Tarrant County takes it to a new level

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 4

Tarrant County takes it to a new level

Post by chasfm11 »

I picked this up on Facebook this morning. My first reaction was: are you kidding me?

http://www.tarrantcounty.com/content/da ... LA3nvdig7E
This Declaration authorizes the County to commandeer or use any private property as provided by law.
- when is the confiscation of private property provided in any law at any level of government?

- what does taking someone's property have to do with helping to control the spread of CoVid 19?

- It is fortunate for the residents of this county that King Whitley will not be seeking another term. In my opinion, he has had this same mentality since I first had to deal with him over the expansion of Cheek-Sparger Rd in Colleyville in the early 1990s.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
chasfm11

Re: Tarrant County takes it to a new level

Post by chasfm11 »

Dum Spiro, Spero

OneGun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OneGun »

chasfm11 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:34 am I picked this up on Facebook this morning. My first reaction was: are you kidding me?

http://www.tarrantcounty.com/content/da ... LA3nvdig7E
This Declaration authorizes the County to commandeer or use any private property as provided by law.
- when is the confiscation of private property provided in any law at any level of government?

- what does taking someone's property have to do with helping to control the spread of CoVid 19?

- It is fortunate for the residents of this county that King Whitley will not be seeking another term. In my opinion, he has had this same mentality since I first had to deal with him over the expansion of Cheek-Sparger Rd in Colleyville in the early 1990s.
The Declaration is only in effect for 7 days. I don't like the taking of property, but it appears to have a 7 day shelf life.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

Absolute idiocy. :mad5
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Maybe if the declaration had provided more detail on what kind of private property and for what purpose, I'd have a less negative reaction. Like if they needed my truck to transport medicals supplies to a hospital. I'd say yes and and offer to drive it myself.

Context is everything and the lack is disturbing.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

OneGun wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:54 am Maybe if the declaration had provided more detail on what kind of private property and for what purpose, I'd have a less negative reaction. Like if they needed my truck to transport medicals supplies to a hospital. I'd say yes and and offer to drive it myself.

Context is everything and the lack is disturbing.
:iagree: One of the more interesting questions is: who will make that determination? Will it be done on the fly by the animal control person? Obviously, someone in the bureaucracy determined that they needed/wanted that tremendous power. Who and why?

I'm more than a little antsy about such things. I lived in Tarrant/Colleyville. I bought a house there based on the master plan. A couple of years after my purchase, Colleyville passed a "minute order" which, we were told, gave the power to the State of Texas/TxDOT to build a 6 lane highway about 150 feet from my front door. When you looked at the minute order, it didn't say anything about any of that. So the residents got up in arms, hired a lawyer and unraveled what was a litany of lies about what was to happen. A compromise was reached for a 4 line road, only to be abrogated by TxDOT who would "build the road that we needed." Only years afterward did we learn that the catalyst was a developer who wanted to build a regional mall at Cheek-Sparger/121. Tarrant County politics, probably not unlike the politics in most areas doesn't seem to come close to transparency. Given the propensity of politicians to seize a moment, it seems worthwhile to ask questions and be skeptical. You will notice that this is the Second Amendment (how ironic) to the Tarrant County EO. What will limit the 7 days from be coming 30 or 180 days? And since they are ready to apply jail and fines to enforce their will, it would seem prudent to wonder what is really happening. I've followed several other items through the Tarrant County process over the past year. Sherrif Bil Waybourn spoke to my group about one of those items in which Judge Whitley was directly involved. It turned out OK because the public put a lot of pressure on Mr. Whitley.

One could say that I should mind my own business since I don't currently live in Tarrant. But I see a one-upsmanship going on among the county leadership, ranging from Dallas to Harris. I don't want my county doing a copy-cat enactment of things like this.
Dum Spiro, Spero

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grayling813 »

Idiocy is defined by releasing prisoners from jail and threatening law abiding citizens with jail for not complying with non-Constitutional orders.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Well, the properties I’m looking at are in East Oklahoma and western Arkansas. I live in Tarrant county, and I love Texas, but if it goes fascist, I’m leaving. I already left one state for becoming totalitarian.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:30 pm Well, the properties I’m looking at are in East Oklahoma and western Arkansas. I live in Tarrant county, and I love Texas, but if it goes fascist, I’m leaving. I already left one state for becoming totalitarian.
:iagree:

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:30 pm Well, the properties I’m looking at are in East Oklahoma and western Arkansas. I live in Tarrant county, and I love Texas, but if it goes fascist, I’m leaving. I already left one state for becoming totalitarian.
TAM: used to spend a LOT of time in SE OK, Clayton was the start / base of most of our offroading adventures. VERY beautiful country...but the whole area is a cesspool of meth/weed...from producing/growing/cooking to people that get caught up in it. If you plan on living back in the sticks - well, you had better be more armed there than you need to be in Dallas...it's wierd/crazy back there. We probably saw a lot of things we weren't supposed to...as our Jeeps could pretty much go anywhere...we were always in groups and always well armed. :tiphat:

https://www.5newsonline.com/article/new ... 4c2fc7be51

From the article:
"It is troubling that in Clayton, Okla., today, we arrested approximately five percent of the entire town population," said Darrell Weaver, the narcotics bureau director.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

And Tarrant County just issued the stay at home order starting at midnight tonight:

https://www.fox4news.com/news/tarrant-c ... l-business
Ron
NRA Member

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

PUCKER wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:24 am
TAM: used to spend a LOT of time in SE OK, Clayton was the start / base of most of our offroading adventures. VERY beautiful country...but the whole area is a cesspool of meth/weed...from producing/growing/cooking to people that get caught up in it. If you plan on living back in the sticks - well, you had better be more armed there than you need to be in Dallas...it's wierd/crazy back there. We probably saw a lot of things we weren't supposed to...as our Jeeps could pretty much go anywhere...we were always in groups and always well armed. :tiphat:

From the article:
"It is troubling that in Clayton, Okla., today, we arrested approximately five percent of the entire town population," said Darrell Weaver, the narcotics bureau director.
Funny, I never heard of potheads no-knock raiding their neighbors house in the dead of night, or trying to take away other people's rights.

I would rather live near that type than the Beto-Voting Karen Soccer Moms that are taking over DFW.

My .02cents

Topic author
chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I don't have a link but there is a suggestion that the personal property take-over was intended for use in creating additional hospital space. The political leadership is said to understand that in spite of all of the shelter in place orders, the current hospital facilities will be overwhelmed. They are not releasing that information for fear of creating even more wide-spread panic than is already being exhibited at the grocery stores. Things are bad when dishwasher soap has gone into short supply.
Dum Spiro, Spero

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

chasfm11 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 am I don't have a link but there is a suggestion that the personal property take-over was intended for use in creating additional hospital space. The political leadership is said to understand that in spite of all of the shelter in place orders, the current hospital facilities will be overwhelmed. They are not releasing that information for fear of creating even more wide-spread panic than is already being exhibited at the grocery stores. Things are bad when dishwasher soap has gone into short supply.
There's lots of unused indoor space in AT&T Stadium, as well as other unused indoor sports venues. And Jerry Jones can afford to let it be used.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:39 pm
PUCKER wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:24 am

From the article:
Funny, I never heard of potheads no-knock raiding their neighbors house in the dead of night, or trying to take away other people's rights.

I would rather live near that type than the Beto-Voting Karen Soccer Moms that are taking over DFW.

My .02cents
It's really about the growers/cookers taking away your right to live, than anything else - speaking of the Clayton area. A wrong turn on a trail can lead to fatal consequences. :tiphat:

Return to “Off-Topic”