Red Star icon

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Red Star icon

Post by C-dub »

I use google chrome as my browser. Yeah, yeah, I know. However, I noticed yesterday that the icon it has for the forum is a red star. Is this something Charles can select?

For example, a motorcycle forum I'm on has a little Goldwing motorcycle silhouette. Has anyone else noticed this on their browser?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Red Star icon

Post by n5wmk »

C-dub wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:56 pm I use google chrome as my browser. Yeah, yeah, I know. However, I noticed yesterday that the icon it has for the forum is a red star. Is this something Charles can select?

For example, a motorcycle forum I'm on has a little Goldwing motorcycle silhouette. Has anyone else noticed this on their browser?
I also use Google Chrome, and I don't see a red star anywhere associated with this forum. Are you referring to the small icon on the tab(s) at the top of the browser? If so, mine is something else - hard to describe - but not a red star.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SQLGeek »

I don't see that either. It shows up as a globe for me, which I think is the default when there is nothing selected by the forum.

Can you take a screenshot?

Random trivia, that little icon is called a favicon.
Psalm 91:2

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Look a little closer... That star is most likely an arrow... I'm running Safari and it assigned the icon to Youtube, and 2 other forums that I belong to.....

strogg

Post by strogg »

No, I don't think an icon is setup for this site. Maybe the star is indicating it's in your favorites?

madwildcat

Post by madwildcat »

I ran it in multiple browsers. I don't believe the icon is setup for this site.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

It is definitely a red star on a white background. It reminds me of the red star on the tails of the russian bear bombers. The other favicons are things like a calendar page day for my google calendar or a red M for my gmail that looks a little similar to the M from the Mach 5 Speed Racer cartoon. For IMDb it is "IMDb" on a yellow background like their logo. The weather page has their logo and so does Amazon's favicon.

My other issue is now I don't remember what it was before. I would've thought if it followed the whole logo thing that it would be a Texas flag with TexasCHLForum superimposed over the flag.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

I’ve noticed when using Chrome it’ll hold on to whatever the favicon is for the last site visited prior to this one. If I open a new window though I get the default dog eared page.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Ed4032 »

It means that you bookmarked that page.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

C-Dub, are you referring to the circle with lines on it in the far left hand side of any sub forum thread that has a red star at the 2:00 position.? If so, that indicates that you have responded in that particular thread.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

joe817 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:37 pm C-Dub, are you referring to the circle with lines on it in the far left hand side of any sub forum thread that has a red star at the 2:00 position.? If so, that indicates that you have responded in that particular thread.
No. Not that red star. It is not IN the forum.

With Chrome there is a page of favorites that will have the shortcuts to the most commonly used websites. TexasCHLForum, is of course, my first and most visited website. Each of the other 10 of my most visited site there is an icon/favicon that is a logo of those sites. This site is the only one that is not from this site that I can find.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Ah that's a little different. Does it look like this?
Capture.PNG

If so, those aren't favicons, those are generated by Google.

My icon for Texas CHL Forum is the Google maps icon for whatever reason.

Do you see a red star In the browser tab? That is the favicon.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

SQLGeek wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:35 pm Ah that's a little different. Does it look like this?

Capture.PNG

If so, those aren't favicons, those are generated by Google.

My icon for Texas CHL Forum is the Google maps icon for whatever reason.

Do you see a red star In the browser tab? That is the favicon.
Now we're on the same page. Where yours has the google maps icon mine is just a white circle with a red star. I also have the google maps icon, but for the google maps link.

I wonder why yours is that and mine is different. Good to know that it isn't being used for everyone's and has anything to do with russia russia russia. :lol:

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Mass collusion between Texas CHL forum and foreign entities. :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic”