Central Park Karen

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Central Park Karen

Post by srothstein »

philip964 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:11 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... rontation/

Karen charged with making false police report. Her name is really Amy.
I hate the way the media is all saying she confronted this poor defenseless bird watcher. He is the one that confronted her first. Both are wrong.
Steve Rothstein

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

philip964 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:55 pm https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=shY4u_1599799921

Karen is being one upped by this woman on a plane.

She talked herself off the plane and into jail.
I work security at a public library. I'm amazed at how some (Thankfully few) people can get butt hurt over the most reasonable request. So many have an excuse why the rules don't apply to them.

ETA: Part of my problem is that the library is right across the street for two homeless centers. The library had become a defacto homeless shelter. When I first started, 2/3 of the people in the building were homeless, simply spending the day. The board was very "progressive," and seemed to think this was a proper use of taxpayer funds, designated for a library.
An unfortunate event with a child in the men's room was the impetus for hiring security. Enter me. I was working corrections at the time, but I did hold a Level III security certificate with baton and Pepper spray certs. As an independent author, the idea of security at a library seemed like a dream job. It was better than corrections, but no walk in the park either.
I was the first "security guard" at the library and had to invent the position.
I was surprised to find many of the interactions I had was with people I'd known in my previous position (CO), or people who would obviously soon be interacting with my former coworkers.
Covid actually helped. We shut down for a couple of weeks. During that time, we removed the comfy lounge chairs the homeless slept in. We removed the charging stations for phones, and half of the tables that people just set at. We also remove half of the chairs at the remaining tables. We implemented a rule that asked patrons to limit their stay to 1 hour.
When we opened back up, it was my job to enforce these new rules. Can you imagine the pushback I faced?
The Library is once again a place where mothers feel safe bringing their children. I was surprised at the number of people who have come up to me and expressed the gratitude for my service. While I hope they don't confuse me with a peace officer, I am proud of what I believe I've accomplished at the library.
A coupe of recent revelations:
Unfortunately. I'm not certain the "progressive" library board is as enamored with my work as the patrons. I'm still part time with no benefits, while a guy hired after me appears to be full time with benefits. I'll have been there a year in October. He works evenings, after the homeless folks have left to find a place to bed down. He doesn't have to deal with 98% of them. I had to carry 98% of the load to the "new' normal. Hate to bring race into it, but the other guy is a man of "color," and likely more appealing the the "Progressive" board. I don't have an employee number as a part time employee. When I check out, I just hit the check out button, no employee number required. I notice that the other guy, working fewer and easier hours than I do has an employee number. He also mentioned to me that he wants more hours and is thinking about quitting his other job because the benefits at the library are better. Benefits? As a part time employee, I don't have benefits. ???????
I plan to have a frank talk with the director about my future at the library. When first hired, I was told they hoped to turn it into a full time position within 6 months. I understand Covid changed things some, but it's starting to look like I might be being lead on a snipe hunt. If the other guy (working fewer hours) is "full time," then I'm an idiot left out in the cold.
I love the job at the library, largely because of the positive changes I feel responsible for. Likely I won't be there by the end of the year. Fortunately, I've got a couple of other likely prospects.
It's just frustrating that what I still think of as good work is so casually tossed aside by "Progressive" administrators. Even in the light of such approval from the public.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 12

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... -911-call/

Made a second 911 call saying he assaulted her.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/central-park-amy ... 28719.html

She attended a five session re education program and her misdemeanor charge was dropped.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/woman-fa ... 18585.html

Karen files suit against her former employer.

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

philip964 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:43 pm https://finance.yahoo.com/news/woman-fa ... 18585.html

Karen files suit against her former employer.
I read the "article". My only response could be summed up as: "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

IANAL, but I don't think she has much of a case on the "wrongful termination" assuming that NY is an at will employment state. If her employer made statements about her then the defamation claim might have more merit.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

The article refers to the two as Black bird-watcher and white woman. I find it interesting that black is capitalized while white isn't.
Charlie

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

TxRVer wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:33 am The article refers to the two as Black bird-watcher and white woman. I find it interesting that black is capitalized while white isn't.
Yep. Systemic racism does exist. Plainly its against whites.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/hate-crime-charg ... 18013.html

Woman who accused black under 18 teen in fancy hotel in New York of stealing her cell phone and grabbed his arm, charged with a laundry list of charges. I forget where her phone really was. I think kids dad was famous and they were staying in the hotel.

My assumption is the parent has to agree to file the charges.

Return to “Off-Topic”