Corona Virus Tryant Marquette Co Wisconsin

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Corona Virus Tryant Marquette Co Wisconsin

Post by puma guy »

It's my opinion that many politicians and law enforcement have been using the Constitution as a substitute for toilet paper, but this guy, Sheriff Joseph Konrath, takes the cake. Has nothing to do with protecting the public from the disease. He threatens to arrest a 16 year old girl and taking her to jail for posting about her ordeal about most likely being infected with Covid-19. He's being sued personally by Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty for 1st Amendment violations. I won't post his political affiliation. There is a link in the website to read the demand letter, which is worth reading. I sent a comment to his department demanding him to retire or be fired immediately.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/17/sheriff-t ... PJg_4m6dE
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

C-dub

Re: Corona Virus Tryant Marquette Co Wisconsin

Post by C-dub »

I read about this a little while back and while it seems crazy at first it may boil down to the school trying to keep the girl from causing a panic over something that isn't confirmed. Kinda like the whole "yelling fire in a crowded theater thing."
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

seph
Posts in topic: 1

Post by seph »

C-dub wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:28 pm I read about this a little while back and while it seems crazy at first it may boil down to the school trying to keep the girl from causing a panic over something that isn't confirmed. Kinda like the whole "yelling fire in a crowded theater thing."
But she was told by her doctors that she probably have / had the China flu and had papers from the doctor stating as such. So, a complete overreach from the school as they could have replied back to her mom when she let voice messages at the school informing them of what the doctor said. Time for that sheriff, deputy, and school admins to be shown the door.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

At work so I can't do the propper youtube link, but search youtube for the lehto's law channel, then look for his video about theatening to arresting a family over an instagram post. He goes over the actual complaint the family's attorney filed.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

C-dub wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:28 pm I read about this a little while back and while it seems crazy at first it may boil down to the school trying to keep the girl from causing a panic over something that isn't confirmed. Kinda like the whole "yelling fire in a crowded theater thing."
Sometimes there is a legitimate reason to cause panic. Panic sometimes is better than doing nothing. The police have no right to keep truth away from the students and their family.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I'm open to other reasons why they would be doing this if they really are. Any ideas? The department has denied that they would arrest and that they even threatened to arrest anyone. At this time it is one person's word against another. We all know the truth usually lies somewhere in between.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

So is yelling fire in a crowded theater illegal if there really is a fire. Yes rhetorical question.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

According to Steve Lehto, the complaint the family's attorney filed has a police report attached stating the threat of arrest was made. Looks like a case where someone at the school asked their buddy the Sherrif to make the post go away so he sent a deputy to make it happen.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

G.A. Heath wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:34 am According to Steve Lehto, the complaint the family's attorney filed has a police report attached stating the threat of arrest was made. Looks like a case where someone at the school asked their buddy the Sherrif to make the post go away so he sent a deputy to make it happen.
His narrative pretty much parrots what the first post contained and the link to WILL's demand letter. It's as simple as 123. Just like Lehto I was struck by how straight forward the complaint is. In my mind all the law enforcement officials involved should be fired after they lose in court. I think some action should be taken against the school officials was well. They are of the same ilk as those who declare a slice of bread with one quarter removed is a gun. I'm glad the parents acted quickly to out the individuals involved.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

puma guy wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:50 pm
G.A. Heath wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:34 am According to Steve Lehto, the complaint the family's attorney filed has a police report attached stating the threat of arrest was made. Looks like a case where someone at the school asked their buddy the Sherrif to make the post go away so he sent a deputy to make it happen.
His narrative pretty much parrots what the first post contained and the link to WILL's demand letter. It's as simple as 123. Just like Lehto I was struck by how straight forward the complaint is. In my mind all the law enforcement officials involved should be fired after they lose in court. I think some action should be taken against the school officials was well. They are of the same ilk as those who declare a slice of bread with one quarter removed is a gun. I'm glad the parents acted quickly to out the individuals involved.
:iagree:

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

I liked his comment - you CAN yell fire in a crowded theatre - if there's a fire!
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

mcscanner

Post by mcscanner »

Viva Frei on YouTube does a short commentary on this subject. Followed with a live stream with Robert Barnes who knows WI well as he graduated, worked and has several law actions pending there. His opinion is nothing new for WI.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

These nutbags have to be sued personally, even if they have no assets. No official indemnification.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Return to “Off-Topic”