On the subject of rioters.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: On the subject of rioters.

Post by Tex1961 »

Is that an existing law or just musings from Mr. Ayoob? Granted I agree and think that rioters should be treated like any crime.. Just like if your robbing someone and your buddy kills them then your considered just as guilty of murder....

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Here in my little town, I don't expect to encounter a mass protest. However, I frequently go to Austin, Round Rock, and Bastrop. There are risks involved.

From the tactical side, Greg Ellifritz writes about Surviving the Mob. https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/ ... ng-the-mob
Violent protests, mob action, and rioting scenarios fill up your news feed. Lots of folks are contacting me about mob violence issues. Let’s look at some of the issues involved…
This afternoon, at 1pm Central, attorney Andrew Branca will be doing a Facebook LIVE video about the legalities. https://www.facebook.com/LawofSelfDefense/
Branca also discusses the elements, up to five, of a solid self defense claim. https://lawofselfdefense.com/beginjourney/

The legal services plan of which I am a member has posted a video on their YouTube channel, "The Law of Deadly Force and Justification During Civil Unrest." Expect advertisements. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBAZUyovHOc
Last edited by oljames3 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Saw a video of NYC, it was like watching a scene from the movie "The Purge". Total chaos, anarchy in the streets. Disgusting!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Good to know.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rafe »

Tangential to this topic, if anyone needs to refresh their "hurricane preparedness" kit, AR500 armor is having a buy one, get one free special on their 10" x 12" curved level III+ "Advanced Shooters Cut" plates. With the basic base coating only, that would be $124 for two plates. Lead time is 7 to 8 weeks.

You know. For the hurricane preparedness kit. In case of severe storms and flooding. That sort of natural disaster emergency.

https://www.ar500armor.com/3-plus-bogo.html
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Seems if an angry crowd surrounds your car or your house and shouts threats, damages your car or throws things at you or your house and you do something or if you don't do anything, you are in legal jeopardy.

It appears you are in a no win situation.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

So, if I read / understand correctly - it's like the Texas Law of Parties? Meaning, that TAM, Andy and I go to the local Andy's...if Andy drops the custard cone...well, then we are ALL guilty of dropping the custard cone?! Even if TAM is in the getaway vehicle (we don't want our spouses knowing that we've been at Andy's...but Andy dripped some custard on his shirt...so we now have evidence of the crime) Or something like that... :tiphat: :biggrinjester:

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

AndyC wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:24 pm
Tex1961 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:58 am Is that an existing law or just musings from Mr. Ayoob?
It's a legal doctrine used to show disparity of force (which is part of Jeopardy) when faced with a mob (let's call it 3 or more people, for the sake of the argument) so that someone in the group can't claim '* Well, I* wasn't doing nothing!' - apparently little-known but it does exist.
I believe that’s correct, I heard that Branca (spelling?) attorney that oljames links too say something to that effect too. With two or more it becomes a mob, so an act of one is considered as an act of another one too.
I think his example was if two people are holding you while third one is stabbing you, then the other two are just as guilty of murdering you. Just because they didn’t actually stab you doesn’t matter.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Yes. If I see 2 or more coming towards me and I see that one of them has a knife, I am not going to spend too much time deliberating within whether the other one is armed or not.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

My mother taught me not to hang out with people that can get you in trouble!
So don't hang out with people that can get you SHOT!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

crazy2medic wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:59 pm My mother taught me not to hang out with people that can get you in trouble!
So don't hang out with people that can get you SHOT!
This is great advice but not always easy to follow. I bet some of us can remember being young when somebody in our little band of merry men decided to do something stupid. Now 45 years ago the thought of that something stupid rising to the level of getting me shot never crossed my mind. I would be willing to bet there are times when a group of youths are all doing just fine when that one off person in the group suddenly does something stupid that the others are not planning for or even in favor of. :mrgreen: Meanwhile, there you are with a bullet hole in your chest and the idiot you were hanging with caused it by doing something stupid you never expected them to do. :mrgreen:

Return to “Off-Topic”