San Saba, TX football field's over a cemetery. Spirits help the home team.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

San Saba, TX football field's over a cemetery. Spirits help the home team.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

https://www.texascooppower.com/texas-st ... eam-spirit

The San Saba Armadillos football team needed a place to play. A graveyard that was used from 1858 to 1934, was donated by the Rogan family, in order to use the area for a football field.

Some families moved their deceased loved ones, others did not. So the remaining gravestones were moved off the area, and football play commenced in 1935. Many dead bodies remained under the field, their final resting places now unmarked.

This is kind of a Halloween story, since the story goes that the deceased spirits under the football field favor the home team, and spoil the efforts of the visiting team. Cool beans.

Not only is their text explaining the story, but there is a comedic video, lasting 2:19 as well.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

San Saba County is well known for its large pecan output.

San Saba County is also the boyhood home and the continuing home of movie star Tommy Lee Jones. IIRC, his current home is only a few miles from the place he grew up.

Fun fact: Tommy Lee Jones went to Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass. and was in the same class as actor John Lithgow and climate change alarmist Al Gore.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Daddio-on-patio

Re: San Saba, TX football field's over a cemetery. Spirits help the home team.

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Love this guy!
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

DynamicDan

Re: San Saba, TX football field's over a cemetery. Spirits help the home team.

Post by DynamicDan »

That is definetly an unfair advantage

Return to “Off-Topic”