Elon Musk

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Elon Musk

Post by philip964 »

Rafe wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:54 pm Well, this sorta sounds like something out of an apocalyptic sci-fi movie...

Geomagnetic storm causes SpaceX's newest fleet of satellites to tumble out of orbit, burn up
https://abc13.com/spacex-starlink-satel ... /11548537/

February 9, 2022
Up to 40 of the 49 small satellites launched last week have either reentered the atmosphere and burned up, or are on the verge of doing so, the company said in an online update Tuesday night.

SpaceX said a geomagnetic storm last Friday made the atmosphere denser, which increased the drag on the Starlink satellites, effectively dooming them....

SpaceX still has close to 2,000 Starlink satellites orbiting Earth and providing internet service to remote corners of the world. They circle the globe more than 340 miles up (550 kilometers).... Each satellite weighs less than 575 pounds (260 kilograms).
The lefties really hate him. I guess because he is rich? They don't even like his electric cars. Greenies think we shouldn't have cars either and take public transportation.

My astronomer buddies don't like his satellites as they tend to photo bomb their pictures.

LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LTUME1978 »

They don't even like his electric cars. Greenies think we shouldn't have cars either and take public transportation.

I have seen the model you mentioned in my two visits to Europe (Amsterdam and souther Germany - both business trips). Everyone but the elite wealthy ride bicycles (rain, snow, heat, cold). The elite wealthy drive big BMWs and big Audis that they use to blow the doors off of the lowly rental cars that us peasants from the US are driving on the autobahn. The plus too that is all those bicycle riders are very fit (ladies have great looking legs - my sexist comment for the month :cool: ).

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2022/12/05/jean-pier ... top-story/

The White House in its least subtle comment yet, says it’s “not healthy” for Musk to release internal Twitter files on the banning of stories about the Hunter Laptop.

In other news Musk says he is concerned he will be assassinated.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.theverge.com/2023/8/24/2384 ... rimination

Elon Musk and Space X sued by department of justice for refusing to hire illegals.

Upside down world again.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

philip964 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:32 pm https://www.theverge.com/2023/8/24/2384 ... rimination

Elon Musk and Space X sued by department of justice for refusing to hire illegals.

Upside down world again.
crAZY IS RIGHT
all gov contractors are forbidden from hiring non citizens for space contracts??? and 99% of all other contracts...its in the BID proposals
somebody is wasting money
what the heck nancy
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Rafe
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Rafe »

I'm not gonna go read the DOJ lawsuit, but something just doesn't smell right. In their binding agreements with contractors, NASA typically includes a boatload of "Clauses Incorporated by Reference" from the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR; https://www.acquisition.gov/far/. One of those is always Number 52.222-54, Employment Eligibility Verification. This mandates the use of the federal E-Verify system, and E-Verify requires a Social Security Number, and requires a suitable form of personal identification, like a driver's license, a state or federal ID card that includes a photo, or a U.S. military card or service record.

So I guess the line the DOJ is drawing is that SpaceX set the bar at a green card? Because, correct me if I'm wrong, noncitizens are only eligible for a Social Security card if they are specifically authorized to work in the U.S. by the Department of Homeland Security: https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10096.pdf.
You need to prove your identity and work-authorized immigration status.

To prove your identity and work-authorized immigration status, show us your current U.S. immigration documents and your unexpired foreign passport. Acceptable immigration documents include your:

• Form I-551 (Lawful Permanent Resident Card, Machine-Readable Immigrant Visa).
• Form I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record).
• Form I-766 (Employment Authorization Document/EAD).
• Admission stamp showing a class of admission permitting work.
How many undocumented border-crossing quote/unquote refugees and asylum seekers can get Social Security cards? :headscratch
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Mel

Post by Mel »

Rafe wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:16 pm I'm not gonna go read the DOJ lawsuit, but something just doesn't smell right. In their binding agreements with contractors, NASA typically includes a boatload of "Clauses Incorporated by Reference" from the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR; https://www.acquisition.gov/far/. One of those is always Number 52.222-54, Employment Eligibility Verification. This mandates the use of the federal E-Verify system, and E-Verify requires a Social Security Number, and requires a suitable form of personal identification, like a driver's license, a state or federal ID card that includes a photo, or a U.S. military card or service record.
So I guess the line the DOJ is drawing is that SpaceX set the bar at a green card? Because, correct me if I'm wrong, noncitizens are only eligible for a Social Security card if they are specifically authorized to work in the U.S. by the Department of Homeland Security: https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10096.pdf.
You need to prove your identity and work-authorized immigration status.
To prove your identity and work-authorized immigration status, show us your current U.S. immigration documents and your unexpired foreign passport. Acceptable immigration documents include your:
• Form I-551 (Lawful Permanent Resident Card, Machine-Readable Immigrant Visa).
• Form I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record).
• Form I-766 (Employment Authorization Document/EAD).
• Admission stamp showing a class of admission permitting work.
How many undocumented border-crossing quote/unquote refugees and asylum seekers can get Social Security cards? :headscratch
The ones who promise to vote Democrat!
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Hey, if Illinois can hire illegals to be cops, Elon should be able to hire them to work on top secret spy satellites.
https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/21/blue ... mmigrants/

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

While I think the suit is garbage because being a refugee is not a protected class, there are two points to consider that may make it not quite as laughable. The first point is that asylum seekers and refugees are not illegal aliens and may be authorized to work in the US. According to the Immigration Service web page, asylum seekers can get permission to work after a total of 180 days waiting for the petition to be heard. And it is immediate if they are granted asylum. The second is that this was a basic hiring policy for any job at Space X, not just for jobs related to government contracts.

As I said, I think the policy is legal because being an asylum seeker or a refugee is not a protected class. National origin is a protected class, but this mentioned nothing about where they came from, just how they came to be in the US. I think Musk made a good decision.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... son-sounds

Elon Musk asked Zelenskyy about a jailed and tortured American citizen and journalist being held by Ukraine, if he is still alive.

Apparently said something counter to Ukraine’s official position about a massacre.

Tucker Carlson talked about this guy and sending Ukraine 100 billion dollars while they are holding him.

Seems Elon is doing a better job than Brandon.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:31 pm https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... son-sounds

Elon Musk asked Zelenskyy about a jailed and tortured American citizen and journalist being held by Ukraine, if he is still alive.

Apparently said something counter to Ukraine’s official position about a massacre.

Tucker Carlson talked about this guy and sending Ukraine 100 billion dollars while they are holding him.

Seems Elon is doing a better job than Brandon.
Gonzalo Lira said a lot of things Zelensky didn't want to get out, like when Ukraine started handing out AK-47's to everyone the criminals were first in line and put them to use immediately in their criminal enterprises. I'm sure guys like Gonzalo Lira have Zelensky rethinking his illegitimate order not to let men leave Ukraine. I think that was what really ticked off Gonzalo Lira originally. Zelensky needed cannon fodder and had to stop the men from escaping death and dismemberment.

The average age of Ukrainian soldier is older than 40 as the country grapples with personnel problems
That average is up by nearly 10 years from March 2022, one month after the war began, when the average age of a Ukrainian soldier was between 30 and 35 years old
Ukraine does not release the number of deaths or injuries among its troops, but Western officials said in August the war's total casualty (killed and injured) toll was nearing 500,000.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Rafe
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:31 pm Seems Elon is doing a better job than Brandon.
A goldfish could do a better job than Brandon.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

Rafe wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:10 pm A goldfish could do a better job than Brandon.
A dead goldfish could do a better job than Brandon.

Return to “Off-Topic”