WOW Laredo

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bobby
Posts in topic: 1

WOW Laredo

Post by bobby »

:txflag:

Beiruty

Re: WOW Laredo

Post by Beiruty »

I do not leave the house without a mask
I stay away 6-ft away from anyone
All deliveries to the home are disinfected
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Wow! Webb County only has 65 cases as of noon today. They are serious about this thing.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/ops ... b9cafc8b83

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:36 pm
Wow! Webb County only has 65 cases as of noon today. They are serious about this thing.

65 Cases reported as of 8:00 PM yesterday, updated by the state as of noon today.

03Lightningrocks

Papa_Tiger wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:40 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:36 pm

65 Cases reported as of 8:00 PM yesterday, updated by the state as of noon today.
Total confirmed cases across Texas went up by 500 since last nights update. Harris county now approaching 1000 cases.
55754 people have been tested across Texas. I bet the amount who have it is much higher than we know. 55754 tested is nothing compared to the total Texas population.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Spike likely due to increase in the testing kits and lower turnaround time. Many of us might have already had this sometime between 10/2019 and before this came on the radar.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

LDP wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:21 pm
parabelum wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:21 pm Spike likely due to increase in the testing kits and lower turnaround time. Many of us might have already had this sometime between 10/2019 and before this came on the radar.
Agreed. Lots of discrepancies in the data due to sampling disruptions. That makes any trends in data invalid.
People don't understand it and use it for the wrong cause. SMH
Welcome to climate change! :biggrinjester:
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I suppose they are asking people to wear masks to minimize the infected infecting others. Over and over they’ve said that masks will not keep you from getting it, only from spreading it.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Sad that they try to force you to wear a product that common consumers cannot get.
I was fortunate enough to have ordered some for my wife in late January and received them late February. Due to the long ship time I decided to order an additional 10 since she is susceptible to flu and pneumonia.
The second order was received March 16. I guess it’s a good thing she can’t go out.
So how can they force you to use something you cannot get?
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

RPBrown wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:42 am Sad that they try to force you to wear a product that common consumers cannot get.
I was fortunate enough to have ordered some for my wife in late January and received them late February. Due to the long ship time I decided to order an additional 10 since she is susceptible to flu and pneumonia.
The second order was received March 16. I guess it’s a good thing she can’t go out.
So how can they force you to use something you cannot get?
You can make them at home. There are a lot of people who sow! They aren’t N95 but it stops (slows down) an asymptomatic person from infecting others.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

FrogFan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by FrogFan »

I'm struggling to understand how an asymptomatic person infects others, and how wearing a "mask" stops it.

03Lightningrocks

FrogFan wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:50 am I'm struggling to understand how an asymptomatic person infects others, and how wearing a "mask" stops it.
The idea being that when a person coughs, sneezes or even talks, sputum flies into the air. A mask stops this sputum. It has been found that asymptomatic people can spread the virus, even though they show no signs of having it. This is one of the reasons it spreads so much.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Post by srothstein »

FrogFan wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:50 am I'm struggling to understand how an asymptomatic person infects others, and how wearing a "mask" stops it.
The problem appears to be that it takes several days for you to start showing symptoms after you catch the virus, and some people never do. Best historical example I can think of is Typhoid Mary. She had typhoid but never showed any symptoms. She is blamed for infecting 51 people directly. So I believe them when they say someone who is currently asymptomatic could be infecting people.

The concept of wearing a mask to not infect others is based on the belief that the disease spreads most commonly by the virus being carried in water drops when an infected person exhales, sneezes, or coughs. After a few feet, the water droplets evaporate or break up, leaving the virus exposed to be picked up by someone else. The cloth mask will catch most of these water droplets before they get far enough to evaporate and leave the virus exposed. It means the mask itself gets contaminated and should be trashed or disinfected.
Steve Rothstein

03Lightningrocks

srothstein wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:50 pm
The problem appears to be that it takes several days for you to start showing symptoms after you catch the virus, and some people never do. Best historical example I can think of is Typhoid Mary. She had typhoid but never showed any symptoms. She is blamed for infecting 51 people directly. So I believe them when they say someone who is currently asymptomatic could be infecting people.

The concept of wearing a mask to not infect others is based on the belief that the disease spreads most commonly by the virus being carried in water drops when an infected person exhales, sneezes, or coughs. After a few feet, the water droplets evaporate or break up, leaving the virus exposed to be picked up by someone else. The cloth mask will catch most of these water droplets before they get far enough to evaporate and leave the virus exposed. It means the mask itself gets contaminated and should be trashed or disinfected.
I thought that was what I said. Do you have me on ignore?
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:36 pm
The idea being that when a person coughs, sneezes or even talks, sputum flies into the air. A mask stops this sputum. It has been found that asymptomatic people can spread the virus, even though they show no signs of having it. This is one of the reasons it spreads so much.

Return to “Off-Topic”