DFW Way Out West Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Excaliber
Posts in topic: 70

DFW Way Out West Breakfast

Post by Excaliber »

The DFW West / Southwest breakfasts held every other month in the Weatherford area have been growing and in that thread it has been proposed that we start a dedicated western breakfast that meets monthly on a Saturday that doesn't conflict with the more established breakfasts.

I propose starting a monthly breakfast meeting at 8:00 AM on the fourth Saturday of each month starting in July at Manny's Cafe in Hudson Oaks.

Who wants to attend the July get together?

Details on Manny's Cafe:

Manny's Cafe
4019 Fort Worth Hwy
Hudson Oaks, TX 76087

It's a small cafe located in the David's Stove Shop building on the north side of westbound I20 at Mikus Road. There is minimal signage for the cafe, so look for David's Stove Shop which is easy to spot. The cafe entrance faces the road near the west end of the building by the windmill displays. (It can also be reached by going through the main stove shop entrance when that opens at 9 AM.) The cafe opens at 7:00. Staff advised they would be glad to have us and open carry is not an issue with them. The food is outstanding. It's also a bit closer for the folks coming from the main DFW area.

From I20 west, take Exit 415. It is just past the first traffic light (Mikus Road) on the right.

From I20 east, take Exit 415 and make a left at the light at Mikus Road, go under the highway, and turn left onto the westbound service road. It's the building on the corner of Mikus Rd. and the I20 service road.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: DFW Way Out West Breakfast

Post by Bitter Clinger »

My ask would be that we keep the breakfast / discussion 8:00 - 10:00 followed by a range session. Is that something you can be prevailed upon to further arrange? THANKS! :tiphat:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

C-dub
Posts in topic: 18

Post by C-dub »

That’s the 27th next month. I’m off that weekend, so it looks good for me being there next month.

I’m okay with range time after, but it’s probably going to be stupid hot.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

C-dub wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:42 pm That’s the 27th next month. I’m off that weekend, so it looks good for me being there next month.

I’m okay with range time after, but it’s probably going to be stupid hot.
That's why there are indoor ranges :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Lonestar Guns Gallery and Gear in Weatherford has a very nice indoor range at the I20 east service road and Tin Top Road off I20 exit 408. Its also got a very well stocked gun and accessory section. Warning: guns are a bit pricey there.

Manny's is at I20W exit 415. To get to Lonestar head west on I20 and get off at exit 408. Go through the traffic light at 171 and make a U turn under the bridge at the second stop sign (Bethel Rd) to get onto the eastbound service road. Lonestar is about a half mile down on the right. Its got good signage, but watch carefully for the driveway entrance. (It's easy to drive past it.)

Saturdays are busy on the range and it will probably be necessary to share lanes. They have two sets of ranges with automated target haulers and it is clean well ventilated and air conditioned.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

SigM4
Posts in topic: 13

Post by SigM4 »

I like the plan. I’m in.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

So for confirmation, July 27th @ 8 AM at Manny's, and then Range fun at Lonestar. I can't wait!!
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jusme wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:42 am So for confirmation, July 27th @ 8 AM at Manny's, and then Range fun at Lonestar. I can't wait!!
I've missed far too many of these breakfasts, so I was just looking at my calendar to see if I can make this one. Unfortunately, that's my dog's 10th birthday, so I'm not sure yet if I can make it. :lol:
Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 8.05.58 PM.png

IJK! It's true that's my dog's birthday, but I might still be able to fit the breakfast in. I have to check with the other dog to make sure. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

strogg
Posts in topic: 20

Post by strogg »

I should be good for the 27th as well. Nothing going on that weekend for me.

Hack Job
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Hack Job »

Good plan, I'm in.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 6

Post by chasfm11 »

I've missed a lot of these, too. I cannot make July but will pencil in August on my calendar. Please let us know how the next one goes.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

chasfm11 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:41 am I've missed a lot of these, too. I cannot make July but will pencil in August on my calendar. Please let us know how the next one goes.
Well, darn it! After I think I helped instigate this, I will not be able to make it in July... :banghead: :cryin
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:09 am
chasfm11 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:41 am I've missed a lot of these, too. I cannot make July but will pencil in August on my calendar. Please let us know how the next one goes.
Well, darn it! After I think I helped instigate this, I will not be able to make it in July... :banghead: :cryin
Troublemaker! :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 34
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

This thread did not have a comment from June 23. I totally missed this one, and went went with the original "Fort Worth side of town" thread.
When no one posted on the other one, I stated on 7/19/19 that we should meet at Manny's on 7/20/19, which did happen.

We had 3 in attendance: hackjob, diesel42, and myself.

I would like to make a suggestion. The 2 Fort Worth area threads have rather ambiguous titles that do not enable interested parties to quickly determine where or when they are. The term "Way Out West" makes me think of El Paso.

How about changing the thread titles (must be done by OP I believe) to : "3rd Saturday Tarrant/Parker County breakfasts" and
"4th Saturday Tarrant/Parker County breakfasts". I believe with those 2 county names in the titles, we would get the majority of people on the Fort Worth side of town. Johnson County and Palo Pinto County folks - you are invited too.

I believe that would allow potential and regular attendees to quickly know which Saturday they are looking at.

Next month I may propose to my Dallas side of town friends that we change the name of our thread to something similarly descriptive, such as "2nd Saturday Dallas area breakfasts".

TIA / SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:22 pm This thread did not have a comment from June 23. I totally missed this one, and went went with the original "Fort Worth side of town" thread.
When no one posted on the other one, I stated on 7/19/19 that we should meet at Manny's on 7/20/19, which did happen.

We had 3 in attendance: hackjob, diesel42, and myself.

I would like to make a suggestion. The 2 Fort Worth area threads have rather ambiguous titles that do not enable interested parties to quickly determine where or when they are. The term "Way Out West" makes me think of El Paso.

How about changing the thread titles (must be done by OP I believe) to : "3rd Saturday Tarrant/Parker County breakfasts" and
"4th Saturday Tarrant/Parker County breakfasts". I believe with those 2 county names in the titles, we would get the majority of people on the Fort Worth side of town. Johnson County and Palo Pinto County folks - you are invited too.

I believe that would allow potential and regular attendees to quickly know which Saturday they are looking at.

Next month I may propose to my Dallas side of town friends that we change the name of our thread to something similarly descriptive, such as "2nd Saturday Dallas area breakfasts".

TIA / SIA
The "DFW" that's already in the title should keep folks from thinking it's in El Paso. I don't want to tie the title to a date because that could change at some point in the future for reasons we can't foresee. I'm inclined to leave things as they are rather than create more confusion unless most of the folks who want to attend the Manny's gatherings think otherwise.

The 4th Saturday was selected after extensive online discussion that considered several options by multiple members in order to avoid conflict with the Arlington group and give the western folks who don't go to Arlington a way to get together every month as well as to allow folks who regularly attend the meetings at Rudy's to also attend the one in Hudson Oaks. The decision that the next Manny's breakfast would be on July 27 and would recur monthly on the 4th Saturday of each month was very clearly documented in the thread.

A few folks getting together a week early isn't a bad thing. I hope everyone had a good time and I know they had a really tasty breakfast courtesy of the Manny's staff. I also hope they all can join us next Saturday as well - a "double header" for July if you will.
Excaliber

Return to “Off-Topic”