Road rage

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
narcissist
Posts in topic: 6

Road rage

Post by narcissist »

Thought it would be cool if anyone wanted tell everyone your most extreme case of road rage. Since im sure we all have had some sort of incident in the past.

Mine was pulling out of Walmart years ago and a truck pulling a nice off road mudding truck with probably 54 inch Super Swampers on a trailer almost hit us so I honked to get his attention. Well apparently his son? in a Dodge Dually 5500 4x4 pulled up behind us honking going Cookoo!!

Then preceded to pull to the left of us, [ we are in a lil car by the way ] he was right next to us swerving toward us with his window down cursing trying to scare me or actruly slam the vehicle back and forth over and over.

This was in the middle of a city he was in the turning lane by the way he did this for a couple miles, at the time I carried a pistol in the car a Glock model 22. It got to the point of being not sure if our lives were in danger. I told my wife once he slams us grab the sterring wheel the best you can, im going to start UNLOADING the magazine just hang on It'll be ok. I was completely calm and thinking straight by the way.

Took the pistol out of the console to be prepared and as soon as he saw the gun by 'accident' [ guess since he was so high up ]. You see him slamming on the breaks and nothing but Smoke and skidding behind us. In no way shape or form did I intend for him to see the weapon, it had got to the point that our lives were in Danger! Almost had to use it, glad I didn't have to since he looked like maybe 19-20yo.

All because of a Honk at daddy, crazy people out there be prepared for the worst.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Road rage

Post by chasfm11 »

We were coming through Waco on a heavy traffic Sunday afternoon. I was driving a 36 foot RV pulling a car. Because of the size of that combination, I have to look far ahead. I saw 8 cars lining up to come on the entrance ramp near where the Burger King was on the South side. I signaled and moved to the center lane. I was watching in my right mirror to see when the last of the eight cars passed me so that i could move back to the right lane. I drive slower than traffic and try to stay out of the way of faster cars.

In the mirror, I saw the last car swerve toward the side of the RV, nearly striking it. While it wasn't clear what the distraction was, it was clear that the driver was distracted. I lightly tapped the air horn to remind the driver that i was there. That set off a flurry of gestures and the driver, a woman, was clearly yelling at me. She slowed when she was level with the front of the RV and I could see that she had both a cigarette and a cell phone in her hands and was trying to drive with her palms. She swerved toward me a couple of more times then accelerated, moved in front of me and brake checked me multiple times. I signaled and moved right (I still had to contend with the traffic behind m) and she moved back to the right lane in front of my, brake checking me several more times. I looked for an exit which I could take after she had already passed it to get away from her but the space at the exits was too great and she could have followed me across the painted stripes.

I had my wife digging out the cell phone to call 911. About that time, the driver took an exit, still offering me the one finger salute. Who, in their right mind challenges a 22,000lb vehicle with a Toyota Corolla? The paint condition of the car suggested that she didn't consider it to have much value. The same could be said for her life.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

narcissist wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:33 am Thought it would be cool if anyone wanted tell everyone your most extreme case of road rage. Since im sure we all have had some sort of incident in the past.

Mine was pulling out of Walmart years ago and a truck pulling a nice off road mudding truck with probably 54 inch Super Swampers on a trailer almost hit us so I honked to get his attention. Well apparently his son? in a Dodge Dually 5500 4x4 pulled up behind us honking going Cookoo!!

Then preceded to pull to the left of us, [ we are in a lil car by the way ] he was right next to us swerving toward us with his window down cursing trying to scare me or actruly slam the vehicle back and forth over and over.

This was in the middle of a city he was in the turning lane by the way he did this for a couple miles, at the time I carried a pistol in the car a Glock model 22. It got to the point of being not sure if our lives were in danger. I told my wife once he slams us grab the sterring wheel the best you can, im going to start UNLOADING the magazine just hang on It'll be ok. I was completely calm and thinking straight by the way.

Took the pistol out of the console to be prepared and as soon as he saw the gun by 'accident' [ guess since he was so high up ]. You see him slamming on the breaks and nothing but Smoke and skidding behind us. In no way shape or form did I intend for him to see the weapon, it had got to the point that our lives were in Danger! Almost had to use it, glad I didn't have to since he looked like maybe 19-20yo.

All because of a Honk at daddy, crazy people out there be prepared for the worst.
I hope you immediately called 911 and reported it. If not your antagonist could have caused you a world of grief by reporting that you pointed a gun at him. In the absence of a report by you, he would likely have been believed because he could describe the gun you actually had.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

So rule of thumb is one should always call 911 immediately when in a situation as such? What would you tell the operator? Would you tell them that some bo-zo is trying to run me off the road and I have my firearm out? Just curious

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tex1961 »

I was young, probably 17 or 18, I tried to change lanes and unfortunately there was a car in my blind spot... He honked and I swerved back over into my lane... No harm no fowl... I was in the wrong... We pull up to the light next to each other, I wave and do The whole sorry thing... Guy and his wife in the car... Well the guy is going crazy, flipping me off, yelling... (all of our windows were closed....)... So I looked at him and made the middle finger going into my other hand and then pointed to him and me and shaking my head no... I'm not that type.... OMG.... You literally see the smoke coming out of this guys ears... His wife is cracking up because she knows that I'm getting the better of him... Light turns green and he squeals his tires as he takes off, wife is now in full laughter and I'm still at the light with a stupid grin on my face...... I chuckled all the way home....

thenick_ttu

Post by thenick_ttu »

I once had a guy in a very large truck (Ford diesel) go crazy on me one morning on my way to work in East Plano. I was driving in the middle lane of a 3 lane residential street and passed a line of slowing moving cars in the left lane. The guy was the leader of the slow moving car line. I guess he didn't like that my little Honda passed his big ol' truck and got in front of him in the left lane. As soon as I got into the left lane, he accelerated aggressively to the point where I though he was going to rear-end me. At the last second, he swerved into the middle lane, got right next to me, then encroached into my lane, trying to push me into the median. At this time, the road widens and two left hand turn lanes appear so I just keep scooting left to avoid contact and make my way to the far left lane and come to a stop at the red light. As soon as I come to a stop, this crazy person slams his truck into park, jumps out of his truck and approaches my driver side door. He stopped so violently that his truck was still rocking when he jumped out of it. I saw all of this happen and it felt like slow motion. I made sure my doors were locked, pulled my Ruger .38 special from my pocket and held it, waiting for this guy to do something. As soon as he pulled on the door handle and tried to open the door, I pointed my pistol at him and told him to back off. To my disbelief, when he saw my pistol he did NOT immediately turn around and head back to his vehicle. He took a step back and pointed finger guns at me in a mocking gesture. He stood there for 4-5 seconds continuing to mock me with his finger guns, before returning to his vehicle. About this time, the light turned green and I proceeded to turn left. I immediately called 911, spoke to the operator, and followed instructions to wait for a police officer at a nearby business. When the officer showed up, he was accusatory that this was my fault. He even made a comment that I had committed aggravated assault by pointing my gun at this person and said that if this person contacted the police too, then I could be in trouble. I was completely floored and could not believe this officer's attitude. I guess the other driver never contacted police because nothing every came of it.

The was the first time that I've had to point my weapon at another person, and I hope it is the last.

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

Excaliber wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:02 am
narcissist wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:33 am Thought it would be cool if anyone wanted tell everyone your most extreme case of road rage. Since im sure we all have had some sort of incident in the past.

I hope you immediately called 911 and reported it. If not your antagonist could have caused you a world of grief by reporting that you pointed a gun at him. In the absence of a report by you, he would likely have been believed because he could describe the gun you actually had.
I did call 911 and they had informed me that numerous calls had been already reported about the incident. You're right could of got charged with brandishing a weapon even though our lives were at risk. I always have a camera going on the windshield while driving for years now. It rotates-left/right just in case something happens again at least there's evidence.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

My wife had a guy pull a gun on her once. She was turning left and someone almost hit her. She honked. He turned around (had been going the opposite way at that point), and sped up to catch her at the next intersection, where he jumped out, ran to her window, and pointed a gun at her. She called the police, but did not have the license plate number, so they were unable to find the guy. Since this happened near our house, she also changed her license plate number immediately in case he tried to find her.

Once everything calmed down, she and I had a talk about not honking unless it is absolutely essential to alert someone else to your presence, and always leaving an escape route, especially at stop lights. Unfortunately, she works with schools, so having a gun in her car is not really an option a lot of the time.

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

Russell wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:54 pm
thenick_ttu wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:48 am

Not the first story I've heard like this! This is why I've decided to always have a lawyer's card in my wallet that I can call first before I proceed with doing anything else...
You got the right idea, if you're lucky enough to live in a small town I'd suggest using the local attorney ( if he/she is good ). The attorney I use all the time has done all kinds of "Free" yes I said Free work. Even after being sued by a 10 year long working buddie then 8 year's of free hunting "Friend" the attorney printed us out new Liability Realease forms that he will even stand by for not a dime!

chamberc
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chamberc »

narcissist wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:13 pm
Excaliber wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:02 am

I did call 911 and they had informed me that numerous calls had been already reported about the incident. You're right could of got charged with brandishing a weapon even though our lives were at risk. I always have a camera going on the windshield while driving for years now. It rotates-left/right just in case something happens again at least there's evidence.
Texas does not have any law regarding brandishing.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I had one guy get so hyped up an ambulance had to be called for him to take him to the hospital for an anxiety attack. He did threaten me with physical harm and claimed to know where I lived. I was complemented by the SD for showing restraint as I was armed. I did tell the SD that my 87 year old Mom was visiting me and if the man was caught at night around my house that deadly force would be used. He agreed with me.

Topic author
narcissist

Post by narcissist »

chamberc wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:43 pm
Texas does not have any law regarding brandishing.
[/quote]

This happened before the open carry law took effect, not sure if that matters?

Return to “Off-Topic”