Re: The Pope

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 6

Post by philip964 »

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/ ... tribution/

New Pope calls for global wealth redistribution.

Not speaking from the chair.

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Pope has resigned!!

Post by ELB »

philip964 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:28 pm https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/ ... tribution/

New Pope calls for global wealth redistribution.

Great. Start with the Vatican accounts.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 6

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/04/business ... index.html

Capitalism has failed in the pandemic says the Pope Francis.

He might consider how the church fairs under communism.

The attached picture is a pullitizer prize winning photograph. A priest gives last rites to a simple farmer who refused to work for Castro. He shortly after was murdered by those men under orders from Che Guevara. You know the guy whose picture Obama stood in front of on his historic visit to Cuba.
Attachments
D535D615-A1DA-47E2-9F31-315BFB7953A6.jpeg

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

Some would argue that Catholicism has failed under francis... He'd be better served to minister to his flock than play politician.

And many alter boys would argue that children's basic human rights were taken willingly and knowingly by the Catholic church under the last several popes.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Oh man, I thought this thread revival was going to be about Francis' resignation. :grumble
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

C-dub wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:27 am Oh man, I thought this thread revival was going to be about Francis' resignation. :grumble
Yep, took a minute to scan through, and then my hopes were dashed. While I am not a Catholic, I understand the weight of such a large religious organization and its leader...and in the same vein as an earlier comment, the current Pope is more of a leftist politician than the spiritual leader of the Catholic Church.

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

philip964 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:18 am https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/04/business ... index.html

Capitalism has failed in the pandemic says the Pope Francis.

He might consider how the church fairs under communism.

The attached picture is a pullitizer prize winning photograph. A priest gives last rites to a simple farmer who refused to work for Castro. He shortly after was murdered by those men under orders from Che Guevara. You know the guy whose picture Obama stood in front of on his historic visit to Cuba.
https://www.pulitzer.org/winners/andrew-lopez
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

flechero wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:38 am Some would argue that Catholicism has failed under francis... He'd be better served to minister to his flock than play politician.

And many alter boys would argue that children's basic human rights were taken willingly and knowingly by the Catholic church under the last several popes.
The Catholic church is not the leader in pedophilia. Have you been paying attention to the news lately? Throw rocks in the right direction please. Remember Epstein and his plane loads of celebrities and politicians?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

flechero

Post by flechero »

anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:00 am
flechero wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:38 am Some would argue that Catholicism has failed under francis... He'd be better served to minister to his flock than play politician.

The Catholic church is not the leader in pedophilia. Have you been paying attention to the news lately? Throw rocks in the right direction please. Remember Epstein and his plane loads of celebrities and politicians?
Squirrel!! :lol: Epstien is today's biggest news story but the catholic church is miles ahead of him in abuse. While epstien may have been a horrible man, he doesn't hold a candle to the 40+ year reign of terror that the catholic church held on kids. Thousands of kids over decades. I don't know epstien but I was brought up in catholic churches with abusive priests... my rocks are landing where they are supposed to.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

every time i see this thread...as a Catholic i am thinking YEAH he is gone...he has been a disgrace and has driven many of us away from the church, not GOD. his policies are off the chart insane, but he is a politician and practices the DO as I say not as I do mantra.

maybe he will see this and LEAVE
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

flechero wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:28 am
anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:00 am

Squirrel!! :lol: Epstien is today's biggest news story but the catholic church is miles ahead of him in abuse. While epstien may have been a horrible man, he doesn't hold a candle to the 40+ year reign of terror that the catholic church held on kids. Thousands of kids over decades. I don't know epstien but I was brought up in catholic churches with abusive priests... my rocks are landing where they are supposed to.
One in 10 children will be sexually molested by the time they graduate from public schools. Pedophilia is rampant. It is not a Catholic problem. It is a problem whether the religious affiliation is Protestant, muslim, or atheist.

https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11 ... hild-abuse

http://www.d2l.org/wp-content/uploads/2 ... nitude.pdf

I'm sorry for your experience. I am a cradle Catholic and my experience is vastly different. I certainly hope that your disgust of pedophilia is just as strong against all child sex abuse. If you really want to open your eyes, investigate the relationship between homosexuality and child sex abuse. The issue in the Catholic church exploded right after Vatican II when there was a huge number of homosexuals admitted to seminaries. I will probably get reprimanded for this but so be it. The truth is the truth.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

flechero

The Pope

Post by flechero »

Thankfully I wasn't one of them... but saw the destruction first hand.

strogg

Post by strogg »

For me, it isn't the problem with pedophilia or any other illegal activities within the church. Every organization has their small share of bad apples. The bigger the organization, the more bad apples there will be. That's just the way it is with everything. My problem against the church is how they handled it. It was not justice, but more complacency with sweeping things under a rug. Twice. It happened twice. Now with the political pulpit that the Vatican has taken up, it made it even worse. I don't care if they are on my side or not, it's not right to bring politics into the church. The nail in the coffin was when I audited a church out of the Lewisville area. I forgot which church it was, but the entire sermon was railing against Obamacare. If I wanted to hear that, I'd listen to a conservative talk show in my free time. Simple as that.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I have been a Catholic my entire life. Attended Catholic schools for my early education, have an aunt who is a nun.

Pope Francis lost me when he said that walls around countries are "evil". This while he was, and is, the leader of a country that has a wall around it's entire border. I am not sure how to respect someone who says that he chooses to lead a country that he believes is "evil" and who chooses every day to keep doing "evil" by not tearing down his border wall.

Return to “Off-Topic”