For those who may still be buying Nike

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 6

Re: For those who may still be buying Nike

Post by Grayling813 »

LucasMcCain wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:01 am
AndyC wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:53 am To my foreign eyes, it seems to me that "the flag" is simply printed/embroidered/whatever onto clothing - as opposed to someone being clothed in a flag.
This is exactly correct. It's commonly misunderstood to mean that you can't wear anything with the american flag on it, and that's just silly. Wearing clothing with a flag pattern is patriotic. Taking a flag, cutting it up, and fashioning it into clothing is disrespectful.
:iagree: Saying that the pattern of the flag cannot be used in clothing would mean no patriotic bikinis. :patriot:

Besides, SCOTUS has pretty much gutted the flag code by allowing burning of the flag as protected 1st Amendment speech.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

LucasMcCain wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:01 am
AndyC wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:53 am To my foreign eyes, it seems to me that "the flag" is simply printed/embroidered/whatever onto clothing - as opposed to someone being clothed in a flag.
This is exactly correct. It's commonly misunderstood to mean that you can't wear anything with the american flag on it, and that's just silly. Wearing clothing with a flag pattern is patriotic. Taking a flag, cutting it up, and fashioning it into clothing is disrespectful.
:iagree:

While I was on active duty, I bought a very nice little embroidered flag patch. I then bought a red baseball cap and sewed the flag patch on it.

In civilian clothes, I wore that cap just about everywhere, including on base. Not one word was ever said against it. On the contrary, I had lots of people wanting to know where I had bought the cap so they could get one.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Noggin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Noggin »

I just read something about the Gov in AZ withdrawing incentives that had be offered to Nike for them to relocate to his state. He says that the economy in AZ can do just fine without Nike. I do hope that Nike have now wasted some money setting up the deal.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Betsy Ross flag now available on an AR. Just to rub it in Nike's face. :smilelol5:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... 5i3dkjnGRA
Do what you say you're gonna do.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I don’t think I’ve ever owned one pair of nike shoes or clothing.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

07C15A20-606D-4416-8CC0-D3F4778930A4.png
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

If you like Betsy Ross flag based sneakers, here is one you can buy that is not Nike:
https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/04/clot ... kers-nike/
Steve Rothstein

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

Betsy Ross was a Quaker.

Quakers did not have slaves.

Quakers were instrumental in getting slavery ended both here and the UK. They were abolishionists and mostly the people that ran the underground railway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quakers_i ... n_movement

But none of that is important, right.

Slavery existed from the beginning of humanity and exists still today. A slavery ring was just broken up in the UK, the slaves were mostly Polish.

If you study Roman times slavery was a fully integrated part of Roman life. It improved the life of everyone slaves and masters. Slaves were important parts of Roman life and were teachers, accountants and managers for their masters. Shouldn’t study Rome, Greece or Egypt anymore.

Boycott the Olympics from now on. No desire to memorialize those Greek athletes anymore. We could call it the Colin Games instead.

Most people don’t know that the Bible has rules governing the proper treatment of slaves. Slaves could be beaten, and as long as they were alive in the morning, it was not a sin against God.

So I guess we should throw the Bible out as well.

My boycott list just keeps getting longer.

Mel

Post by Mel »

Not a factor for me. Nike has nothing to compare to Tony Lama!
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Crash

Post by Crash »

The moment I first saw Capernik (hope I spelled it INCORRECTLY--he doesn't deserve the respect of having his named spelled correctly) kneeling, I erased him from my mind. And when I saw that Niccky was sponsoring him, I did the same for them.

Crash

SpringerFan

Post by SpringerFan »

Zero Nike products in my house, never will be.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/kaep- ... ery-group/

Conservative news picks up on Betsy Ross being a Quaker.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

What I want to know is who died and appointed Kapernick as the country's historian?? The kneeler should observe his 5th Amendment right to remain silent!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

flechero

Post by flechero »

Well, I didn't throw away my nike shoes... but I relegated them to dog crap, pick up duty. (back when the kneeling began) That seemed much more fitting than wasting them since I couldn't get a refund on an old shoes.

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

So I need a new pair of sneakers. I have always bought Nike shoes because I have extremely narrow feet, and they are the only brand that I've been able to find that run narrow enough to fit my feet. I just finished having to find a new brand of pants, as I was wearing Levi's for the past few years and needed some new pants. Any suggestions for brands of shoes that run narrow and are still fashionable?
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Return to “Off-Topic”