Did the Russians affect your vote?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

orionengnr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Did the Russians affect your vote?

Post by orionengnr »

Yeah, I was going to vote for Gorbachev.
He was far less of a Communist than any of our current crop of Dems. Unfortunately, he was ineligible--some nonsense about "citizenship"?
Huh, did I just say that? What an antiquated concept...to say nothing of a double standard.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Duh! Of course. Nobody can resist the mental rays of collusion the Russians beamed out of Twitter and Facebook. They made me mark the ballot for Trump cuz emoluments and Stormy and stuff.
Last edited by ScottDLS on Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Well, the next POTUS contest could seal the fate of this once-great republic. I'm kinda' old, I hope it's still there for my spawn.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

To be fair, I have to say that I don't know if the Russians affected my vote or not. It is highly possible that they did. Well, that is if the stories are true about how the Russians "meddled" in our election. The accusation is that the Russians were trying to cause confusion by posting multiple stories under fake names on both sides of any issue. I cannot tell you which stories were true and which were false, nor can I say which stories affected my vote. I know I would never have voted for Hillary no matter what, and I don't vote in either Republican or Democratic primaries, so it did not affect anything there.

That brings it down to whether a story the Russians posted made me decide to vote for Trump or Johnson. I cannot say what made me decide which to vote for of those two, but they were my choices in November. Somehow, I doubt it was Russian interference that made me vote against Hillary, but I have to admit that at least some of the stories they posted might have done so.

On a slightly different note, if the Russians interfered in the election by posting stories about the issues, why is no one upset about CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc. meddling in the current election? I have still not seen any difference between what the media is doing and what Russia was accused of doing.
Steve Rothstein

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I abhor the Clintons. I have abhorred the Clintons since the 1990s. They are evil people. Seems that the general population is finally catching on:

WATCH: Clintons booed at Billy Joel concert in New York City
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Paladin wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:00 am I abhor the Clintons. I have abhorred the Clintons since the 1990s. They are evil people. Seems that the general population is finally catching on:

WATCH: Clintons booed at Billy Joel concert in New York City
:iagree: I would have voted for ANYONE besides Hillary. Besides the history of corruption with Slick Willie, there was the Clinton Foundation that was poised to put the entire country up for sale. She came out and said that she was going to push gun control and raise taxes. I would have voted for my dog for President before her.

That the Clinton Foundation dried up after she lost confirms its purpose.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Yes, the russians in the Uranium One deal gave me yet another reason in a long list for voting for ABC (Anybody But Clinton) in 2016
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

mayor

Post by mayor »

Absolutely as well as China. Both communist countries are a threat to the U.S.A. especially Russia since they now have 20% of our uranium.

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

oljames3 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:41 am
striker55 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:15 am When you voted in the in the presidential election did the Russians affect your vote? Do you know anyone that even thought about the Russians when voting? What a bunch of crap!
Yes, the Russians affected my presidential vote as well as all my other votes, both state and national.

I spent my adult life training and practicing to stop the Russian hoards by firing tactical nuclear missiles from West Germany at targets in the Warsaw Pact and, failing that, with convention artillery in the Fulda Gap. My votes go to those persons who best help me continue my mission to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.
:patriot:
Dad was stationed in Oberammergau during the Cuban Missile Crisis and the assassination of President Kennedy. He was a Green Beret. During those times, we were told he was on "CQ." That meant he would not be home for some undetermined time. We were preparing for evacuation without him. Those were scary times when the question didn't seem to be IF WWIII would start, only when.
Thank you for your service. And I couldn't agree more.

Return to “Off-Topic”