post-election reflection

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Re: post-election reflection

Post by parabelum »

MaduroBU wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:40 am
the last time we saw the true nature of bipartisanship immediately after when every Washington politician joined hands in solidarity against a national enemy.
To be fair, that lasted like 6 months.
Yes exactly, the “United we Stand” bumper stickers. Haven’t seen too many in the last few years.

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NotRPB »

I'm anxious to see the Presidential Election results after that election happens ... on December 14th 2020
Google it ...
Dec. 14, 2020 : Electors vote by paper ballot in their respective states and the District of Columbia to elect the President of the United States
After the election (Dec 14th) , we'll know who was elected.

Until then the #FakeNews is just JibberJabber Speculation & guessing

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Grayling813 »

It's not "post election" until the election is officially declared over. Just because FAUX NEWS and the rest of the leftist media declare Biden won and the election is over doesn't make it so.

In other news.....

A Trucker Strike in November Could Be Another Nail in the Supply Chain Coffin
Rumor has it that a large number of independent truckers are planning multiple strikes in November during which they’ll stop transporting…well, everything. Considering that our supply chain is already in precariously bad shape, imagine the impact if transport also came to a halt.
Here’s how it’s being organized.

There’s a group on Facebook (for now – we all know how it goes on Facebook) called Stop the Tires Truckers that is organizing the strike. As of the writing of this article, more than 15,000 people had joined the newly formed group.

Here’s their message (and I’m also posting a screenshot in case it gets removed.) Note that they are specifically asking truckers who transport medical supplies not to participate.

Our message is simple and hopefully effective. We fully intend to exercise our rights, and will not have politicians making crippling decisions, that will negatively affect our future and the future of our children.

President Trump has worked diligently for four long years to protect the rights and freedoms of all Americans, and very importantly the blue-collar workers of this country. The blue-collar workers are literally the ones that make the wheels turn! Without truck drivers this country could not survive for long. Our intention is not to harm anyone. We would like to make a point that we do NOT wish for any companies or private truck drivers, supplying any kind of medical supplies and/or services, to participate in our movement.

We will not participate in the leftist, Biden/Harris Green New Deal. We do not support the banning of _______. The United States of America operates as a capitalistic economy and OIL is the fuel she survives on. With this being said, we will STOP ALL TIRES for 24 hours on Veterans Day 11/11/20. If this is not effective and our leaders do not respect that blue-collar truck drivers are having to face domestic terrorism, primarily in democrat run cities all over the United States, and that we do not support the banning of _______ in any way, then we will have our second STOP OF TIRES for FOUR full days 11/26/20-11/29/20.

We are calling for all patriots to share this all over the country. We may not last long on Facebook, but please do not be deterred, and continue to share this on any social media or other outlets, that you have available to you.

Thank you & God Bless America
As of this morning, Fakebook hasn't taken down the page. There are now over 36,000 who have joined the group.

The ever cynical side of me says it may be fake or a red flag if Fakebook has allowed it to stay up.

Look around your house or office right now...see anything that didn't go from its point of origin to where you got it that didn't involve a truck? Your food, your furniture, your medicines, your ammo. As much as truckers often annoy me on the highways, I recognize that without them hauling the goods we need and want I'm gonna get mighty hungry.

dhoobler
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dhoobler »

Real Clear Politics has pulled Pennsylvania for Biden. His electoral count is now 259, below the 270 threshold. There are four states yet to be called:

Arizona - 11 electoral votes - Biden +14,746
Georgia - 16 electoral votes - Biden +12.291
North Carolina - 15 electoral votes - Trump +74,821
Pennsylvania - 20 electoral votes - Biden +46,256

Biden needs one of these states, Trump needs all of them. Votes are still being counted in Arizona and Georgia. Pennsylvania might be heard by SCOTUS relating to the fact the the state supreme court changed the rules, contrary to Article II, section 1 of the US Constitution.

The election is over when the Secretaries of State of each state certifies the election, the winner of each state is determined and the electoral votes are cast in December. It is not over when Fox News says its over.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/how-trump-fumble ... 28870.html

Trump fumbled corona virus and sabotaged his re-election.

Trump received more votes than Obama ever did.

I believe his open the country policy was correct, but I believe his anti mask policy was wrong.

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

philip964 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:31 am https://news.yahoo.com/how-trump-fumble ... 28870.html

Trump fumbled corona virus and sabotaged his re-election.

Trump received more votes than Obama ever did.

I believe his open the country policy was correct, but I believe his anti mask policy was wrong.
I don't believe he fumbled it at all. The left didn't know how to deal with him last time. They played right into his campaign by trying to trash him all the time. They gave him more TV time than any other candidate. He didn't have to spend nearly as much as any other candidate, and they kept the focus on things he was talking about. They learned from their unintentional help. They decided to change it, they did the opposite. They hammered him on everything, whether it was correct or not. They censored anything that could be harmful to their candidate, and threw all these "Fact Checks" up. If they couldn't lie enough to say it was false, they would say it's misleading. They changed the language, as they do in their fight against our rights. I can't tell you any time I hear a news report about the discrepancies found in the election or in the flat out illegal activities that the announcer doesn't say "Trump's Unfounded Accusations of voter fraud". Trump campaigned the way he did last time, they were just ready for him. In more than one way.

It's very scary to see the capabilities they have now. Republican, Democrat or Independent... You should be afraid, very afraid. George Orwell and Orson Wells are probably screaming from their graves "I tried to warn you, but you wouldn't listen"

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Note how disgraceful Cavuto cuts off the Pres. Secretary just a minute into her press conference stating that he can’t cover that because it isn’t proven...huh? For 4 years you’ve pushed phony stories against Trump and the American Patriots you darned liar you. :mad5
Note how he’s calling the Pres. Secretary “she” with that snarky undertone.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/live-u ... ing-states

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Post by srothstein »

I think Trump made three strategic errors that cost him the election. One is long term and two that occurred during the campaign. I don't think it was sabotage because that implies intent and I do believe it was just mistakes.

The first mistake was his behavior for the past three years. His constant tweeting and putting down people alienated a lot of the population. I understand why he did it (he is basically a New Yorker and this is how they act), historically it has worked for him. If you get the other guy mad, he makes mistakes. This did work for Trump as President and help him in political battles too, but it alienated a lot of people and the media used it to attack him. The overall results of the election (Republicans only lost one seat in the Senate and gained seats in the house) show that a lot of the people who voted against Trump for personal reasons. I will admit that I do not like Trump as a person, but I have always tried to separate people's personal behavior from their work behavior.

The second mistake was his behavior during the first debate. Again, it worked but it alienated a lot of the public. I think this was a strategic mistake also because if he had let Biden speak without interruption, I can almost guarantee Biden would have said something very stupid that could be used against him.

And the final mistake was holding onto the Hunter Biden material too long. This might not be a mistake as I don't know when they really got it and I could see trying to not use it. But if this had been released before early voting started for anyone, I think it would have made more of an impact.

I do not have a very good history as a political analyst, so I could be wrong. But those are the mistakes I see that made the biggest difference in the election. And if we are lucky, even that won't be enough to make him lose. But I am not putting a lot of faith in the recounts.
Steve Rothstein

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

“ Texas Gov. Greg Abbott Doesn’t Acknowledge Joe Biden Win, Calls for Recounts to Continue”

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election ... -continue/

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

All of you who are comforting yourselves with the thought that Joe can't do anything without the Senate and the House need to rethink it.
Consider:
The president is in charge of the military and federal law enforcement.
Boarder wall? Biden will tear it down by executive order.
INS, Customs, Boarder patrol? Told to stand down.
We will see a wave of illegal immigrants that will flood the boarder cities and spread out throughout the nation.
With Harris / Biden people in charge of the IRS, it will make Lois Lerner's crimes look like jaywalking.
Get ready for audits and investigations of the NRA, CCTKBA, GOA, SAF, etc. There will be show trials. People will be jailed.
Think the ATF's flip flopping on pistol braces was bad? Wait until all companies that sell ammo and parts by mail order get "Audited" and shut down.
Then there is the election of 2022.
If you think the cheating in 2020 was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet.
With no-one penalized and all the results solidified, the same folks will be encouraged beyond anything you can imagine.
There will be a red wave that will reduce the remaining GOP to a tiny minority.
As the head of the senate, Chuck will do exactly what he's been promising: End the filibuster, pack the supreme court, statehood for DC and Puerto Rico, confiscatory taxes, end _______ and that's just the first month.
I know we all like to talk about losing everything in a boating accident and it is funny (Well, was funny) but I promise you that Beto's storm troopers will not find it funny as they rip apart your house looking for everything you ever put on a 4473 for the last 20 years.
Not only will Beto be coming for your AR-15s, your AK-47s, but Hillary will be coming for your 401K and AOC for your private property.

This is not a country I want to live in, so I pray that Trump wins the lawsuits and recounts and then goes after the fraudsters and makes them pay such a price that no one ever considers cheating in an election again.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

Chemist45 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:52 pm All of you who are comforting yourselves with the thought that Joe can't do anything without the Senate and the House need to rethink it.
Consider:
We will see a wave of illegal immigrants that will flood the boarder cities and spread out throughout the nation.
With Harris / Biden people in charge of the IRS, it will make Lois Lerner's crimes look like jaywalking.
Get ready for audits and investigations of the NRA, CCTKBA, GOA, SAF, etc. There will be show trials. People will be jailed.
Think the ATF's flip flopping on pistol braces was bad? Wait until all companies that sell ammo and parts by mail order get "Audited" and shut down.
With no-one penalized and all the results solidified, the same folks will be encouraged beyond anything you can imagine.
As the head of the senate, Chuck will do exactly what he's been promising: End the filibuster, pack the supreme court, statehood for DC and Puerto Rico, confiscatory taxes, end _______ and that's just the first month.
I know we all like to talk about losing everything in a boating accident and it is funny (Well, was funny) but I promise you that Beto's storm troopers will not find it funny as they rip apart your house looking for everything you ever put on a 4473 for the last 20 years.
Not only will Beto be coming for your AR-15s, your AK-47s, but Hillary will be coming for your 401K and AOC for your private property.

This is not a country I want to live in, so I pray that Trump wins the lawsuits and recounts and then goes after the fraudsters and makes them pay such a price that no one ever considers cheating in an election again.
i like what you wrote

but the supreme court in so many words made executive orders LAW, when they struck down trump wanting to end the daca that was put in place via e.o. . so would republican challenge bidens E.O.s ?? to supreme court? not likely unless they change their spots real fast

biden giving beto the fake hispanic any powers to confiscate or rip downs one home would most assuredly result in mass casualties on both sides. it is an interesting thought process, one i pray we never get to.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

The problem is we have too many boarders. If we could close the borders and enable the border patrol to start deporting the boarders it would be a good start.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

RSX11 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:17 pm Well, if it does turn out finally that Biden wins, I look forward to saying "You wanted this" to my lefty associates, when the stock market plummets, unemployment goes up and Houston is crippled by the government deprecating the oil industry.
No leftist/Progressive/Democrat is going to accept responsibility for anything - ever. They cannot govern and have proven it. Do you remember what happened when they took the Presidency and had majorities in the House and Senate? The President went on a 4 year rampage blaming the ills of world on George Bush. Everything, to the point of nausea, was "Bush's fault" To be clear, I was not a fan in any way of Bush 43 and was even less of a fan of Bush 41. Both, however, were better than their rivals. I have no doubt that President Harris (if there is a President Biden, he will not serve out the first full year of his term - you heard it here first) will spend her first term viciously reminding everyone about the damage done by the Trump Presidency.

I would love to believe that the Electoral college results in a re-election of President Trump. I don't. Tucker Carlson, during his show on 11/09 laid out why that didn't happen. If you believe that as I do, it is difficult to imagine how we will ever have other than a Democrat/Progressive in the White House again because the forces that came to bear to make our current situation happen will be stronger in 2024.

Please allow me so digression. Mark Steyn on the Rush Limbaugh program yesterday talked about how we have made a joke out of voter fraud for decades. I'm guilty, too. The dead people voting in Chicago is legend. I firmly believe that we have similar situations in most big cities in this country. Free and fair elections are not happening. In the course of crime, petty criminals start out with stealing small things. Emboldened by not being caught, the level of crime escalates. Further emboldened by not being punished, crime escalates further. That we were still having hearings on the crimes committed in 2016 and without any significant indictments speaks volumes about how brazen those behind this year's fiasco have gotten and, now potentially getting away with on a National level, it will get even worse in the future. There is apparently little appetite on the part of Republicans to do anything more than happened in the Senate hearing. Perhaps it is because they cannot get any traction with the American people to create the kind of groundswell that it would take to start demanding change. Perhaps that will be different after this election - but i doubt it.

All that said, I was greatly inspired last night. I got a chance to hear Carter Page speak in person. It was not at all what I expected. My judgement is that he is just a regular guy like the rest of us who was suddenly thrust into the National spotlight by the corrupt Obama administration trying to find scapegoats to bolster their Russian collusion hoax. Page's life was destroyed and he has been and will continue to be in court over it. I regret to say that I would be bitter over that kind of experience. He isn't. He is humble and down to earth. He was specifically asked why he remains optimistic about this country. He said that his faith in God and that God is in control has guided him. I'm humbled by that response. If he can do it, I can too.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Chemist45 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:52 pm All of you who are comforting yourselves with the thought that Joe can't do anything without the Senate and the House need to rethink it.
Consider:

So, where is this army of "Beto stormtroopers" going to come from? Do you know how many armed Federal agents there are in the entire nation? About 100 thousand, that's all. That's spread out across every agency that arms some or all of their personnel, inc. the FBI, BATFE, DEA, IRS, Treasury, etc, etc. They have a vast number of tasks to do as it is. However, even if they were ALL told to stop what they are doing and do nothing but confiscate firearms, they still wouldn't have enough folks. Double their numbers. Still not enough. Can they cause huge amounts of pain and anguish? Sure they can. However, nothing would tick off more folks in this nation than some sort of crazy mass confiscation scheme. Folks that currently think of themselves as "moderates" and sit on the fence might take a dim view of house-to-house searches en mass. Besides, I truly think you are giving government agencies WAY more credit than they deserve.

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:55 am So, where is this army of "Beto stormtroopers" going to come from? Do you know how many armed Federal agents there are in the entire nation? About 100 thousand, that's all. That's spread out across every agency that arms some or all of their personnel, inc. the FBI, BATFE, DEA, IRS, Treasury, etc, etc. They have a vast number of tasks to do as it is. However, even if they were ALL told to stop what they are doing and do nothing but confiscate firearms, they still wouldn't have enough folks. Double their numbers. Still not enough. Can they cause huge amounts of pain and anguish? Sure they can. However, nothing would tick off more folks in this nation than some sort of crazy mass confiscation scheme. Folks that currently think of themselves as "moderates" and sit on the fence might take a dim view of house-to-house searches en mass. Besides, I truly think you are giving government agencies WAY more credit than they deserve.
That's not how it'll play out. Remember all the hype the past few years about how the White Supremacists are the biggest threat to America? How many incidents have you seen on the news about WS? If there had been, it would be all over the news non stop. I can count on one hand, how many I've heard of. And most of those were what I'd consider insane, not truly WS. My belief is that it's being ingrained into peoples psyche so that when anyone tries to stand off with them they're labeled WS. Instant public disdain. After a few reported incidents, you'll see them having your neighbors turn you in because they know you had guns. So you must be a WS. They won't just use ATF, they'll have NG along beside them. You'll see a few Waco's and Ruby Ridges. And seeing as we're not the ones antagonizing them, we won't be attacking back.

Return to “Off-Topic”