Help identifying rattler!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

thenick_ttu
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

Post by thenick_ttu »

It has been really unsettling watching this thread for the last week. I sure hope OP is ok. Prayers sent.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TreyHouston »

Calling an ambulance is smart, if its faster to get a ride then be sure to call ahead so they can get the anti venom. Not all hospitals in texas carry it. But they can get it fast!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I know the outlying hospital my ambulance serviced had enough cro-fab to get the process started but the patient had to transported to Harris Ft Worth for the ongoing treatment, I took two that had been bit by a rattlesnake, several that had been bit by a copperhead!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

nyj

Post by nyj »

RIP

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by The Annoyed Man »

nyj wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:12 amRIP
Do you know something the rest of us do not?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

Hope the OP is recovering and just unable to update the forum due to one hand being wrapped up and the other being twisted by his wife making him repeat over and over "I will not delay going to hospital after being bitten by a rattlesnake."

Personally any posts I had made if bitten by a poisonous snake would be made AFTER I returned from the hospital and was on the road to recovery!

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

Keith B wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:14 pm I tried reaching out to an email address he registered from, but no response. Even tried to associate the email address to a phone number and the number it links to said it’s not them or family. Unless someone knows more info on the member like location, real name, etc, we may never be able to trace anything down.
Y'all can track the IP address he typically logs in through, right? It would at least give us a general area to begin searching.

ETA: Then again, judging from his posts, he likely uses a VPN at all times, making this a dead end.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

ELB
Posts in topic: 7

Post by ELB »

The vast majority of snakebites, even from Mr. Rattler, do not result in death, but it's not a sure thing. Best wishes to Narcissist, at minimum he's having a painful time.
USAF 1982-2005

Terry

Post by Terry »

Welp Mike Posner got himself a snake bite so any searches for the past 7 days are flooded with that story. Still no mention of anyone in Texas reported dead from a bite. There was one guy in PA but he got bit last Saturday.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I haven't had time to do much recreational surfing lately, and I'm under a heckuva deadline right now - but I have to chip in. This is a distressing story.

Here's hoping the poster is recovering. I know some people will tough out a copperhead bite, but rattler?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

imkopaka wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:04 am
Keith B wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:14 pm I tried reaching out to an email address he registered from, but no response. Even tried to associate the email address to a phone number and the number it links to said it’s not them or family. Unless someone knows more info on the member like location, real name, etc, we may never be able to trace anything down.
Y'all can track the IP address he typically logs in through, right? It would at least give us a general area to begin searching.

ETA: Then again, judging from his posts, he likely uses a VPN at all times, making this a dead end.
The IP’s won’t help us, that’s all I’ll say.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Good news! I was able to contact the OP and he stated he was doing better and will be back on the forum ASAP. I am assuming he must have been dealing with a lot, but do not know the extent of the complications.

Hopefully it won’t be long until we hear from him again.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

carlson1
Posts in topic: 8

Post by carlson1 »

Thanks Keith for reaching out to him. I have been praying since his first post and glad he is doing better.

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

First I want to thank everyone for caring and sending prayers, I didn't think this was going to have as many comments as it did with people worrying. Then my wife reminded me about how Texans are, they are honest/good people. I think of Texas as basically it's own country in a way due to the way the people are you don't see that much anywhere else.

As far as what happened was after about two days of pain I gave in to my wife saying go to the hospital. After about a hour wait they took me back and I saw a Dr. and explained what had happened he said you waited to long "which I agree" then he literally started laughing as he walked out of the room. At this point I didn't feel much pain due to anger "adrenaline" I had to ask the nurse what's the plan [since the comedian left the room] she said we will give you fluids and keep you for observation that's all as of right now. I asked about something for the pain she then came back with acetaminophen-codeine pill. I'm sure most of you understand how weak of a pain med this is.

At this point I was getting more upset so I told them I want to sign myself out of the hospital against Dr. Orders. They in return had a police officer show up to tell me it's against their policy to let me go. Hmmm I knew better thanks to having knowledge of the law, after a bunch of "bull" putting it nicely I was allowed to leave back to the ranch.

The wound wasn't getting extremely bad like some of the photo's you see online, mainly swelling into the wrist area. I was getting symptoms of a extreme case of the flue, fever, couldn't hold down fluids to good, hot then cold within mins, numbness-shock feeling up my arm, sweating, pain in my back?? Kidneys I guess just not a fun time at all. As the days passed "slowly" getting better but the wound never got to the point I felt I needed to try another hospital. It took a good 2 wks of being basically bed ridden then I'm still at a certain state where I think I got some nerve damage in my hand/wrist. Still some what feel sick, back pain but nothing like it was.

What I learned [the hard way] is to get to a hospital as fast as you can to get the anti-venum in time! Thanks to having a dentist in the family she was nice enough to prescribe me actrul pain meds that helped me sleep during this time. The wound has pretty much healed and looks like a couple cigarette burns now. I guess I must not of got the entire dosage of venom or maybe it was a dry bite with what was left on its fangs?? Maybe just a bacterial infection from the bite?? I guess I'll never know but definitely upgrading to a taller snake boot for deer season!

I did get the Dr's name and plan on reporting him to the state Board but doubt it will even be looked at or even taken seriously. The main reason I even got bit was from "being stuck in my head" like people with ptsd, Example: when your on a long drive and not thinking of driving but other things. Like that basically. Thanks again to everyone who cared!!
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Return to “Off-Topic”