Protests - the next level?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Paladin
Posts in topic: 40

Re: Protests - the next level?

Post by Paladin »

crazy2medic wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:15 am I work armed security in downtown Ft Worth, it's been all quiet, wonder if Ft Worth P.D. reputation for shooting people has put damper on the rioting in Ft Worth!
Ft Worth has long had better security
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

srothstein
Posts in topic: 17

Post by srothstein »

I firmly believe that most of the riots are being started by professional agitators. The agitators come from both local and out of town areas to do this. I do not pretend to know or understand why they do this or who the agitators are supporting. The Republicans are generally blaming Antifa and "left wing radicals" while the Democrats are blaming "White Supremacists" and alt-right groups. I find it hard to believe that both of these guesses are correct, though it would not be hard to believe that both are wrong. I did see one report of someone blaming Russia, which makes as much sense as anything else, I guess.

The one thing I do know is that the media are lying to us about this again. They are trying to claim it is not true by showing how many people arrested are locals. In Minneapolis, the local and national news pointed out that 85% of the people arrested were locals. That is a scary figure for two reasons.

1. It means that 15% of the people arrested were truly from out of the area and came to "participate" in the riots. That lends some support to the claims that the agitators are coming in from other areas. It also, in the case of Minneapolis ignores the fact that it is the largest city in the area and will draw people from other states and that some people would go there to peacefully protest the MPD that was originally involved in this incident. Protesting against the Minneapolis Police in Dallas doesn't make much sense to me.

2. The media knows as well as I do that professionals never get arrested nearly as much as amateurs do. If I send in a professional agitator to start a riot out of a peaceful protest, I would expect him to know how to start trouble and then quietly slip away before the police arrive to start arresting the looters. He isn't there to loot, but to get all the locals to do so. If he gets caught looting or even being there, I doubt he would be used as an agent provocateur very much later. His group had better have higher standards than that if they want to succeed at anything.

Well, I am, of course, discounting the mass media as being the agitators because I think we all know that this is exactly what they are doing. Stirring things up by not telling the truth.
Steve Rothstein

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:03 am https://news.yahoo.com/truck-driver-arr ... 45863.html

Truck driver on what looks like an interstate is arrested after attempting to drive through a crowd, stopping, and then being pulled out of the truck.
....it wasn't immediately known why the truck was on the road.
Very confused... A truck was on the highway... while hundreds of people were illegally blocking the highway...truck driver is stopped, pulled out of his truck beaten... and then arrested... and it is the truck driver's fault?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

srothstein wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:22 am I firmly believe that most of the riots are being started by professional agitators. The agitators come from both local and out of town areas to do this. I do not pretend to know or understand why they do this or who the agitators are supporting. The Republicans are generally blaming Antifa and "left wing radicals" while the Democrats are blaming "White Supremacists" and alt-right groups. I find it hard to believe that both of these guesses are correct, though it would not be hard to believe that both are wrong. I did see one report of someone blaming Russia, which makes as much sense as anything else, I guess.

The one thing I do know is that the media are lying to us about this again. They are trying to claim it is not true by showing how many people arrested are locals. In Minneapolis, the local and national news pointed out that 85% of the people arrested were locals. That is a scary figure for two reasons.

1. It means that 15% of the people arrested were truly from out of the area and came to "participate" in the riots. That lends some support to the claims that the agitators are coming in from other areas. It also, in the case of Minneapolis ignores the fact that it is the largest city in the area and will draw people from other states and that some people would go there to peacefully protest the MPD that was originally involved in this incident. Protesting against the Minneapolis Police in Dallas doesn't make much sense to me.

2. The media knows as well as I do that professionals never get arrested nearly as much as amateurs do. If I send in a professional agitator to start a riot out of a peaceful protest, I would expect him to know how to start trouble and then quietly slip away before the police arrive to start arresting the looters. He isn't there to loot, but to get all the locals to do so. If he gets caught looting or even being there, I doubt he would be used as an agent provocateur very much later. His group had better have higher standards than that if they want to succeed at anything.

Well, I am, of course, discounting the mass media as being the agitators because I think we all know that this is exactly what they are doing. Stirring things up by not telling the truth.
Yep!

In Dallas two thirds of those arrested for rioting were not from the City of Dallas... a city of 1,382,267 people.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 17

Post by srothstein »

The rumor I heard was that the road had been closed by the police due to the protests and the trucker somehow got on the highway anyway. I believe the police said he was deliberately trying to hit the protestors, which would be felony assault if true. Or counter-protesting maybe, but still a crime.
Steve Rothstein

chamberc
Posts in topic: 5

Post by chamberc »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:26 am
philip964 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:03 am https://news.yahoo.com/truck-driver-arr ... 45863.html

Truck driver on what looks like an interstate is arrested after attempting to drive through a crowd, stopping, and then being pulled out of the truck.
Very confused... A truck was on the highway... while hundreds of people were illegally blocking the highway...truck driver is stopped, pulled out of his truck beaten... and then arrested... and it is the truck driver's fault?
You cannot hit pedestrians. It's occurred time and time again. You cannot hit protestors... sadly even sometimes, when they're attacking your vehicle.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

srothstein wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:31 am The rumor I heard was that the road had been closed by the police due to the protests and the trucker somehow got on the highway anyway. I believe the police said he was deliberately trying to hit the protestors, which would be felony assault if true. Or counter-protesting maybe, but still a crime.
If the trucker was trying to hit the protesters... why did he stop? Why didn't he backup and try to hit them a second time? Why did he stick around after trying to murder people?

To me it looks more like this scenario:

Protesters illegally block the highway and someone gets hurt. Not the drivers fault.
Last edited by Paladin on Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

chamberc wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:32 am
Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:26 am

You cannot hit pedestrians. It's occurred time and time again. You cannot hit protestors... sadly even sometimes, when they're attacking your vehicle.
2018: Protester hit by police vehicle during Stephon Clark march in Sacramento

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Grayling813 »

strogg wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:58 am I wonder if the peaceful protesters are starting to understand the image problem that many law enforcement officers face. The vast majority of LEOs are good people. But every organization has their bad apples. There is just that super small bunch that tarnish and ruin the reputation of said LEOs. Unfortunately, that's what the nation is focused on right now, while the deeds of the good LEOs are going unnoticed. The protesters are in the exact same boat. The vast majority of them are good people as well. But their voices are being covered up by the bad apple looters and rioters that tarnish the protester's images. The same thing applies. The nation is focused on those bad apples and not the folks who are trying to promote justice for their social group.

I believe I can say the same applies to us gun owners as well.
:iagree: Using broad brush strokes against any group of people, be it by race, religion, hobby/etc is wrong. Individuals are responsible for the evil that comes out of them.

philip964
Posts in topic: 155

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/one-dead-louisvi ... 20997.html

Louisville police return fire killing one.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

philip964 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:01 am https://news.yahoo.com/one-dead-louisvi ... 20997.html

Louisville police return fire killing one.
Louisville police fire pepper bullets at news crew.
https://www.wave3.com/2020/05/29/lmpd-o ... e-protest/

Ruark
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Ruark »

I was just contemplating what would happen if, with an impartial jury looking at facts, the officers were acquitted. It would probably be Rodney King X 1,000.
-Ruark

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Ruark wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:44 am I was just contemplating what would happen if, with an impartial jury looking at facts, the officers were acquitted. It would probably be Rodney King X 1,000.
If there was an aquittal with a jury made up of 12 antifa/blm members, there would still be mayhem.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... hird-ward/

In Houston, white people kneel before Black people and ask forgiveness for racism in America.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

MSNBC top, Brad Pitt movie World War Z movie below.

Could be fake. Who knows anymore.
Attachments
CAC1805E-6895-4803-8B88-BFEFA472050B.jpeg

Return to “Off-Topic”