The growing threat from White Supremacists

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Re: The growing threat from White Supremacists

Post by srothstein »

Rafe wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:25 pmI'm proud that HISD is the 7th largest school district in the nation, and the most diverse. And I would say that the distribution of students enrolled offers an approximate look-ahead distribution of the adult population, say, a decade hence. As far as the actual majority/minority breakdown:
  1. Hispanic/Latino: 62.11% of all students
  2. African American: 23.38%
  3. White: 8.86%
  4. Asian: 4.19%
  5. Identifying as bi- or multi-racial: 1.24%
  6. American Indian/Alaskan Native: 0.17%
  7. Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: 0.06%
You are making a serious error if you think this will ever be true of the future adult population, either in Houston or Texas or the US. To project this onto a larger population you made the faulty assumption that the children are representative of the entire population. This is not true for a few reasons, such as the fact the Houston ISD is an inner city school district and the population of it does not even represent all of the population of the city of Houston, that many of the upper class or upper middle class students in the area covered by Houston ISD attend private schools and not the public schools in the ISD, and that there has been "white flight" to the suburbs for several decades now, meaning the Houston city population is not representative of the Harris County population, let alone the Texas or US populations.

My personal prediction is that one of two things will happen in the future. Either we will stop playing this stupid numbers game and tracking "race" or "ethnicity" because it only contributes to the problems of discrimination or we will see an explosion of population that claims to be bi-racial or multi-racial as society starts accepting that there is no reason to not mix the races. Given the generally growing acceptance of this IMO, I predict this will occur soon and then after the majority starts claiming multi-racial, people will stop counting race.
Steve Rothstein

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Well, I'm not making any specific projections; I only said that it might be an approximate look-ahead. And, you're right, that broad-brush may be massively in error for the reasons you mentioned.

But two things. First is that HISD really isn't solely an inner-city school district. It covers the majority of the entire geographic area contained within Beltway 8 (district map here as a PDF), an area about 50% larger than the City of Dallas.

Second is that the City of Houston proper, inverse to your assumptions, evidently has a larger "white" population than Harris County as a whole according to a September 2019 pre-2020 census evaluation by the Brookings Institute:

City of Houston
  • Hispanic/Latino: 37.6%
  • White: 35.6%
  • African American: 17.0%
  • Asian: 8%
  • American Indian/Alaskan Native: 0.2%
  • Identifying as bi- or multi-racial: 1.5%
Harris County
  • Hispanic/Latino: 43.3%
  • White: 29.1%
  • African American: 18.8%
  • Asian: 7.3%
  • American Indian/Alaskan Native: 0.2%
  • Identifying as bi- or multi-racial: 1.4%
The actual U.S. Census estimate for July 2019 shows, for Harris County:
  • Hispanic/Latino: 43.7%
  • White: 28.7%
  • African American: 20.0%
  • Asian: 7.3%
  • American Indian/Alaskan Native: 1.1%
  • Identifying as bi- or multi-racial: 1.4%
For the 2000 and 2010 census enumerations, the government didn't precisely bifurcate "white" and "Hispanic." But they do offer a line item for "Persons of Hispanic or Latino Origin. For Harris County, Hispanic or Latino origin: 2000, 32.93%; 2010, 40.84%.

Of course I wasn't suggesting the "white" population would drop to 9%. But that segment of the demographic is contracting year over year while others are expanding.
My personal prediction is that one of two things will happen in the future. Either we will stop playing this stupid numbers game and tracking "race" or "ethnicity" because it only contributes to the problems of discrimination or we will see an explosion of population that claims to be bi-racial or multi-racial as society starts accepting that there is no reason to not mix the races. Given the generally growing acceptance of this IMO, I predict this will occur soon and then after the majority starts claiming multi-racial, people will stop counting race.
Unfortunately, I fear we may be going in precisely the opposite direction. And not only by pressure from radicalization. Our own system of government and education is absolutely promoting it...not just promoting it, but determining entitlements based upon it. No "community organizer" in the country would ever encourage people leave a blank or indicate "mixed race" on their census forms. The mantra instead is "underserved representation." There also isn't, I don't believe, a high school counselor who would encourage a student to leave off from a college or scholarship application that they are a minority or bi-racial minority. After all, this is how we ended up with the popular (and popularly encouraged) impression that Kamala Harris grew up amid poverty and systemic racial oppression to nevertheless become the first African American Vice President of the United States...when in fact she's the daughter of a Stanford University professor emeritus of economics who arrived in California from British Jamaica in 1961, and Shyamala Gopalan, a Ph.D. biomedical scientist and professor from Chennai, India. Kamala didn't grow up in inner-city housing on welfare and food stamps; she grew up on college campuses.

The events of the past 18 months, I think, have clearly shown that there is no interest in unity and equality...at least not among the elites driving the train. They grow their power by divisiveness, by the fact that the "flyover country" demographics of the United States don't look like the big cities, by preaching that only by making big government even bigger can racial wrongs be righted and everyone get what they're entitled to. In the 2010 federal census, only two of the nation's 10 largest cities showed a "minority" population of under 60% (Phoenix and San Diego). Houston showed the largest minority population with 74.4%, followed by San Antonio (73.4%), Los Angeles and San Jose (tied at 71.3%), and Dallas at 71.2%. Those are big voting block disparities.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

it would be nice if we could stop talking about the things that divide us and start talking about the things that unite us against the common oppressors of government.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Actually, looking past the surface of the conversation, we are talking about the common oppressor. I agree with Rafe that the elites running things definitely will fight (with propaganda and their other "non-violent" tools) anyone trying to do away with or minimize race. We just have to realize that one of the reasons we are so divided is that the government and those controlling it know that if they keep us divided, they win. My point is that they are actually fighting a losing battle in the long term because the insistence on mixing schools and encouraging kids to be with people of other races will lead to race being done away with as a dividing factor. The really weird part is that they race-baiters are going back to the claims of the old South and saying that any black blood makes you black, which is how they get away with Harris being the Black Female Vice President and Obama being the Black President - Harris is as Indian as Black and Obama is as White as he is Black).

If I have my way with these claims, my bi-racial granddaughter who thinks of herself as Jewish is going to get a lot of free stuff and hands up from the liberal idiots.
Steve Rothstein

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Rafe wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:25 pm This really has no bearing on anything, but when the news story broke that Grenita Lathan would leave the Houston Independent School District to take the superintendent position in Springfield, Missouri, they displayed some demographic information comparing Texas's largest school district to Springfield's, which is only about 1/10th the size. What caught my eye--and that I had to go to the HISD website to confirm--was what they showed regarding demographics and ethnicity. It doesn't look like the 2019-2020 summary has been uploaded yet, but here's 2018-2019 as a PDF file.

I'm proud that HISD is the 7th largest school district in the nation, and the most diverse. And I would say that the distribution of students enrolled offers an approximate look-ahead distribution of the adult population, say, a decade hence. As far as the actual majority/minority breakdown:
  1. Hispanic/Latino: 62.11% of all students
  2. African American: 23.38%
  3. White: 8.86%
  4. Asian: 4.19%
  5. Identifying as bi- or multi-racial: 1.24%
  6. American Indian/Alaskan Native: 0.17%
  7. Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: 0.06%
It may forecast the adult population that 1) lives in Houston proper, and 2) doesn't send their kids to private school.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

And as for real threats from white supremacists, every time I go to Walmart I am reminded that some stupid, homicidal, white supremacist drove all the way from from Allen to El Paso so he could kill people who look like my son. So yeah, I keep an eye out for threats from white supremacists, among other things. There are plenty of idiots to go around, some of them dumb enough to be dangerous.

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

J.R.@A&M wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:25 am And as for real threats from white supremacists, every time I go to Walmart I am reminded that some stupid, homicidal, white supremacist drove all the way from from Allen to El Paso so he could kill people who look like my son. So yeah, I keep an eye out for threats from white supremacists, among other things. There are plenty of idiots to go around, some of them dumb enough to be dangerous.
I agree that we should keep an eye on all threats. But I also believe in knowing where the real threats are. In El Paso, is your son more likely to be shot by a White Supremacist, or someone in a gang that looks more like he does? I grew up in Arkansas. Threats to my safety in my neighborhood looked more like I did than a black or Hispanic person. If I went to certain other areas threats were more than likely black. Parts of Little Rock or Pine Bluff for example. When I lived in Louisiana, going to New Orleans meant that threats were both black and white. If I go to the south side of San Antonio, threats to me there are probably Hispanic. None of that stopped me from going to those areas. It didn't stop me from having black or Hispanic friends. It didn't make me paranoid or have an irrational fear of anyone of another race. I tried to keep an appropriate level of situational awareness.

This hype about white supremacism is a way to demonize the right, with the full of crap claims that conservatives are racists.

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ed4032 »

I never really hear much about this at the meetings. Just saying.....

Just kidding...
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

clarionite wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:02 pm
J.R.@A&M wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:25 am And as for real threats from white supremacists, every time I go to Walmart I am reminded that some stupid, homicidal, white supremacist drove all the way from from Allen to El Paso so he could kill people who look like my son. So yeah, I keep an eye out for threats from white supremacists, among other things. There are plenty of idiots to go around, some of them dumb enough to be dangerous.
I agree that we should keep an eye on all threats. But I also believe in knowing where the real threats are. In El Paso, is your son more likely to be shot by a White Supremacist, or someone in a gang that looks more like he does? I grew up in Arkansas. Threats to my safety in my neighborhood looked more like I did than a black or Hispanic person. If I went to certain other areas threats were more than likely black. Parts of Little Rock or Pine Bluff for example. When I lived in Louisiana, going to New Orleans meant that threats were both black and white. If I go to the south side of San Antonio, threats to me there are probably Hispanic. None of that stopped me from going to those areas. It didn't stop me from having black or Hispanic friends. It didn't make me paranoid or have an irrational fear of anyone of another race. I tried to keep an appropriate level of situational awareness.

This hype about white supremacism is a way to demonize the right, with the full of crap claims that conservatives are racists.
Fair enough, on all points.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 20

Post by philip964 »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/secret-co ... es&via=rss

FBI used warrant less queries in NSA databases to hunt for white supremacists.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... community/

Popular culture being used to recruit extremists. Things like guns, border etc.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021/04 ... mamalitia/

Pro gun, anti vaccine - the Mamalicia

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/white-supremacy- ... 23811.html

The attorney general of the Xiden administration stated under oath today in front of congress that white supremacy is the top security threat facing the United States today.

Any one notice there are ‘70’s gas lines in the Eastern US today?

Paladin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:20 pm https://news.yahoo.com/white-supremacy- ... 23811.html

The attorney general of the Xiden administration stated under oath today in front of congress that white supremacy is the top security threat facing the United States today.

Any one notice there are ‘70’s gas lines in the Eastern US today?
Yeah, they can't do anything about the pipeline or hacking, the FBI spends $3 Billion per year to manufacture terrorism in the US while violating the law and our rights and ignore the leftist street thugs who caused over 18 deaths and $2 billion in nationwide rioting and looting damage

These are the people who need to be defunded and resign.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/dhs-warns-law-en ... 40104.html

Anti Semitic attacks on the rise DHS issues warning after the fact.

Those MAGA bois planning more attack on democracy again.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Return to “Off-Topic”