Our worst nightmare

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Post Reply

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 13002
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Our worst nightmare

#1

Post by philip964 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:24 pm

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... st/616493/

I'm leaving the West Coast, by theAtlantic.

Oh thank the Lord, she is moving to Minneapolis. But many will want a warmer climate.


chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3792
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: Our worst nightmare

#2

Post by chasfm11 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:29 pm

As long as the go to places which are already "infected" by their philosophy, it doesn't make that much difference. In fact, an influx of Liberal women in the Minneapolis might produce interesting results. I might even buy extra popcorn.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5251
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Our worst nightmare

#3

Post by Jusme » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:05 pm

So they are fleeing fires on the west coast, caused my forest mismanagement, which they blame on climate change. Only to move to a place where there are fires burning in local businesses, caused by a more radical group, endorsed by the same people responsible for the fires on the west coast. The stupidity is strong in this one.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


OneGun
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 976
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

Re: Our worst nightmare

#4

Post by OneGun » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:06 pm

Jusme wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:05 pm
So they are fleeing fires on the west coast, caused my forest mismanagement, which they blame on climate change. Only to move to a place where there are fires burning in local businesses, caused by a more radical group, endorsed by the same people responsible for the fires on the west coast. The stupidity is strong in this one.
No. They blame Trump! Because they never had fires before Trump.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!


K.Mooneyham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Vernon, Texas

Re: Our worst nightmare

#5

Post by K.Mooneyham » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:11 pm

OneGun wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:06 pm
Jusme wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:05 pm
So they are fleeing fires on the west coast, caused my forest mismanagement, which they blame on climate change. Only to move to a place where there are fires burning in local businesses, caused by a more radical group, endorsed by the same people responsible for the fires on the west coast. The stupidity is strong in this one.
No. They blame Trump! Because they never had fires before Trump.
I know you're being facetious. However, for anyone stupid enough to actually think that, I offer this line from The Door's classic rock track "LA Woman" into evidence:

"I see your hair is burning, hills are full of fire"

So, they've had fires out there since at least the 60s.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 25947
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Our worst nightmare

#6

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:51 pm

K.Mooneyham wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:11 pm
OneGun wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:06 pm
Jusme wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:05 pm
So they are fleeing fires on the west coast, caused my forest mismanagement, which they blame on climate change. Only to move to a place where there are fires burning in local businesses, caused by a more radical group, endorsed by the same people responsible for the fires on the west coast. The stupidity is strong in this one.
No. They blame Trump! Because they never had fires before Trump.
I know you're being facetious. However, for anyone stupid enough to actually think that, I offer this line from The Door's classic rock track "LA Woman" into evidence:

"I see your hair is burning, hills are full of fire"

So, they've had fires out there since at least the 60s.
I dealt very personally with forest fires in California in the 1960s. One of them nearly burned my house down, and did burn down some of the homes nearby ours. And THAT was when the forests were being properly managed. Anyone who thinks this is a recent phenomenon due to climate change is dreaming. Forests actually NEED fires in order to remain healthy; but when the forests are badly managed, the scope and results of the fires become catastrophic. And responsibility for THAT falls squarely on the eco-nazis who thought they could browbeat productive people into compliance with their schemes.
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.


srothstein
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4504
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Luling, TX

Re: Our worst nightmare

#7

Post by srothstein » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:23 pm

I would not call her stupid necessarily, but she has a different definition of land-locked than I do, considering the Mississippi River runs through Minneapolis and then all the way to New Orleans. She is also leaving because she doesn't like the weather extremes (20 year mega-drought and resulting fires). I guess she doesn't consider blizzards extreme weather.

But better Minneapolis than anywhere close to Texas.
Steve Rothstein

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 25947
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Our worst nightmare

#8

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:30 am

srothstein wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:23 pm
I would not call her stupid necessarily, but she has a different definition of land-locked than I do, considering the Mississippi River runs through Minneapolis and then all the way to New Orleans. She is also leaving because she doesn't like the weather extremes (20 year mega-drought and resulting fires). I guess she doesn't consider blizzards extreme weather.

But better Minneapolis than anywhere close to Texas.
This ^^^
• Give me Liberty or I'll get up and get it myself.
• I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.
• My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.
• Independent Minarchist.

User avatar

Rafe
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Htown

Re: Our worst nightmare

#9

Post by Rafe » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:08 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:30 am
srothstein wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:23 pm
I would not call her stupid necessarily, but she has a different definition of land-locked than I do, considering the Mississippi River runs through Minneapolis and then all the way to New Orleans. She is also leaving because she doesn't like the weather extremes (20 year mega-drought and resulting fires). I guess she doesn't consider blizzards extreme weather.

But better Minneapolis than anywhere close to Texas.
This ^^^
But we do occasionally get some stand-up, stellar, deserve-to-be Texans immigrating from California. ;-)
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar


Sport Coach
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Washington, UT

Re: Our worst nightmare

#10

Post by Sport Coach » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:08 pm

My niece who graduated within the last year from Humboldt State University in northern CA (bluest of the blue universities) with a degree in environmental sciences states emphatically that California has fire problems from extremely poor preventive fire management for decades. She went into college leaning left thanks to her mother's perspectives and after seeing decision making in California, graduated a conservative. One for the good guys!
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides


NotRPB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1213
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 8:24 am

Re: Our worst nightmare

#11

Post by NotRPB » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:31 pm

Require electric cars ... during fire season, turn off electricity needed for car charging to prevent fires ...declare mandatory evacuations ... watch people try to escape fires on foot.
:roll:

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”