Ethanol free

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 2

Ethanol free

Post by wheelgun1958 »

FYI the new Buc-ee's in Ennis has ethanol-free gas.

:thewave

dlh
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ethanol free

Post by dlh »

Ethanol-free gas is the only gas I run in my three lawnmowers. Good stuff.
Several lawn-mower mechanics recommend it too, especially if your lawn-mowers "sit" over the winter.
They start right back up in the Spring when I leave ethanol-free gas in them over the winter. Not so much with ethanol gas--something about the ethanol separating over time and doing bad stuff to the carburetors. Costs more but well-worth it.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

The Murphy's gas station at the Walmart in Boerne has it. Only place I know of around here. My small engines run more more reliably when I use it. However, I am switching over to battery powered equipment for a lot of things like blowers and string trimmers.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

howdy

Post by howdy »

I run this gas in my boat, jet skis, and weed eater/chain saw.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Buc-ees in LaMarque has ethanol fre. Last time I got some I got it at a marina. Buc-ees is a lot more convenient though
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

WildBill
Posts in topic: 5

Post by WildBill »

wheelgun1958 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:21 pm FYI the new Buc-ee's in Ennis has ethanol-free gas.
Thank you for the tip! :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Wish we could get it in the Killeen/Ft Hood area. When I have used it in my Silverado, works great and gets better mileage than E-10. Plenty of places have E-85, but no Ethanol Free. Tried the E-85 in my old Ford Ranger which was rated for "Flex" fuel. Mileage was about 25% less than E-10, not a good deal when it is only a couple of pennies less than E-10.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

AF-Odin wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:56 am Wish we could get it in the Killeen/Ft Hood area. When I have used it in my Silverado, works great and gets better mileage than E-10. Plenty of places have E-85, but no Ethanol Free. Tried the E-85 in my old Ford Ranger which was rated for "Flex" fuel. Mileage was about 25% less than E-10, not a good deal when it is only a couple of pennies less than E-10.
This is because ethanol has about 2/3 the energy of gasoline, on a volumetric basis. When you fill your tank with ethanol free gasoline, you are putting more BTU's (or Joules for our immigrant friends) in the tank than for an equal volume of E10.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

oohrah
Posts in topic: 3

Post by oohrah »

Waco Walmart on Franklin has 87 ethanol free.

Putting ethanol in gasoline is the biggest fraud perpetrated on us by the agri-business industry and should be stopped.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

oohrah wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:06 pm Waco Walmart on Franklin has 87 ethanol free.

Putting ethanol in gasoline is the biggest fraud perpetrated on us by the agri-business industry and should be stopped.
:iagree:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

WildBill wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:26 pm
oohrah wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:06 pm Waco Walmart on Franklin has 87 ethanol free.

:iagree:
Just filled up at Buc-ee's on the way home this morning. It's 90 octane there.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

How much more do the gas stations charge for ethanol free gasoline? I doubt we'd see that type of fuel in Harris County because I believe we are an ozone-nonattainment area.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

OneGun wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:33 pm How much more do the gas stations charge for ethanol free gasoline? I doubt we'd see that type of fuel in Harris County because I believe we are an ozone-nonattainment area.
Here is a website that shows the location of places selling ethanol-free gasoline. It looks like there is one place in Houston that caters to racing fuel. One post I saw said
that it was about $0.30 more per gallon.

https://www.pure-gas.org/
NRA Endowment Member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I run it in my Truck and mowers. If you only consider the better miles per gallon it is probably not worth the difference.
As stated above it is way better for carburetors on mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws, anything such as these. I also find it keeps my injectors cleaner and they last a LOT longer.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

jason812
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jason812 »

It smells stronger too. I don't know about taste :biggrinjester:

I get mine at the Cefco in Moffat. I believe the new Cefco being put in by the airport in Temple on Hwy 36 will have ethanol free as well.

I run it in all my small engines plus I have installed cutoffs and run the gas out of the carbs when I'm done. For the chainsaw, I try use it when I have a tank's worth of work.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “Off-Topic”