around 8:00 last night and he said he didn't feel good and he would eat and then go to bed. My wife called him this morning at 8:00 and again at 10:00 a.m. no answer. I called and still no answer. My wife called his brother and said he needed to check on him. He said he had called him twice this morning and no answer. He went to his house and found him dead in his recliner where I had last seen him the night before. Aparrently he never made it to bed. He was a high school friend from the 69-70 era. He was our friend for over 50 years. He was one of our old hot rod buddies. Fly away with your new wings buddy. Will miss you. His wife died 3 years ago in her sleep. He's with her now....Here's to ya old friend. :cheers2:
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

strogg

Post by strogg »

Blackhorse1 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:29 pm My friend that came with me to a couple of breakfasts, David Mayo, 65 years young,passed away suddenly this morning. I don't know all the facts yet. He said he wasn't feeling too good yesterday and he wouldn't be coming down to my shop that day. I took him a night supper last night and said I would check on him this morning. My wife called him around 8:00 last night and he said he didn't feel good and he would eat and then go to bed. My wife called him this morning at 8:00 and again at 10:00 a.m. no answer. I called and still no answer. My wife called his brother and said he needed to check on him. He said he had called him twice this morning and no answer. He went to his house and found him dead in his recliner where I had last seen him the night before. Aparrently he never made it to bed. He was a high school friend from the 69-70 era. He was our friend for over 50 years. He was one of our old hot rod buddies. Fly away with your new wings buddy. Will miss you. His wife died 3 years ago in her sleep. He's with her now....Here's to ya old friend. :cheers2:
I'm incredibly sorry to hear that, my friend. It was an absolute pleasure to meet him the two times that I did. My condolences to you, your wife, and his family. :cheers2:

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Thats truly sad news.

He was a real gentleman and a great contributor to our breakfast.

May he rest in peace.
Excaliber

C-dub
Posts in topic: 18

Post by C-dub »

Not going to make this one. I'll be driving a family member home for the holidays back home. 500 miles round trip. Ya'll be careful getting to and from. It's supposed to be raining this Saturday.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”