The growing threat from White Supremacists

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Paladin
Posts in topic: 7

Re: The growing threat from White Supremacists

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 20

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/24/us/d ... roups.html

Far right groups responsible for most terrorist attacks in US says NYT.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

That report/article is total bull, as evidenced by this:
Of the five fatal attacks this year, the report attributed...one in Austin, Texas, to a man described as a “far-right extremist”
They are talking about SGT Perry legally defending himself against a BLM rioter who threatened him with an AK-47. That is literally one of the report's examples the NYT and Center for Strategic and International Studies are quoting for a "Far-Right Group...U.S. Terrorist Attacks"

Except it was BLM who was the US Terror group and SGT Perry was a citizen who was being attacked by said terror group.

The report counts 41 “White supremacist group ...terrorist plots and attacks” but discounts the 600 BLM Riots In 220 Locations. Because the BLM isn't a group? Because BLM aren't terrorists? or because:

:anamatedbanana
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/police-michigan- ... 41016.html

Michigan a hot bed of armed far right wing groups.

I’m sure people in Michigan read about that everyday in their local news.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

"We're Going To Make Sure Trump Leaves": Leftists Plan To Storm DC After Election
...Quite how the group is going to make Trump leave the White House on election day is somewhat baffling, given that even if he loses he doesn’t have to officially leave office until next year.

The extremist group is planning to block highways, shut down ports and occupy state capitols if Trump “tries to steal the election” (ie wins it), while also vowing to harass members of Congress at their own homes.

“We’ll meet them at the train station or the airports or if they drive into town we can meet them at their homes,” states the group.

Bragging about how mobs of leftists protested outside Sen. Lindsay Graham’s (R-SC) house before sunrise, the organization is conducting “mass rebellion training” in the event of Trump attempting a “coup”.

If a right-wing group had published such a manifesto, it would be nationally demonized as a domestic terrorist outfit and face immediate federal investigation.

As it is, Shut Down DC’s call to arms has received virtually no mainstream media attention whatsoever.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/the-possibility- ... 56171.html

Real world harm is high, experts warn of violence from Q anon around the election.

I worry every night from QAnon causing violence. After all they are QAnon. Q - top secret clearance. Anon - anonymous

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/a-global-conspir ... 03985.html

Archbishop pushes QAnon themes in letter to Trump.

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MaduroBU »

Five fatalities were caused by domestic terrorism in the first eight months of this year, compared with the past five years, in which total fatalities ranged from 22 people to 66.
I think that this might be the most important sentence in the NYT article. Perhaps the greatest evil of social and mass media is the ability of fringe idiots from both sides to shape the national discourse. They're tiny in number, they do violence and dangerous stuff, they are idiots, but most important, they are not representative of people who just want to live their lives. The end result of people only talking to others who think as they do is violence. The end result of people talking to people from "the other side" is terrifying amounts of agreement.

Anyone who can enumerate their political beliefs by stating their party allegiance has outsourced their thinking to a third party, which is irresponsible and dangerous. It's irresponsible because it is your job as a citizen in a republic to educate yourself, form an opinion and vote on it. It's dangerous because the people who are most likely to tell others exactly what to think are universally the least trustworthy on a personal and national level.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

MaduroBU wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:50 pm
Five fatalities were caused by domestic terrorism in the first eight months of this year, compared with the past five years, in which total fatalities ranged from 22 people to 66.
I think that this might be the most important sentence in the NYT article. Perhaps the greatest evil of social and mass media is the ability of fringe idiots from both sides to shape the national discourse. They're tiny in number, they do violence and dangerous stuff, they are idiots, but most important, they are not representative of people who just want to live their lives. The end result of people only talking to others who think as they do is violence. The end result of people talking to people from "the other side" is terrifying amounts of agreement.

Anyone who can enumerate their political beliefs by stating their party allegiance has outsourced their thinking to a third party, which is irresponsible and dangerous. It's irresponsible because it is your job as a citizen in a republic to educate yourself, form an opinion and vote on it. It's dangerous because the people who are most likely to tell others exactly what to think are universally the least trustworthy on a personal and national level.
This ^^, even though some would describe me as a fringe idiot.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/white-suprema ... 01579.html

White supremacists join police force to further their goals.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

So perhaps I'm stupid but I see some parallels between President Obama's rantings against guns and resulting ramp up of gun buying and the barrage of attacks on "whiteness" and an increase in white extremism. Please don't accuse me of conflating the two - I'm not. I'm simply observing that attempts to suppress something that shouldn't be suppressed can have the opposite effect. The conspiracy theory part of me believes that it is being on done on purpose. The idea is to get both sides mad at each other in a National passive-aggressive movement.

Continuous attempts have been made to convince the black community that the cops are out to get them. A friend of mine with biracial children has bought into the concept even though she is well educated. Critical Race Theory (CRT) and the resulting seminars like the one that was leaked from Coke are bound to bring out the latent extremist in some and drive them to start finding kindred spirits. Tell enough white people that they are hated and some of them are going to try to strike back. I've looked at the CRT materials. There is no middle ground. I feel very fortunate to no longer be in the corporate world where attending a meeting where this trash is presented could be mandatory. I'm not sure that I would have tolerated it in my youth and I sure wouldn't now.

The Democrats are famous for unintended consequences. I'm reminded of the main character in the Stephen King book "Firestarter". She ran out of places to quench her "gift" when it got out.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

chasfm11 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:40 am So perhaps I'm stupid but I see some parallels between President Obama's rantings against guns and resulting ramp up of gun buying and the barrage of attacks on "whiteness" and an increase in white extremism. Please don't accuse me of conflating the two - I'm not. I'm simply observing that attempts to suppress something that shouldn't be suppressed can have the opposite effect. The conspiracy theory part of me believes that it is being on done on purpose. The idea is to get both sides mad at each other in a National passive-aggressive movement.

Continuous attempts have been made to convince the black community that the cops are out to get them. A friend of mine with biracial children has bought into the concept even though she is well educated. Critical Race Theory (CRT) and the resulting seminars like the one that was leaked from Coke are bound to bring out the latent extremist in some and drive them to start finding kindred spirits. Tell enough white people that they are hated and some of them are going to try to strike back. I've looked at the CRT materials. There is no middle ground. I feel very fortunate to no longer be in the corporate world where attending a meeting where this trash is presented could be mandatory. I'm not sure that I would have tolerated it in my youth and I sure wouldn't now.

The Democrats are famous for unintended consequences. I'm reminded of the main character in the Stephen King book "Firestarter". She ran out of places to quench her "gift" when it got out.
It's a "Divide and conquer" strategy: Critical Race Theory Is A Classic Communist Divide-And-Conquer Tactic
The tragedy is thus reduced to nothing but a vehicle for a power grab by elitists in the circles of academia, media, and Big Tech. Ironically, those power elites are vastly and disproportionately white and in it for their gain. So, rather than serve as a balm for healing, critical race theory has proven to be poisonous to liberty, true community, and our common humanity.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:58 am This ^^, even though some would describe me as a fringe idiot.
You might be fringe, but you’re no idiot.
"rlol"
NRA lifetime member

Rafe
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rafe »

This really has no bearing on anything, but when the news story broke that Grenita Lathan would leave the Houston Independent School District to take the superintendent position in Springfield, Missouri, they displayed some demographic information comparing Texas's largest school district to Springfield's, which is only about 1/10th the size. What caught my eye--and that I had to go to the HISD website to confirm--was what they showed regarding demographics and ethnicity. It doesn't look like the 2019-2020 summary has been uploaded yet, but here's 2018-2019 as a PDF file.

I'm proud that HISD is the 7th largest school district in the nation, and the most diverse. And I would say that the distribution of students enrolled offers an approximate look-ahead distribution of the adult population, say, a decade hence. As far as the actual majority/minority breakdown:
  1. Hispanic/Latino: 62.11% of all students
  2. African American: 23.38%
  3. White: 8.86%
  4. Asian: 4.19%
  5. Identifying as bi- or multi-racial: 1.24%
  6. American Indian/Alaskan Native: 0.17%
  7. Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: 0.06%
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Using your HISD percentages as a basis. Mainstream TV seems to not have many Hispanics.

They are a much bigger part of the population than what is represented on CBS ABC NBC and Fox.

I thought well they have the Spanish language stations. But their are stations for other groups as well.

Hispanics are really under represented on TV, by a wide margin, commercials too.

But interestingly there are no exclusive channels for my race.

Would that be supremacist?

Or is that why when someone has a choice, like Ex-princes Megan ( so so sad for her ) you never say your my race.

Return to “Off-Topic”