Nobody but Art Acevedo

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 26

Re: Nobody but Art Acevedo

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -with-cnn/

He’s back. Now working for CNN.

I’m not making this up.

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AF-Odin »

YGBSM. Can CNN sink any lower? Hiring a guy that was basically fired in Miami as Chief of Police to be their guy on Police and LE issues?
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

AF-Odin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:34 pm YGBSM. Can CNN sink any lower? Hiring a guy that was basically fired in Miami as Chief of Police to be their guy on Police and LE issues?
I think that's a perfect position for him in that case. He is the perfect example of what NOT to do.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

Flightmare wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:12 pm
AF-Odin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:34 pm YGBSM. Can CNN sink any lower? Hiring a guy that was basically fired in Miami as Chief of Police to be their guy on Police and LE issues?
I think that's a perfect position for him in that case. He is the perfect example of what NOT to do.
This!

As much as Acevedo keeps turning up like a bad penny... I have to imagine he has been blackmailed by someone somewhere to be a tool.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

He will be their guy who will defend and justify any bad police shootings that occur. Or maybe he'll be a complete turn coat and help them bad mouth police.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

I guess CNN will not cover trial of black cop bursting in and murdering innocent white couple relaxing in their home in Houston.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by K.Mooneyham »

puma guy wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:43 am
He will be their guy who will defend and justify any bad police shootings that occur. Or maybe he'll be a complete turn coat and help them bad mouth police.
I think you'll be correct on both counts. If the police shooting is to the advantage of leftwingers, Art will justify it on CNN. If not, he'll run his mouth and trash talk the police involved.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

He'll fit into the CNN culture. I still remember that picture of him on his knees in the middle of the street, kneeling before the BLM gods.
-Ruark

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/former-miami-pol ... 20014.html

Miami newspaper reacts to his hiring.

He will be all anti gun there.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

puma guy wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:43 amOr maybe he'll be a complete turn coat and help them bad mouth police.
I thought he already was a complete turncoat and did this.
Steve Rothstein

Rafe
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Nobody but Art Acevedo - He's Baaaack!

Post by Rafe »

Yep. Arguably the most controversial police chief in Houston's history is leaving Florida and returning to the Great State of Texas. To one of the few places that might welcome such a blue-dyed politician: Austin.

Art Acevedo taking new $271,000 Austin City Hall position overseeing police
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/20 ... 284317007/
Art Acevedo, who has served as a police chief in Austin, Houston and Miami, is taking a newly created, $271,000-a-year administrative job at Austin City Hall overseeing policing, city officials confirmed to the American-Statesman.

Acevedo – both a celebrated and polarizing figure – will serve as an interim assistant city manager and act as a liaison between the Austin Police Department and interim City Manager Jesús Garza. He will provide guidance to the department as it works through issues such as staffing, community-driven reforms and possibly returning to the negotiating table with the police union after years without a labor agreement.

Garza hand-picked Acevedo with no community input or public process, which he said is consistent with how he has built his executive team. The position requires no approval by the City Council, which was informed of his hiring Friday afternoon.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Sounds like a massive waste of taxpayer money.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AF-Odin »

No community input or public process for a job paying more than a quarter of a million dollars a year? I say again, YGBSM! Acevedo needs to go away, far away from Texas. Wish the Austin City Council would call Garza to account for this, but knowing Austin, I doubt it. Bet Austin sees even greater loss of experienced officers.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Topic author
philip964

Re: Nobody but Art Acevedo - He's Baaaack!

Post by philip964 »

Rafe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:20 am Yep. Arguably the most controversial police chief in Houston's history is leaving Florida and returning to the Great State of Texas. To one of the few places that might welcome such a blue-dyed politician: Austin.

Art Acevedo taking new $271,000 Austin City Hall position overseeing police
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/20 ... 284317007/
Art Acevedo, who has served as a police chief in Austin, Houston and Miami, is taking a newly created, $271,000-a-year administrative job at Austin City Hall overseeing policing, city officials confirmed to the American-Statesman.

Acevedo – both a celebrated and polarizing figure – will serve as an interim assistant city manager and act as a liaison between the Austin Police Department and interim City Manager Jesús Garza. He will provide guidance to the department as it works through issues such as staffing, community-driven reforms and possibly returning to the negotiating table with the police union after years without a labor agreement.

Garza hand-picked Acevedo with no community input or public process, which he said is consistent with how he has built his executive team. The position requires no approval by the City Council, which was informed of his hiring Friday afternoon.
Wow is $271,000 the new base salary for an above mid level bureaucrat?

Or is this the minimum salary to live in Austin due to all the CA's moving there.

mayor

Post by mayor »

-
Last edited by mayor on Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”