Open carry to protest the election

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
striker55
Posts in topic: 1

Open carry to protest the election

Post by striker55 »

I propose we all open carry to protest the election. I've ordered a new holster for my 1911 and will open carry.

Mike S

Re: Open carry to protest the election

Post by Mike S »

I carry a gun for self defense, not to posture or make a statement.

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

I've been open carrying anyway as of late.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Mike S wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:42 am I carry a gun for self defense, not to posture or make a statement.
:iagree:

cirus

Post by cirus »

I carry owb with my shirt untucked so I basically open carry. If I'm gonna protest its gonna be a long gun.

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

Lets don't give them a fresh look at a giant 2A target right now- they are fired up and already looking at "day one" targets.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

flechero wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:54 am Lets don't give them a fresh look at a giant 2A target right now- they are fired up and already looking at "day one" targets.
:iagree:
Next Texas legislative session Constitutional Carry is a big issue... why give "moms" any photographic/video "ammo" to use in hearings to claim they're intimidated

I carry owb with my shirt untucked too because with the covid staying home boredom and stress eating i'll reach 270 before Biden does

flechero

Post by flechero »

NotRPB wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:04 am with the covid staying home boredom and stress eating i'll reach 270 before Biden does
"rlol"
I have also put on the covid "19" and had to order a new belt. :shock:

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

The wonderful thing about the U.S.A. we have freedom to do what we want (within reason). However, I won't plan to sacrifice tactical advantage nor personal security to protest what we all know Biden (actually his handlers) will be coming for, our 2A rights. I'm also with striker55 that we must make our voices heard in whatever legal way we can.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

Mike S wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:42 am I carry a gun for self defense, not to posture or make a statement.
I agree!!! However, if the OP thinks it will make them feel better, carry on.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Sport Coach wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:31 am The wonderful thing about the U.S.A. we have freedom to do what we want (within reason). However, I won't plan to sacrifice tactical advantage nor personal security to protest what we all know Biden (actually his handlers) will be coming for, our 2A rights. I'm also with striker55 that we must make our voices heard in whatever legal way we can.

Protest the cheating and corruption in the election, CHECK.

Champion 2A rights, including OC, even if I don't, CHECK.

Combine the two unrelated causes and give the left a perfect opportunity to claim intimidation of one, with the other, and screw us on BOTH........ NO THANKS!

You are right in that they are coming for our 2A rights... but we will likely lose enough of them without purposely antagonizing them like the OC crowd did a few years ago. That action pushed public sentiment away from us, IMO.

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

flechero wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:54 am Lets don't give them a fresh look at a giant 2A target right now- they are fired up and already looking at "day one" targets.
It's already too late for that. They've been planning a host of focused 2A attacks since Day 1 of Trump's term in office.
At least 4 years of planning - that game plan is already in set in concrete. If you think not open carrying now will somehow shift that focus, please think again.

They don't care if whether we open carry or concealed carry - they're out to eliminate any personal defense choices.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

philip964

Post by philip964 »

No need, these three have your back.
Attachments
B784A386-2E70-4698-ADCE-052C8D326C56.jpeg
3E76AA12-DC55-4E8D-96C4-88D0E9E63ED1.jpeg

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 »

:iagree: I carry my S&W M&P9 M2.0 5" 17+1 openly in a Safariland 7TS ALS because that is the most effective and efficient way for me to carry in defense of myself and those for whom I care.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Ruark
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ruark »

Yeah, it's a nice thought, but nobody would connect it to the election.
-Ruark

Return to “Off-Topic”