Elon Musk

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ELB
Posts in topic: 18

Re: Elon Musk

Post by ELB »

LDP wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:05 pm The top two contenders for the title are Austin, TX and Tulsa, OK.
I hear that Tulsa can be very beautiful in the spring!
We don't need more Commiefornians moving to our great state to destroy it physically and politically.
Oh no. I want Elon's factory here. In pretty much his own words he has been red-pilled, and I want him on Texas's side when he arms his missiles with nukes.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 12

Post by philip964 »

https://www.autonews.com/executives/tes ... -key-plant

Sues CA county to restart his factory.

Sounds pretty red pill to me.

ELB

Post by ELB »

More Elon:

SpaceX drops plans for Port of Los Angeles facility again
The decision to once again terminate the port lease, along with an earlier decision to halt Starship work in Florida, makes South Texas the hub of Starship production work.

Also, about the recent launch of American astronauts from America for first time in about 10 years:
Musk was referring to an April 2014 barb by Dimitry Rogozin, who at the time was Russia's deputy prime minister. Today, Rogozin is the chief of Russia's space agency, Roscosmos.

...Rogozin was irked back then by sanctions imposed by the United States in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Some of those sanctions targeted the Russian space industry (as well as individuals, including Rogozin), ...

"After analyzing the sanctions against our space industry, I suggest to the USA to bring their astronauts to the International Space Station using a trampoline," Rogozin said via Twitter at the time.
After the Dragon manned spaceship launched successfully, Elon announced:

"The trampoline is working!"
https://www.space.com/elon-musk-spacex- ... ained.html
USAF 1982-2005

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grayling813 »

How successful would Musk be without US taxpayers helping to pay his bills?

ELB

Post by ELB »

I dunno. Not sure how many private investors would put $$$ into the types of projects he has tackled.

The government wanted a way to get back into space, Elon's space company won a contract to do it, and did it much cheaper than either the Russians or Boeing or NASA or anybody else. Good on him for that. We were subsidizing the Russians big time. The reason the Boca Chica facility is in Boca Chica is because Texas gave him a big tax break to build there, but the Texas offers tax breaks to other businesses to get them to relocate here. Elon's spacecraft are flying well ahead of the bigger competitors like SLS, and they will outclass the Soyuz in payload and responsivieness.

The government essentially created the electric vehicle market out of unicorn farts and subsidies, and Elon's Tesla company has sold the most EVs of anyone. 2019 was the last year that individuals could get an income tax break for buying an EV, and that break was reduced considerably (about $1800 versus the $7500 in earlier years) for Teslas, and yet he sold more Teslas in 2019 than the previous two years combined - and more EVs than anyone else. By comparison the Nissan Leaf and the Chevy Bolt appear to be flops. The Covid fiasco surely did not do his business any good, but given that his cars are still in the high end customer category, maybe sales will not be damaged as much as if he were trying to sell econoboxes.

So yes he goes for the government-subsidized long shot projects...and he tends to make them work, which is a nice change from pretty much all the rest of the "green" and non-green government subsidies during the Obama administration that served largely to transfer money to Dem donors but failed to produce anything of merit.
USAF 1982-2005

Rafe
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Rafe »

ELB wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:56 am "The trampoline is working!"
https://www.space.com/elon-musk-spacex- ... ained.html
Hah! I missed that one!
SpaceX Chief Executive Elon Musk tweeted an aerial photo of that “Starship Production Complex” June 6, a cluster of buildings just down the road from a test site at Boca Chica Beach.
Hello, hub of SpaceX Starship production work. Welcome to Texas!
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Elon Musk’s mother.

Now I’m convinced he is a super villain.
Attachments
DDD82A62-5380-41B2-B6FB-8A17156927A3.jpeg
A0BD03F9-3C6D-41D9-A98D-66BEB286415D.jpeg
9898EE2B-12A2-4FAE-B6DC-BA6CB20B8885.jpeg

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.statesman.com/business/2020 ... tives-deal

Travis County considering Tesla incentives.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Rafe »

Elon Musk invites users to test Starlink space internet

"The SpaceX CEO now has 500 satellites orbiting earth, and is primed for internet broadband trials this summer."

https://decrypt.co/33080/elon-musk-invi ... e-internet
An invitation to sign up for Starlink updates was published on the startup’s website. Users sign up with an email address and zip code, and are told Starlink will begin beta-testing this summer in the Northern hemisphere. The company promises to notify everyone with the right zip code if trials are going on in their area.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

saw that tesla was looking hard at austin if tax incentives work out...WHY AUSTIN no body there want s to work. we are constantly asked for money when we visit... how about coming to east texas
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

ELB

Post by ELB »

USAF 1982-2005

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Post by parabelum »

I want to see UFC match, Cuban vs. Musk!

ELB

Post by ELB »

SpaceX launched a Falcon 9 rocket Sunday that was historic for two reasons
The company required seven years to go from its first to its tenth launch. In seven more years SpaceX has gone from its 10th launch to its 100th.
And he can put as many as 100 satellites into orbit with a single launch.

Amazing stuff, especially if you remember the early days.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

ELB wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:09 pm SpaceX launched a Falcon 9 rocket Sunday that was historic for two reasons
The company required seven years to go from its first to its tenth launch. In seven more years SpaceX has gone from its 10th launch to its 100th.
And he can put as many as 100 satellites into orbit with a single launch.

Amazing stuff, especially if you remember the early days.
Amateur And professional astronomers are terrified.

So when he smoked grass on a live radio show, I caved and sold the 2 shares I had of his Tesla stock at a small loss. It was around $250 a share about 2 years ago. I noticed before the split today it reached $2500 a share, $510 after split in after hours trading.

This is a company that make maybe 400,000 cars a year, and loses money except for subsidies. Toyota makes 10,000,000 cars a year.

uthornsfan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by uthornsfan »

It isn't about the cars.

Name one other guy or company innovating as much as Musk and Tesla/SpaceX....

This isn't about the product now, this is about the future.

Return to “Off-Topic”