Kamala Harris

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SpringerFan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kamala Harris

Post by SpringerFan »

20200811_231703.jpg
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TxRVer »

92f-fan wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:48 am Its a rough question to ask in public, but Im curious. She has Jamaican and indian parents. So genetically she is half of each. But she gets to pick being either Black or Indian as it serves her ? Confused.
Follow up, can she call herself "African American " if she is from Jamaica ? I know that Jamaican ancestors came from Africa, but if we are able to pick continents from thousands of years ago wouldn't we also be able to go back further than Africa ? Maybe include Pangea ? Pangean-American would be MUCH more inclusive.

These days people "identify" as all kinds of things so maybe nothing should surprise me any more.
I guess Im easily confused by the current process of picking and choosing your ancestry and your orientation from a grab bag.
All this PC stuff drives me crazy ...
Like other African Americans, she is an American descended from African slaves. Many African Americans have some white blood in them.
Charlie

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 52

Post by philip964 »

92f-fan wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:48 am Its a rough question to ask in public, but Im curious. She has Jamaican and indian parents. So genetically she is half of each. But she gets to pick being either Black or Indian as it serves her ? Confused.
Follow up, can she call herself "African American " if she is from Jamaica ? I know that Jamaican ancestors came from Africa, but if we are able to pick continents from thousands of years ago wouldn't we also be able to go back further than Africa ? Maybe include Pangea ? Pangean-American would be MUCH more inclusive.

These days people "identify" as all kinds of things so maybe nothing should surprise me any more.
I guess Im easily confused by the current process of picking and choosing your ancestry and your orientation from a grab bag.
https://www.marieclaire.com/politics/a2 ... is-father/

Picture of her father. I believe he belives he is African Irish. Her mom is 100% Indian. So that would make her 50% Indian, 25% Irish 25% African.

I would be interesting if she did a Ancestry DNA test before the election.

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:9240201328 Says she has used both for some time. Went to a historically black college.

Supposedly her mom raised her Black. So she identifies as Black. She was born in the US so she could call herself African American, Euro American or Indian American. I find it interesting that no one wants to use their "white privilege" but prefer to express their minor African or Native American roots.
Last edited by philip964 on Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Bottom line, all Democrats want to take your guns (regardless of what they say).

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

philip964 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:08 pm

Picture of her father. I believe he belives he is African Irish. Her mom is 100% Indian. So that would make her 50% Indian, 25% Irish 25% African.

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:9240201328 Says she has used both for some time. Went to a historically black college.

Supposedly her mom raised her Black. So she identifies as Black. She was born in the US so she could call herself African American, Euro American or Indian American. I find it interesting that no one wants to use their "white privilege" but prefer to express their minor African or Native American roots.
her father is apparently quite mad that she calls herself black, he doesn't use the term for himself, he says he's Jamaican, sooooo.
also, she apparently said something about being a descendant of slaves, that's funny since her great-gf or some-such were slave traders.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:09 am I was just now rereading the Preamble to the Bill of Rights (how many leftist gun-grabbers have actually read THAT part?), and here’s what it says, in the founders' own words:
THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstuction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added.
They meant declaratory and restrictive clauses to restrain the federal gov’t. It is in THAT light that the several states added the second amendment, declaring that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and later (1868) Congress declared in Amendment 14, Section 1, that:
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of The United States, ...
I know that most democrats and some republicans use the Constitution for toilet paper, but this changes neither the actual words, or their very clear meaning and intent. When too many politicians, REGARDLESS of their stripe, abuse the Constitution, then it becomes every Constitution-upholding American's sacred duty to re-read the first paragraph of the Declaration of Independence, and JUDGE THEMSELVES HARSHLY in light of its words:
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
They should ask themselves the following types of questions, and answer them unflinchingly:
  1. Do they actually BELIEVE and AGREE with these words?
  2. Do they believe OR NOT believe that this nation is at or rapidly approaching a similar crossroads?
  3. What are they willing to do about it, if their votes are overruled by an anti-Constitutional majority bent on completely changing the structure of our gov’t and ending our economic way of life?
  4. How far are they willing to go?
  5. Are they all hat and no cattle?
I’ll be perfectly honest.....I don’t know all the answers, but I CAN answer thusly: what we HAD is worth restoring; what we HAVE isn’t worth saving. I don’t believe that, in the current political climate, what we HAD can be restored. It will have to wait until ALL of us are so fed up that there’s no more talk, only action........PHYSICAL action......JUST like the left is doing right now.....

They’re winning only because we don’t resist. We TALK about resisting, but we don’t resist.

'Nuff said.
:iagree: This post is so good it should be its own thread.

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

Bold, Red is mine.
I don't care for her either way, however, I thought her mother was from the country of India, NOT Native American ?

:txflag: :patriot:

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Harris is very bad news for our 2ndA rights. It is more of motivation to work harder on getting the vote out next November.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi...

grnamin

Post by grnamin »

philip964 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:10 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... la-harris/

Houston photographer reposted a fake campaign logo about Biden and Harris.

It referred to Harris as a sex worker. He apologizesd. He will no longer be used by the NBA for photography.

No matter. They are dead to me.
She did use brown willie to get ahead (pun intended).

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

grnamin wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:16 pm
philip964 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:10 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... la-harris/

Houston photographer reposted a fake campaign logo about Biden and Harris.

It referred to Harris as a sex worker. He apologizesd. He will no longer be used by the NBA for photography.

No matter. They are dead to me.
She did use brown willie to get ahead (pun intended).
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" Yes she did. It is a fact.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:09 am
philip964 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:02 pm https://wamu.org/story/20/08/12/kamala- ... ning-mate/

As a candidate for President she proposed many new gun restrictions.

How will she be as Biden’s running mate?

Probably you should vote for the orange man.
Funny thing she’ll have to overcome, if our side plays it’s cards right.......

I was just now rereading the Preamble to the Bill of Rights (how many leftist gun-grabbers have actually read THAT part?), and here’s what it says, in the founders' own words:
THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstuction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added.
They meant declaratory and restrictive clauses to restrain the federal gov’t. It is in THAT light that the several states added the second amendment, declaring that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and later (1868) Congress declared in Amendment 14, Section 1, that:
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of The United States, ...
I know that most democrats and some republicans use the Constitution for toilet paper, but this changes neither the actual words, or their very clear meaning and intent. When too many politicians, REGARDLESS of their stripe, abuse the Constitution, then it becomes every Constitution-upholding American's sacred duty to re-read the first paragraph of the Declaration of Independence, and JUDGE THEMSELVES HARSHLY in light of its words:
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
They should ask themselves the following types of questions, and answer them unflinchingly:
  1. Do they actually BELIEVE and AGREE with these words?
  2. Do they believe OR NOT believe that this nation is at or rapidly approaching a similar crossroads?
  3. What are they willing to do about it, if their votes are overruled by an anti-Constitutional majority bent on completely changing the structure of our gov’t and ending our economic way of life?
  4. How far are they willing to go?
  5. Are they all hat and no cattle?
I’ll be perfectly honest.....I don’t know all the answers, but I CAN answer thusly: what we HAD is worth restoring; what we HAVE isn’t worth saving. I don’t believe that, in the current political climate, what we HAD can be restored. It will have to wait until ALL of us are so fed up that there’s no more talk, only action........PHYSICAL action......JUST like the left is doing right now.....

They’re winning only because we don’t resist. We TALK about resisting, but we don’t resist.

'Nuff said.
Only 3% of us need to be fed up...
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

pushpullpete wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:55 am

Bold, Red is mine.
I don't care for her either way, however, I thought her mother was from the country of India, NOT Native American ?

:txflag: :patriot:
In that sentence I did not mean Harris. In general it seems that some people of mixed race tend to express their heritage as anything but White. Obama is 50/50 but expressed this heritage as black. Liz Warren is 0% Native American, but expressed her heritage as Native American. It is so odd since White has so many privileges in America and throughout the world.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 4

Post by srothstein »

I agree, and to be specific to this weird case, Kamala Harris is half Black and half Indian. She was raised by a single mother from the time she was seven (IIRC). She says her mother raised her as a Black woman and to be a strong woman. How did an Indian woman raise her to be Black?
Steve Rothstein

Return to “Off-Topic”