Happy Veterans Day 2019

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Happy Veterans Day 2019

Post by oljames3 »

To my fellow Vietnam Era Veterans; Welcome home.

To my fellow Cold Warriors; We did our job.

To all who have served and those now serving; Thank you.

To today's soldiers; Take care of our Army. She is all yours, now.

:tiphat:
:patriot: :txflag:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Happy Veterans Day 2019

Post by Grayling813 »

Hand salute! :patriot:

Thanks to all who have served and to those who are serving.

:patriot:

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Best wishes to my fellow brothers and sisters in arms.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

oohrah wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:08 am Best wishes to my fellow brothers and sisters in arms.
And belated Happy Birthday Marine!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Thank you to all who are serving and have served our country!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

The Commander in Chief Salutes You
https://townhall.com/columnists/peggygr ... u-n2556231
Yet amidst the sea of faces, there is one person among the thousands and thousands of attendees who stands out and catches the president’s eye. President Trump doesn’t know him or his story, but based on the hat he is wearing, our president knows he is a veteran — which makes him an American hero. Instead of just taking that one final step and exiting the arena, the president stops. He straightens and then salutes instinctively. He mouths the words, “thank you.” And with that, he is gone. The crowds collectively exhales — exhausted but exhilarated after all they have just witnessed and shared.

I turn my head to see who the man is that the President of the United States just saluted. I come face to face with Staff Sgt. Roy Hodges, who flew 34 combat missions as a gunner on a B-24 Liberator over Europe in WWII and is now 95 years old. As I thank him for his service, he quiets and asks if I happened to capture that moment on my phone — and thankfully I did. He asks if I will send it to him, which I happily do, as he tells me he has terminal cancer with only a few months to live. He wants to share this moment with his family, as it is one of the proudest of his life — to have been saluted and thanked personally by the Commander in Chief himself. He tries to control his emotions but they are at the surface by now, as are mine.

President Trump, without even knowing it, gave this man, among the last of the greatest generation, a meaningful and memorable send-off into the sunset of his remarkable life of sacrifice and service. As we speak, I think of all the other brave men and women who put themselves in harm’s way all around the world on behalf of our nation, and have no doubt the president would salute them all if he could. He sees them, applauds them, admires them, and acknowledges their bravery and heroism.

I hope not just on Veteran’s Day, but every day, that our brave men and women who serve at home and abroad feel the appreciation and support of a grateful nation, and take pride in knowing they have a Commander in Chief who salutes them.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I read an article the other day that had a great truth in it.

“Thanksgiving is a day we pause to tell God thank you for all we have. Veterans Day is a day that we pause and thank those who fought and died for us to have the things we have.”

DocV

Post by DocV »

oohrah wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:08 am Best wishes to my fellow brothers and sisters in arms.
Ditto! :patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”