Gov of TX issues mask order!?!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Gov of TX issues mask order!?!

Post by Vol Texan »

Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Flightmare

Re: Gov of TX issues mask order!?!

Post by Flightmare »

Vol Texan wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:28 pm I have no words for this:
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Tex ... 383194.php
You might, they are likely not appropriate for this forum though.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Syntyr »

Vol Texan wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:28 pm I have no words for this:
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Tex ... 383194.php

I feel like ordering this from Ebay! Its a "mask".

Last edited by Syntyr on Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Mask order violators can be fined up to $250. There are exceptions for people who have a medical condition or disability, who are exercising outdoors, or who are participating in a religious service or voting.
Syntyr

cirus
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cirus »

I have no problem with it. Ive been wearing one most places anyway and avoiding crowds. My wife has asthma and has had pneumoniae at least a dozen times since we've been married. She's been hospitalized twice with it and was almost septic the last time they caught it. If you dont feel it does any good or its violating your rights then dont wear it. Most people wouldnt dare not wear their seatbelt but refuse to wear a mask that might save someones life. If you dont wear your seatbelt and get in a wreck nobody is gonna get hurt or killed but you. I wouldnt want to get Covid and be asymptomatic and expose my sister in law who is a transplant patient or my mother in law who is diabetic and has congetive heart failure. To each his own.
Last edited by cirus on Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Mrs. Oldgringo was released from the TMF hospital after having been treated over four days with a bad UTI. The Hospitalist, who may have saved my life a couple of summers ago and whom we hold in the highest regard, told her we ain't seen nothing yet. This COVID-19 is gonna' get a lot worse before it gets better. He's a relatively young outdoorsy man, too.

Mrs. Oldgringo said maybe we should start staying home? I can shoot my airguns from the patio and the liquor store is right around the corner with a drive-up window so I said, why not.

cirus

Post by cirus »

Oldgringo wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:24 pm Mrs. Oldgringo was released from the TMF hospital after having been treated over four days with a bad UTI. The Hospitalist, who may have saved my life a couple of summers ago and whom we hold in the highest regard, told her we ain't seen nothing yet. This COVID-19 is gonna' get a lot worse before it gets better. He's a relatively young outdoorsy man, too.

Mrs. Oldgringo said maybe we should start staying home? I can shoot my airguns from the patio and the liquor store is right around the corner with a drive-up window so I said, why not.
:iagree:

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I think I am going to order this one.

seph

Post by seph »

We have no problems wearing masks and have been since the first cases started appearing in the US. We had been tracking the Chinaflu while it was still in it's homeland, so we were already prepared.

But, I do have a problem with the heavy handed manner that our elected officials have handled this. We really need to place a hard limit of 30 days for any emergency orders (with no extensions for any overlapping items for 90 days) unless approved by the Texas legislators. At this point, there are several republican officials that I will not support in their next primaries.

The Chinaflu is a fact of live now for us. It is not going away for many many years if ever. We need to adjust what we can that does not cripple our country and then we need to reopen all businesses (including bars, which evidently the Chinaflu loves the most) and get on with life before we are all left no no way of life worth living anymore.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

seph wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:12 pm We have no problems wearing masks and have been since the first cases started appearing in the US. We had been tracking the Chinaflu while it was still in it's homeland, so we were already prepared.

But, I do have a problem with the heavy handed manner that our elected officials have handled this. We really need to place a hard limit of 30 days for any emergency orders (with no extensions for any overlapping items for 90 days) unless approved by the Texas legislators. At this point, there are several republican officials that I will not support in their next primaries.

The Chinaflu is a fact of live now for us. It is not going away for many many years if ever. We need to adjust what we can that does not cripple our country and then we need to reopen all businesses (including bars, which evidently the Chinaflu loves the most) and get on with life before we are all left no no way of life worth living anymore.
Thank goodness, we don't have the likes of Cuomo, DeBlasio, and the other left wing, idiot egomaniacs from Washington, Michigan, Virginia, DC, etc. to deal with. What kind of people elect these self-serving cretins, has America gone totally nuts?

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Denton County Sheriff Tracy Murphree said his department will NOT be enforcing the mask mandate.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Oldgringo wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:47 pm
seph wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:12 pm We have no problems wearing masks and have been since the first cases started appearing in the US. We had been tracking the Chinaflu while it was still in it's homeland, so we were already prepared.

Thank goodness, we don't have the likes of Cuomo, DeBlasio, and the other left wing, idiot egomaniacs from Washington, Michigan, Virginia, DC, etc. to deal with. What kind of people elect these self-serving cretins, has America gone totally nuts?
Ughhhh could you imagine Gov Whitmer?

:mad5
Syntyr

jason812

Post by jason812 »

seph wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:12 pm
At this point, there are several republican officials that I will not support in their next primaries.
Try the general election. At this point, Trump maybe the only Republican I vote for in November. And by maybe, he might be the maybe. I'm done with the whole lot.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Unfortunately young people and protesters don't feel the need to wear a mask. I'm 68 wife is 67 we don't want to contact the virus. Our grandson was a preemie and had lots of problems in the ICU, we want to see him and hug him, God forbid we spread the virus. Yes we stay home and when we have to go out we wear a mask.

Return to “Off-Topic”