Plano, TX mother of two killed during her regular morning run

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

gamboolman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Plano, TX mother of two killed during her regular morning run

Post by gamboolman »

Sad and troubling.

Prayers for the family of the murdered mother during this hard time.
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/im-no ... d/2422324/

They have a person of interest in jail on 1 million dollar bond.

Good to see Dallas does better with the bond thing than Houston.

Attached is his photo.

Nobody likes to show photos anymore.
Attachments
EC1A9468-56B5-4593-998E-EC0D995EA8DE.jpeg
A9B674F9-D130-422F-844A-A2EA4678A9C4.jpeg

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ed4032 »

This is just blocks from my house. A few weeks ago a woman attacked an officer near by my house . This is Plano.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

Blocks away from my place as well. I walk the trails on Bob Woodruff every morning. My prayers to the family of this woman.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

philip964

Post by philip964 »

RIP young mom. My prayers to your children and family.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Legacy runs right behind my home. This happened about three lights down from me. I think she made a horrible decision going for a jog all alone at that time of the morning. They think the same guy is the one who broke into a home in that neighborhood the same morning. The home had three men in it and they hid like cowards in a bedroom. Had they stopped this guy with a well placed shot, this poor lady would still be alive. Surely they could have come up with some type of weapon to beat the guy down with. He did have a knife and I am sure they suddenly thought about buying a firearm. The next Monday we were working on a home in that neighborhood. We normally see single women walkers and joggers all over it early in AM. Not now. One group of Ladies was 5 strong. We saw nobody walking/jogging alone. This kind of thing is just heart breaking.

03Lightningrocks

kayt00 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:42 pm Blocks away from my place as well. I walk the trails on Bob Woodruff every morning. My prayers to the family of this woman.
Bob Woodruff is over on the other side of Town(East Plano). I use to live by that park/trail system. It is a very nice park. Just a heads up. A couple days ago my daughter sent me a Police Blotter that said there had been at least two armed robberies in East Plano. I don't know where exactly but wanted to alert you in case you had not heard yet. I grew up in Plano and it use to be a safe place to live. It seems nowhere is safe any more. Very distressing to say the least. I have noticed a sizable increase in the homeless population around down. I guess the cops are just letting them sleep where ever they want. Many of these people are the source for the increased crime around Plano.

03Lightningrocks

Ed4032 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:36 pm This is just blocks from my house. A few weeks ago a woman attacked an officer near by my house . This is Plano.
Exactly! What the HECK is going on? We are getting too many violent crimes.

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:20 pm
kayt00 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:42 pm Blocks away from my place as well. I walk the trails on Bob Woodruff every morning. My prayers to the family of this woman.
Bob Woodruff is over on the other side of Town(East Plano). I use to live by that park/trail system. It is a very nice park. Just a heads up. A couple days ago my daughter sent me a Police Blotter that said there had been at least two armed robberies in East Plano. I don't know where exactly but wanted to alert you in case you had not heard yet. I grew up in Plano and it use to be a safe place to live. It seems nowhere is safe any more. Very distressing to say the least. I have noticed a sizable increase in the homeless population around down. I guess the cops are just letting them sleep where ever they want. Many of these people are the source for the increased crime around Plano.
Chisholm trail runs from 75 SB and 15th street northwest to Tracy Road and Legacy, maybe more than a few blocks but definitely too close for comfort and in no way detracts from this family's tragedy. All the more reason to carry during walks.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

03Lightningrocks

kayt00 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:35 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:20 pm
Chisholm trail runs from 75 SB and 15th street northwest to Tracy Road and Legacy, maybe more than a few blocks but definitely too close for comfort and in no way detracts from this family's tragedy. All the more reason to carry during walks.
I never said it "detracts" from this families tragedy. I am not sure where you got that out of me saying Bob Woodruff park is on the other side of town. I actually just thought maybe you misunderstood where this happened when you said it was just a few blocks from where you live.

TomV

Post by TomV »

I run this same trail 4x a week. I was on this trail Saturday morning, but it was a short run and probably not on the same section. I'm getting to know the trail regulars but it gets used by a lot of people. I rarely see a woman on the trail by herself.

I started running here after the second time I almost got hit by a car while running the sidewalks that circle my neighborhood.
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Was I reading correctly that someone here was blaming the murder victim for her death and the burglary victims for not shooting the "person of interest"? Sheesh...

03Lightningrocks

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:48 am Was I reading correctly that someone here was blaming the murder victim for her death and the burglary victims for not shooting the "person of interest"? Sheesh...
Good job reading something into a post that was not there. Sheesh... now I know How Trump feels when the leftists do it to him.

03Lightningrocks

Meanwhile... We just had a drive by shooting in Plano this morning! It has not made the news yet so details pending. Early reports are that noone was injured. Shots fired into someones home.

Return to “Off-Topic”