Dallas Ordering New Tough Restrictions

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ELB
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Dallas Ordering New Tough Restrictions

Post by ELB »

powerboatr wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:03 pm
jmorris wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:20 pm
joe817 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:21 pm What's next? Curfew for all citizens? Bringing out the National Guard to enforce that curfew? Hmmmm......

Almost sounds like martial law, doesn't it?
"Officials in six San Francisco Bay Area counties issued a sweeping shelter-in-place mandate Monday affecting nearly 7 million people, ordering residents to stay at home and go outside only for food, medicine and outings that are absolutely essential."

ABC News: San Francisco Bay Area counties issue shelter-in-place order - ABC ....
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory ... e-69627648
and all the street sleepers must stay in their tents :biggrinjester:
Yeah, like the street sleepers are going to obey the law. I'll bet it's against San Fran policy for the police to "harass" them. With all the law-abidin' folks sequestered at home and the homeless camped out in every nook and cranny, and the mentally ill wandering the streets defecating everywhere, it would be easy to shoot a re-make of "The Omega Man". You'd only need the lead actor and that filming technique where the cameraman just follows the actor everywhere.
USAF 1982-2005

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Anybody here old enough to remember what life was like before the Patriot Act?

Was it rescinded when Al Qaeda was defeated in Iraq and Afghanistan? How about after ISIS was defeated? Will it EVER be rescinded? Will gov’t EVER stop finding reasons to implement its provisions/restrictions? Will there ever NOT be an ongoing justification for the existence of the DHS; for the NSA spying on ALL Americans; etc., etc.?

There are some important principles at work here.....

1. Once liberty has been curtailed in the name of safety, it is never regained without violence.

2. The justifications for curtailing liberty in the name of safety ALWAYS arise out of a crisis made worse by the social autism of people who refuse to self-modify their behaviors in order to mitigate the crisis at hand.

3. By individually agreeing to modify certain of our behaviors in socially responsible ways for a temporary period of time until the crisis passes—thereby removing the opportunity for statism to override liberty—liberty can be protected from state-imposed "safety" measures that, one enacted, will become permanent impositions.

4. The degree to which the federal and various state and local gov’ts are imposing on individual liberty is directly proportional to the percentage of the population who are socially autistic and therefore unable (or more likely unwilling, from a lack of humility) to temporarily modify their own behaviors according to the crisis at hand.

5. Defend your liberty by any and all means. Sometimes, that means the exercise of two things: wisdom, and the long term view.

That’s my 5¢.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

ELB wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:50 am
joe817 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:21 pm What's next? Curfew for all citizens? Bringing out the National Guard to enforce that curfew? Hmmmm......

"Officials in six San Francisco Bay Area counties issued a sweeping shelter-in-place mandate Monday affecting nearly 7 million people, ordering residents to stay at home and go outside only for food, medicine and outings that are absolutely essential."

ABC News: San Francisco Bay Area counties issue shelter-in-place order - ABC ....
Yeah, like the street sleepers are going to obey the law. I'll bet it's against San Fran policy for the police to "harass" them. With all the law-abidin' folks sequestered at home and the homeless camped out in every nook and cranny, and the mentally ill wandering the streets defecating everywhere, it would be easy to shoot a re-make of "The Omega Man". You'd only need the lead actor and that filming technique where the cameraman just follows the actor everywhere.
yep exactly what i was hinting at. i think more panic than facts I have spoken to a few that recovered and they had a rough few days with high fever, but pushed through without a hospital ventilator. i am sure older person by the nature of age and those with lung problems will take it harder, just like all the other viruses that like lungs.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:25 am Anybody here old enough to remember what life was like before the Patriot Act?

Was it rescinded when Al Qaeda was defeated in Iraq and Afghanistan? How about after ISIS was defeated? Will it EVER be rescinded? Will gov’t EVER stop finding reasons to implement its provisions/restrictions? Will there ever NOT be an ongoing justification for the existence of the DHS; for the NSA spying on ALL Americans; etc., etc.?

1. Once liberty has been curtailed in the name of safety, it is never regained without violence.

2. The justifications for curtailing liberty in the name of safety ALWAYS arise out of a crisis made worse by the social autism of people who refuse to self-modify their behaviors in order to mitigate the crisis at hand.

3. By individually agreeing to modify certain of our behaviors in socially responsible ways for a temporary period of time until the crisis passes—thereby removing the opportunity for statism to override liberty—liberty can be protected from state-imposed "safety" measures that, one enacted, will become permanent impositions.

4. The degree to which the federal and various state and local gov’ts are imposing on individual liberty is directly proportional to the percentage of the population who are socially autistic and therefore unable (or more likely unwilling, from a lack of humility) to temporarily modify their own behaviors according to the crisis at hand.

5. Defend your liberty by any and all means. Sometimes, that means the exercise of two things: wisdom, and the long term view.

That’s my 5¢.
:iagree: . so far in our neck of the woods we are still a small normal. with exception of TP and bread.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

ELB wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:50 am

The order enacted in San Francisco specifically exempts homeless people.
NRA Endowment Member

jason812
Posts in topic: 6

Post by jason812 »

Waco just announced the same restrictions. I won't be surprised when Gatesville and or Coryell county does the same. Seems all of government is the same no matter what level.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:25 am Anybody here old enough to remember what life was like before the Patriot Act?

That’s my 5¢.
And so it begins....

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/t ... ronavirus/
WASHINGTON – The U.S. government is in active talks with Facebook, Google and a wide array of tech companies and health experts about how they can use data gleaned from Americans’ phones to combat the novel coronavirus, including tracking whether people are keeping one another at safe distances to stem the outbreak.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

carlson1
Posts in topic: 8

Post by carlson1 »

They called up the National Guard tonight.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by K.Mooneyham »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:57 pm

Source? As someone working for the Federal government on a military installation, and who knows some National Guardsmen, I'm curious because I haven't seen or heard that one yet.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:04 am
carlson1 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:57 pm

Source? As someone working for the Federal government on a military installation, and who knows some National Guardsmen, I'm curious because I haven't seen or heard that one yet.
Govt. Abbott on Fox4 news tonight. Just a quick Google search and there are several sources.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dfw.cbsloc ... guard/amp/

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Does anyone here know personally someone that has died form the C-19 virus???

Know anyone personally that has it???

Wrong place. Mods can delete if desired. I am getting it where i should have put it. :banghead: :banghead:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

longtooth wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:27 am Does anyone here know personally someone that has died form the C-19 virus???

Wrong place. Mods can delete if desired. I am getting it where i should have put it. :banghead: :banghead:
I don’t know anyone my friend. I lost a two friends to the flu last year. It wouldn’t surprise me if Dallas didn’t command you get a flu shot that you have no ideal what you are getting.

I want to say this also because I do not want people to think I am not taking this virus serious. I look at this virus as do all virus’. If you are sick stay home. If you are older or if you have a weak immune system and you don’t feel comfortable going out then don’t go. I don’t think it is right for anyone to look down on you and the choices you have made for you, your family, etc... I just don’t think anyone has the right to ORDER me to stay home.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

carlson1 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:18 am
longtooth wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:27 am Does anyone here know personally someone that has died form the C-19 virus???

I don’t know anyone my friend. I lost a two friends to the flu last year. It wouldn’t surprise me if Dallas didn’t command you get a flu shot that you have no ideal what you are getting.

I want to say this also because I do not want people to think I am not taking this virus serious. I look at this virus as do all virus’. If you are sick stay home. If you are older or if you have a weak immune system and you don’t feel comfortable going out then don’t go. I don’t think it is right for anyone to look down on you and the choices you have made for you, your family, etc... I just don’t think anyone has the right to ORDER me to stay home.
Me too my brother.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I can confirm the Chicom virus is in Dallas.

worldometers shows that as of today in Italy 2,503 have died while only 2,941 of the sick have recovered. That should be a shocking fatality rate to anyone. The Italians are telling everyone outside of Italy to stay home. I believe them.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

There was one of my masonic brothers that passed Monday due to C-19. However, he was 90 yo.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Off-Topic”