Firearm auction

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Firearm auction

Post by jmorris »

Just saw this. New Braunfels

Burley Auction Gallery is proud to present the W.C. “Buddy” Bass firearm collection out of Homestead, Florida. Featuring over 600 historic, rare, & unusual firearms collected by Buddy Bass over the past 50+ years. His lifetime collection spans from rare Confederate Civil War rifles to the Lone Ranger Clayton Moore’s pair of Colt Bisleys & Bohlin gun belt, to rare Lugers, ring guns, Elvis Presley’s presentation engraved Smith & Wesson revolver, Steve McQueen’s custom engraved Colt SAA & hat, Sammy Davis Jr.’s Colt SAA & gun belt, Roy Roger’s guns, boots & hats, Gene Autry & Hopalong Cassidy’s Colts & more documented celebrity guns, screen used movie prop guns, impressive collection of Richmond Confederate Civil War rifles & muskets, rare Civil War revolvers, engraved Colts, cased presentation Colts, antique Winchesters, rare guns, baby Lugers, Martz Lugers, a large collection of antique pocket knives, old western movie posters, & much more. 15%BP TX#15184.

Please make plans to join us on Saturday, January 18th at 10:00 AM.

http://www.burleyauction.com/
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Firearm auction

Post by flechero »

I enjoyed looking through the catalog and reading the history of some that listed it. Several caught my eye, but none I could afford the opening bid on.

Thanks for posting

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

flechero wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:02 pm I enjoyed looking through the catalog and reading the history of some that listed it. Several caught my eye, but none I could afford the opening bid on.

Thanks for posting
:iagree: Nice collection

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

What are chances to win an auction at lower side of the estimate?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Many, many years ago I went to a firearm auction. I think it was the city of Pasadena, TX. All police confiscated guns. Anyway I did my walk through, wrote down 5 or 6 that I had interest in and then sat down with my blue book of guns (pre internet). Auction started and these people went bonkers. People got caught up in it all and were bidding at 10% over new prices for used guns and still had to pay the auction 5% premium.

Topic author
jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmorris »

Tex1961 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:53 am Many, many years ago I went to a firearm auction. I think it was the city of Pasadena, TX. All police confiscated guns. Anyway I did my walk through, wrote down 5 or 6 that I had interest in and then sat down with my blue book of guns (pre internet). Auction started and these people went bonkers. People got caught up in it all and were bidding at 10% over new prices for used guns and still had to pay the auction 5% premium.
Police auctions that include firearms are notorious for that. I've been to three and at each almost all the firearms went for more than they should have, a couple times more than new. People get caught up in the action, or decide that they're just going to have that.

Course, that's true for a lot of things I've seen sold at auction.

I'd think that this auction would be mostly serious collectors but then I imagine even they get the gotta have it bug.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Return to “Off-Topic”