Woman tased at football scrimmage for not wearing a mask

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 3

Woman tased at football scrimmage for not wearing a mask

Post by Grayling813 »

https://www.captainsjournal.com/2020/09 ... ng-a-mask/

Nothing forum friendly I can say about the actions of the police officer or the school employee.

Another angle

slowpoke
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Woman tased at football scrimmage for not wearing a mask

Post by slowpoke »

They are trying to make us subjects instead of citizens. The law doesn't matter, just do what your told.
CHL 2002
NRA life member
TSRA Endowment member
TWA member

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Did the legislature there pass an official law stating that not wearing a mask is crime (misdemeanor, felony etc.)? If not, then using any force especially taser to enforce a non binding or non existing “law” where the only act was not having a mask on is a clear overreach and abuse of civil liberties. She should sue.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

This is just a sad state of a couple of things.

1. She was not arrested for not wearing a mask. Yeah, she kinda was, but not really. She was arrested for criminal trespassing after being told she had to wear a mask according to school policy and state guidelines. I can't find that school's policy. If they are going by state guidelines I think they are going to have a problem because she doesn't appear to have been in violation. She was outdoors and was more than 6' away from others not in her group.

2. The headline of every article I found stated she was arrested for not wearing a mask. Then inside most articles it was explained that she was not arrested for not wearing a mask, but rather criminal trespassing and failure to obey (unlawful orders IMHO) orders from a police officer. Side of the road or bleachers thing, yeah yeah!

I'm becoming more and more distrustful of any media. This incident is an example along with the "no knock" thing over in KY. Much of the media is still saying or leading with misleading information on that. Someone here pointed out that Bill Hemmer still got it wrong just yesterday or day before. It's just crazy how wrong the media is about the simplest of things too often.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

As we have seen in Portland, Seattle, NYC, and Chicago, masks are not required when protesting. Clearly, this woman was protesting her arrest!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Killadocg23 »

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. All she had to do was leave or put on a mask at a school event .All she had to do was follow the officers commands and she wouldn’t be in this situation. The lack of respect for law enforcement now a days is simply ridiculous.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Killadocg23 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:53 am Play stupid games win stupid prizes. All she had to do was leave or put on a mask at a school event .All she had to do was follow the officers commands and she wouldn’t be in this situation. The lack of respect for law enforcement now a days is simply ridiculous.
I don't think you're suggesting people blindly follow the orders of the police. You might be, IDK. The standard caveat, of course, the side of the road or the bleachers is not the time or place to argue with an officer.

It will probably turn out in this case that the requirement to have a mask was not indicated in her circumstance. We'll have to wait and see.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grayling813 »

Killadocg23 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:53 am Play stupid games win stupid prizes. All she had to do was leave or put on a mask at a school event .All she had to do was follow the officers commands and she wouldn’t be in this situation. The lack of respect for law enforcement now a days is simply ridiculous.
Just get on the boxcar and shut up! :roll:

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:32 am
Yeah or maybe just put on the mask and follow orders you know. Simple stuff really, I don’t see what’s the big deal here . She had to wear a mask to get in and then she decided to take it off. Don’t like the school rules don’t attend the games simple ! It turned from simply putting a mask on or leaving to now trespassing. Like I said play stupid games win stupid prizes. She can sue all she wants, she won’t get a dime for her stupidity !

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

Killadocg23 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:41 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:32 am
Yeah or maybe just put on the mask and follow orders you know. Simple stuff really, I don’t see what’s the big deal here . She had to wear a mask to get in and then she decided to take it off. Don’t like the school rules don’t attend the games simple ! It turned from simply putting a mask on or leaving to now trespassing. Like I said play stupid games win stupid prizes. She can sue all she wants, she won’t get a dime for her stupidity !
yes its really twisted; do you follow a senseless rule that has no merit, or challenge the rule? personal choice always come to play. i dont wear one in any of our stores here, except the brookshires, i wear one there out of respect for a friend that is a manager and he has enough crazy to deal with. but still it migrates down to cover my beard. technically i am wearing it :rules: . but cdc rates of recovery are over 97%. . a face mask will not stop a virus.

my grand daughter works at pro tec labs they make sports and fitness powders. she has to wear a simple surgical mask all day. when she comes home, i can tell what flavor she loaded all day as her face and nose area under the mask is that color. this is powder, and viruses are so much smaller. days of grape flavor she looks like a smurf . unless we all wear an air purifying respirator with cartridges designed to filter virus sized items, we are wasting our time and playing sheep.

still have to respect law enforcement, but again each situation determines level of cooperation, based on attitudes and other factors. if you want to risk detainment, jail or worse then your choices will be commensurate with such actions. is A worth B ?
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

She brought this upon her self maybe mask work maybe they don’t. That’s not the issue at hand. The issue at hand was she was asked to put the mask on or leave and she didn’t. It was then considered trespassing and she got what she got. I don’t feel sorry for her one bit That’s the problem with society now a days. Nobody respects LEO and feels like they can do whatever they like. I would never put my self in this scenario because 1. I respect law enforcement and I respect any place of business I go regardless of how I feel. She is stupid in my book and nothing excuses her behavior one bit .

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Killadocg23 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:31 pm She brought this upon her self maybe mask work maybe they don’t. That’s not the issue at hand. The issue at hand was she was asked to put the mask on or leave and she didn’t. It was then considered trespassing and she got what she got. I don’t feel sorry for her one bit That’s the problem with society now a days. Nobody respects LEO and feels like they can do whatever they like. I would never put my self in this scenario because 1. I respect law enforcement and I respect any place of business I go regardless of how I feel. She is stupid in my book and nothing excuses her behavior one bit .
^^^^ THIS ^^^^^
I'm not convinced masks work but as security at the library, I'm forced to enforce the rule. Our sandbox, our rules. If you don't want to wear a mask fine, don't wear it someplace else.

cirus

Post by cirus »

I just avoid contact with other people whenever possible. I just want to be left alone. All people do is complicate life.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I respectfully disagree. I don't believe, based on what is available in the information, that the officer issued were legal commands. He is empowered to enforce criminal tresspass but unless the Ohio law is different, someone in authority has to have told the officer that she was criminally trespassing. He cannot make that determination on his own. I'm willing to be that no school official did that. I could be wrong. He could have commanded her to strip naked and it would have been no more valid IMHO.https://statelaws.findlaw.com/ohio-law/ ... -laws.html
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

flechero

Post by flechero »

Killadocg23 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:31 pm She brought this upon her self maybe mask work maybe they don’t. That’s not the issue at hand. The issue at hand was she was asked to put the mask on or leave and she didn’t.
^^^^Not what I read

I can't find the original article I read but it stated that [witnesses said] she was not given a warning or chance to put on a mask- he [LEO] was called/came to to arrest her only. And then the 2nd cop shows up without a mask- that alone should have been her get out of cuffs free card.

Return to “Off-Topic”