Nobody but Art Acevedo

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 26

Re: Nobody but Art Acevedo

Post by philip964 »

Rafe wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:43 am
philip964 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:59 pm The Houston Police Officers Union has written a letter objecting to the actions of Chief Art Acevedo after the death of the Seargent and hijacking the solemn moment to go political about guns.

The chief’s comments have gone around the world being repeated hundreds of times in news webs far and wide.
Little more, but not much, in this ABC13 article about the Houston Police Officers' Union president's (Joe Gamaldi) message to union members. In part: "The fact that Chief Acevedo chose that moment to make a political statement on guns is nothing short of offensive and inappropriate."

While Acevedo rants and rails at the NRA and demands legislation, it turns out the murderer, Arturo Solis, had a 2015 domestic violence conviction, so it was already illegal for him to own a firearm. I'm certain that additional legislation would have done the trick. I mean, we shouldn't have to worry about enforcing existing laws when we can always add new ones, right? And it's clearly the fault of the NRA and state senators that Solis had a gun, right? Not the criminal justice system which includes Acevedo himself and the revolving-door policies of DA Kim Ogg, right?
https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/michae ... -brewster/ Conservative New/Talk Radio is covering it, but not Channel 2 NBC who still has the “Whose side are you on” story as their top story on the website.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

Why he is still in charge when fake evidence was fabricated that resulted in the death of 2 people?
He should resign or fired. He is not an politician so his comments are worthless. He is an incompetent leader.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grayling813 »

Beiruty wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:31 am Why is he still in charge?
Because he’s a useful idiot.

Malawler

Post by Malawler »

He's still in charge because the comrade mayor he works for is just as bad!

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Art is just being Art. He can't help himself. Just send him back to California.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

From the way he is politicking, I’m figuring he is going to run for office or getting ready to move to a higher paying job back in California or Nuevo York.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LDP wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:19 pm
Malawler wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:13 pm He's still in charge because the comrade mayor he works for is just as bad!
I think another factor is also that San Antonio does not want him so he has no place to go, no place to be "promoted to". (he was originally supposed to go to SAT)
He's been getting "promoted" every time people get tired of him.
I say "let's keep him in Houston, we don't need him screwing up another city".
Funny you should mention SA. I ran across this editorial just this morning: https://www.ktsa.com/san-antonio-dodged ... t-acevedo/. It sounds like even SA has no love lost for Acevedo.

BTW, I must not have been paying attention, because I didn’t know that he has been appointed chief of the California Highway Patrol a year before I moved out of California.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html
A top candidate to replace retiring California Highway Patrol Commissioner D.O. “Spike” Helmick has been investigated recently for allegedly showing nude photographs of a fellow CHP officer to other high-ranking officers while on duty.

Assistant Chief Art Acevedo is the subject of a $5-million civil claim involving the woman with whom he allegedly had an affair in 1995.

Acevedo said the probe is an attempt to derail his chances to become the CHP’s top officer. He accused Helmick of disclosing the details, a charge that Helmick denied.

Claims filed with three state agencies allege that Acevedo kept sexually explicit Polaroid photographs of the woman in the glove box of his state-issued car and showed them to other supervisors after the affair ended.
In a cleverly worded reply, Acevedo didn’t confirm OR deny having the nude pictures in his state-supplied car; he denied showing them to anybody.

Well... :roll:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

philip964 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:42 am https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... l-remarks/

Doubles down on gun comments.
Art needs to go back to Cali
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Needs to go back to Cuba!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TxRVer »

LDP wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:17 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:28 pm Art needs to go back to Cali
C-dub wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:53 pm Needs to go back to Cuba!
I will gladly take up a collection for a flight ticket to CA or floaties to swim to Cuba. Shall I start a GoFundMe page? I bet it will be popular in Houston!
I vote for floaties.
Charlie

Sidro

Post by Sidro »

I believe they have openings for a chief in Chicago and Oakland.

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Syntyr »

TxRVer wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:36 pm
LDP wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:17 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:28 pm Art needs to go back to Cali
C-dub wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:53 pm Needs to go back to Cuba!
I will gladly take up a collection for a flight ticket to CA or floaties to swim to Cuba. Shall I start a GoFundMe page? I bet it will be popular in Houston!
I vote for floaties.
I vote for a rocket!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Return to “Off-Topic”