UT Austin women create 4-in-1 defense tool. Price is $29.99.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

UT Austin women create 4-in-1 defense tool. Price is $29.99.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/ut-stu ... pus-safety

The above link has a video interview with 5 women from UT Austin. They felt unsafe and developed a defensive tool against threats.

This device has a flashlight, pepper spray, an alarm, all packaged in innovative plastic knuckles.

They have been developing it for a while, but had to wait until the September 1, 2019 lifting on the ban on brass knuckles. Or, in their case, plastic knuckles.

Hey, this isn't the standoff defensive weapon known as a handgun, but a female equipped with one of these + warrior spirit could put up a spirited defense of her honor.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: UT Austin women create 4-in-1 defense tool. Price is $29.99.

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Cool idea. As soon as they showed the device, I immediately thought, "hey, that’s 3-D printed!" Turns out I was right. I could make those on our printer here at home. Of course they’ve also already sourced the other parts—the light, the spray, and the alarm components—but I’m sort of surprised that nobody had thought of this until they did. I hope they sell a million of them.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”