Woman killed by FT Worth PD officer

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Woman killed by FT Worth PD officer

Post by Dave2 »

AJSully421 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:28 am Good heavens... not this stuff again! I’m in the potential jury pool on this one, so I’ll stay quiet, but did they learn nothing from Jerry Waller in 2013?
As best I can tell, no. Unless police shootings actually go to trial like in Amber what’s her name’s case, all that ever seems to happen is they say that the officer was following policy. Seems like the press never thinks to ask why the policy is so crap in the first place, and the police don’t seem to say to themselves “hey maybe we should change our policy so that this won’t happen again”. Or at least I’ve never heard of that happening.

Edit: I hope I’m wrong and I just haven’t seen the right press conferences or something.
Last edited by Dave2 on Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 20

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The thing that bothers me most is that they were called to do a wellness check and instead of simply knocking on the door and asking if she was OK, they come in like they are doing a raid on a trap house.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

That video is really messed up. NOONE could respond to orders that fast by someone suddenly outside your window. That whole situation is just WRONG!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

How about checking on your neighbor yourself?

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

wheelgun1958 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:34 pm How about checking on your neighbor yourself?
Good point. I would call my neighbor. But in the middle of the night would I go over to check on her and have her shoot me? How about call the police. Oh, he did.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

Mike The Cop weighs in. I think he covered it well.

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

LDP wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:14 pm
Should we start a pool on whether the rookie cop will get a slap on the wrist or not?
My intent was to meet with him today to terminate his employment with the Fort Worth Police Department. However, the officer tendered his resignation this morning before we met," Kraus told reporters Monday. "Even though he no longer works for the city, we will continue the administrative investigation as if he did. The case will be completed and reviewed by the chain of command.
Fort Worth police officer accused of shooting and killing black woman has resigned, chief says

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fort-worth- ... estigation

philip964
Posts in topic: 10

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... SIGNS.html

Police Officer has resigned.

Unlike the other incident this was on duty. I don’t know if that will affect the final outcome.

In Las Vegas NV, there would be an inquest and the officer would later receive a commendation.

flechero

Post by flechero »

I'm guessing that his resignation is a defense strategy. Maybe his employment would require certain conditions or cooperation that you wouldn't want, as a defendant?

It also makes me sick that even FOX was reporting this as "another white officer shooting a black person" in the tease of the story. :banghead:

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Grayling813 »

flechero wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:17 pm It also makes me sick that even FOX was reporting this as "another white officer shooting a black person" in the tease of the story. :banghead:
FOX News is increasingly left wing and well on the way to becoming another fake news outlet.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

I don't understand why the rookie officer, nor the other officer attempted to identify themselves. If this was in fact a welfare check and there was no obvious signs of a crime, why did they not call out to any occupants of the residence and identify as FWPD? I do not believe the officer intended malice when he arrived, nor do I believe that race is even a factor in this case. I think it is either poor training, or poor verification of the training the officer received.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

That was fast!

Fort Worth police officer jailed on murder charge after resigning in shooting that killed woman in home

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fort-worth-p ... estigation
Last edited by Frankie on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

Frankie wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:28 pm That was fast!

Fort Worth police officer jailed on mu ... ndex.html.
Linky no worky
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Off-Topic”