I found my diagnosis

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stever1950
Posts in topic: 2

I found my diagnosis

Post by stever1950 »

I finally know what I have. While reading the S&W forum I found this which is perfect.

AAADD:

"Age-Activated Attention Deficit Disorder"
This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, And notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first...

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Pepsi I'd been drinking .

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Pepsi aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

The Pepsi is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Pepsi, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need water.

I put the Pepsi on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter , fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, So I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: The car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Pepsi sitting on the counter, the flowers don't have enough water, there is still only 1 check in my check book, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, And I don't remember what I did with the car keys. Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, And I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail....

Nailed it! :thumbs2:
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I found my diagnosis

Post by ninjabread »

That sounds like some of my coworkers.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

Bummer

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

I resemble that description!

Is it contagious?
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

stever1950 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:07 am I realize this is a serious problem, And I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail....
The third email in is a notice that someone has replied to one of my posts on texaschlforum.com.

I click the link to read the reply and wind up reading all the unread posts on the forum.

When I finally close my browser, there's my email program, but the 356 unread emails will have to wait until tomorrow because it's 2:00 AM now...
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

If it's like my house, at some point in the evening Dear Sweet Wife will ask why the water outside is running.
:biggrinjester:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Hey thanks for posting this. I was afraid I had something seriously wrong with me, but at least it has been identified. If I could find my address book, I would call my doctor, and schedule an appointment, to get treatment. Hey! That's where I put those new cleaning patches. Be right back got to clean my rifle. Where did I write down my safe combination????

"rlol" "rlol"
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
stever1950
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stever1950 »

Jusme wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:28 am Hey thanks for posting this. I was afraid I had something seriously wrong with me, but at least it has been identified. If I could find my address book, I would call my doctor, and schedule an appointment, to get treatment. Hey! That's where I put those new cleaning patches. Be right back got to clean my rifle. Where did I write down my safe combination????

"rlol" "rlol"
:thumbs2: :biggrinjester:
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I resemble that :smilelol5:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Off-Topic”