No place but Massachusetts

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

No place but Massachusetts

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/massachusetts-ma ... 40584.html

Man tries to save a man from being mauled by two dogs, no guns in MA, so he uses his cross bow and kills him.

Arrested for having a unlicensed crossbow. ( no, I made that up )

The Annoyed Man

Re: No place but Massachusetts

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Worth noting that he killed the mauling VICTIM, not one of the dogs. How does that even happen? My guess is that, even if he had a gun, he’d have still probably shot the victim.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Imagine being attacked by two dogs, only to be shot with a crossbow by a passerby.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The investigation into the incident is ongoing, Harrington said. She added the neighbor is "distraught" over what happened and she doesn't anticipate criminal charges being filed against the neighbor.
Only in Mass., right? This part is really bugging me. It's, obviously, good for the Samaritan that tried to help, but no charges at all? Not even negligent homicide or whatever Mass. calls it? No repercussions for killing someone as a direct result of an action where they intended to kill something? That part is just blowing me away.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

C-dub wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:25 pm
The investigation into the incident is ongoing, Harrington said. She added the neighbor is "distraught" over what happened and she doesn't anticipate criminal charges being filed against the neighbor.
Only in Mass., right? This part is really bugging me. It's, obviously, good for the Samaritan that tried to help, but no charges at all? Not even negligent homicide or whatever Mass. calls it? No repercussions for killing someone as a direct result of an action where they intended to kill something? That part is just blowing me away.
I am thinking the same as you. It may not be over just yet. They could still decide to file formal charges. I am willing to bet the surviving family members will be filing a big old fat law suite.

Return to “Off-Topic”