thoughts on the future of political parties

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
SewTexas
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:52 pm
Location: San Antonio area

thoughts on the future of political parties

#1

Post by SewTexas » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:48 pm

my husband and I were talking over the weekend and I ran this past him....I had only briefly mentioned it to a couple of other people. He thinking it's actually a possibly future. Tell me what you think?

I see a future with 4 political parties.

I see the Republican party splitting in two, we have a far right and a more "left/center" leaning wing. I see party splitting....

I see the Democrats splitting in two, have a far left wing and a more "right/center" leaning wing. I see them splitting.....

THEN....I eventually see the two middle parties possibly merging

My thinking is that this will begin soon, I mean the internal party separations are already happening. My bet is that whichever party loses the next presidential election will split.
I think that the final piece, to the 3 party part.....20 - 25 years, possibly 30?

ok, give me your thoughts on this
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6160
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: thoughts on the future of political parties

#2

Post by Liberty » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:57 am

I don't think the parties will ever have a permanent split, The partys today aren't about philosophical or moral differences its strictly about choosing a side for power and money.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy


s3779m
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Re: thoughts on the future of political parties

#3

Post by s3779m » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:15 am

I can't see more than two parties for any length of time. The parties have to rely on donations and off shoot parties just do not get the money needed. Right now the dems are looking to be moving too far into socialism, at least from my viewpoint, but any party that has Calf. New York, LSM, ect. backing it will still exist to some level. Politics has always been a dirty business, but it does seem to produce multi millionaires from salaries that the politicians themselves say they can barely survive on.


Tex1961
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 653
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:11 am
Location: Frisco, Texas

Re: thoughts on the future of political parties

#4

Post by Tex1961 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:46 am

I'm sure I'll go back to my normal self, but right now I'm implementing the "Head in a hole" strategy..... I've stopped all political and most news feeds from my apps that I use on a daily basis.... I've given up most online sources such as Yahoo, etc..... Yesterday I even removed Fox from my News 360 page.... We are so inundated with politics, disasters, murders, etc ,etc... It's just overwhelming sometimes.... Every news source is Chicken Little everyday.... I'm just simply tired of it... I have enough stress in my daily life without outside sources adding to it...
Mike Troncalli
Owner and operator of Tejas Products "Manufacturer of firearm related accessories and custom laser engraving"
and Certified gun nut. :txflag:

WWW.TEJASPRODUCTS.COM


Rob72
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:08 am
Location: Gulf Coast

Re: thoughts on the future of political parties

#5

Post by Rob72 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:31 am

Liberty wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:57 am
I don't think the parties will ever have a permanent split, The partys today aren't about philosophical or moral differences its strictly about choosing a side for power and money.
Agreed. Any third party would have to essentially be a financial revolutionary action to attain and maintain power long enough to have longitudinal viability. A 4th party would simply be a failure "ringer" for whichever side they chose.

User avatar

joe817
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 9248
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 7:13 pm
Location: Arlington

Re: thoughts on the future of political parties

#6

Post by joe817 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Tex1961 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:46 am
I'm sure I'll go back to my normal self, but right now I'm implementing the "Head in a hole" strategy..... I've stopped all political and most news feeds from my apps that I use on a daily basis.... I've given up most online sources such as Yahoo, etc..... Yesterday I even removed Fox from my News 360 page.... We are so inundated with politics, disasters, murders, etc ,etc... It's just overwhelming sometimes.... Every news source is Chicken Little everyday.... I'm just simply tired of it... I have enough stress in my daily life without outside sources adding to it...
:iagree:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380


montgomery
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 8:13 am
Location: Montgomery, Texas

Re: thoughts on the future of political parties

#7

Post by montgomery » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:07 pm

joe817 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:00 pm
Tex1961 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:46 am
I'm sure I'll go back to my normal self, but right now I'm implementing the "Head in a hole" strategy..... I've stopped all political and most news feeds from my apps that I use on a daily basis.... I've given up most online sources such as Yahoo, etc..... Yesterday I even removed Fox from my News 360 page.... We are so inundated with politics, disasters, murders, etc ,etc... It's just overwhelming sometimes.... Every news source is Chicken Little everyday.... I'm just simply tired of it... I have enough stress in my daily life without outside sources adding to it...
:iagree:
There are only two parties: patriots willing to fight and die for the Constitution and Declaration of Independence and everyone else that are two sides of the same coin that choose to perpetuate divisive rhetoric to profitably sustain the status quo.

User avatar

Topic author
SewTexas
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:52 pm
Location: San Antonio area

Re: thoughts on the future of political parties

#8

Post by SewTexas » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:25 pm

hmm, ok, interesting thoughts. thank you.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: thoughts on the future of political parties

#9

Post by Grayling813 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:33 pm

montgomery wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:07 pm
There are only two parties: patriots willing to fight and die for the Constitution and Declaration of Independence and everyone else that are two sides of the same coin that choose to perpetuate divisive rhetoric to profitably sustain the status quo.
:iagree: There's a reason why many people refer to the Democrat and Republican parties as the "Uni Party." Increasingly there is little difference between the two parties. Both are more interested in power and self-enrichment than the Constitution and the citizens of the United States.


montgomery
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 8:13 am
Location: Montgomery, Texas

Re: thoughts on the future of political parties

#10

Post by montgomery » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:52 pm

Grayling813 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:33 pm
montgomery wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:07 pm
There are only two parties: patriots willing to fight and die for the Constitution and Declaration of Independence and everyone else that are two sides of the same coin that choose to perpetuate divisive rhetoric to profitably sustain the status quo.
:iagree: There's a reason why many people refer to the Democrat and Republican parties as the "Uni Party." Increasingly there is little difference between the two parties. Both are more interested in power and self-enrichment than the Constitution and the citizens of the United States.
Well said. :tiphat:

User avatar

der Teufel
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: In the vicinity of Austin

Re: thoughts on the future of political parties

#11

Post by der Teufel » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:38 pm

I doubt that we'll have more than two STRONG political parties. In a parliamentary system it can work, where parties can group together to form a coalition government. In our system however, such a split would only make two weak parties which would be unable to overcome whichever party did not split. Much in the way third party candidates for president weaken one candidate (check out Ross Perot for a good example). In 1980 John Anderson didn't keep Ronald Reagan out of office, but it was a concern among many.
I think we're stuck with a two party system.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member


kayt00
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: DFW Area

Re: thoughts on the future of political parties

#12

Post by kayt00 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:18 pm

There was a third party at least here in Texas, the Populist/Peoples party. It didn't last much past the Late 1800's/early 1900's. The last elected official that I can remember off the top of my head was the 20th governor of Texas, James Hogg. It evolved from the farmers alliance, and greenback party but ultimately just faded into history.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 7385
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: thoughts on the future of political parties

#13

Post by anygunanywhere » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:32 pm

There’s not going to be any political parties. There is basically only one party which is the government. There will be two groups. The first will be the government and whoever is in the government’s favor and allows to live. The other group will be the ones the government must eliminate.

Socialism and communism is that way. Always has been and always will be.
"The Second Amendment is absolute...If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: thoughts on the future of political parties

#14

Post by Grayling813 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:39 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:32 pm
There’s not going to be any political parties. There is basically only one party which is the government. There will be two groups. The first will be the government and whoever is in the government’s favor and allows to live. The other group will be the ones the government must eliminate.

Socialism and communism is that way. Always has been and always will be.
:iagree: Exactly. If the Socialist Democrats and their willing accomplices in the media and Globalist Republican party gets their way.
The only question left will be how many former-USA citizens will they kill in order to achieve total power?

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 8370
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: thoughts on the future of political parties

#15

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:14 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:32 pm
There’s not going to be any political parties. There is basically only one party which is the government. There will be two groups. The first will be the government and whoever is in the government’s favor and allows to live. The other group will be the ones the government must eliminate.

Socialism and communism is that way. Always has been and always will be.
Truth is, we are already there but being kept hopeful it is not true.For now the Democrats in congress are acting out but the truth is that the Republicans in congress are no better than they are. They just are not showing it right now. Our government has taken most of the power from the people. The politicians in congress are all looking out for their own power and will do ANYTHING to keep it. We The People are looked down upon with fear and loathing from both sides of the isle. The game is to keep us all under control and to gradually take away our ability to resist their tyranny. It has gotten to where they spoon feed us all like we are children and only push so far as to stop just short of everyone finally catching on that the line of freedom is being encroached upon inch by inch. Don't be fooled, Republicans want to take our guns and means to resist just as bad as the rest of the elites in Washington. They are simply pandering to us so we continue to vote them into office. They will take away our rights as soon as the opening presents itself. Just like the Democrats. It is all about maintaining their power over us all.

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”