Just found out my mother has covid

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Just found out my mother has covid

Post by MadMonkey »

I've been on multiple overseas flights and at least 4 countries and still haven't tested positive yet :cool: (maybe I had it earlier, who knows)

Meanwhile, in the carefully-controlled and quarantined Texas school system, my sister's entire family of six had it recently. Symptoms varied from loss of smell, loss of taste, tiredness, vomiting, etc... seems like it didn't hit anyone the same.

Hopefully my mom and grandmother don't end up with it, it would probably be bad :???:
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 10

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

J.R.@A&M wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:41 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:36 pm She is 77 but in very good health. Very active. She got her test results back yesterday. She thinks she has had it about a week so far. The only symptoms are a headache and tired. She lives in Rowlett which is experiencing a spike at the moment. Doctor told her she will be out of danger zone if no further symptoms show up in the next several days. Quarantined at home.

Anyone on the forum been tested positive yet or had close relatives in texas test positive?
My wife and two children tested positive (I was told with 100% reliability). I tested negative (was told with 85% reliability) and never had symptoms. We all quarantined at home for two weeks, with me off in the guest room. Two weeks later, their symptoms came and went (mostly mild -- wife was easily winded, and felt like crap for a few days with a fever). My son never showed any symptoms, which is probably how they all caught it (asymptomatic kid-to-kid). I never had symptoms and again tested negative at the end of our family quarantine. I still have no clue why I didn't catch it if it's so contagious.
I was at a customers house in July who told me his wife got it. They tested him and found he had the antibodies for it. That meant he was exposed and his system just kicked it right off. He said he never had any symptoms. His wife had flu like symptoms for about a week and then recovered just fine. Did you test for the antibodies or does the standard test show them if you have them?

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

I hope she gets better soon. My friends BOL passed away Thursday. My wife's cousin quarantined for 14 days and on day 15 he got a blood clot in his brain. Was placed in a comma, had 2 strokes and under went brain surgery to relieve the swelling. He is 34 and in good health. He has been making progress. I know so many people that had it, I loose count. Most just sick, but some sick as a dog for weeks and at least 1 other death. Oh! One elderly club member died of it.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Deitz83 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:27 pm I hope she gets better soon. My friends BOL passed away Thursday. My wife's cousin quarantined for 14 days and on day 15 he got a blood clot in his brain. Was placed in a comma, had 2 strokes and under went brain surgery to relieve the swelling. He is 34 and in good health. He has been making progress. I know so many people that had it, I loose count. Most just sick, but some sick as a dog for weeks and at least 1 other death. Oh! One elderly club member died of it.
I just remembered that last week my cousins son out in Kalifornia got it. He is 21 and experiencing no symptoms but has been quarantined. Between relatives and customers who I know have had it, the count has to be north of fifteen now. Of them i only have the one uncle that almost died from it. He is somewhere in his mid to late seventies so falls in the most at risk group. I have not been tested but I have been in no less than 150 homes since May and can't help but wonder if I have been exposed. Maybe I have been lucky. My local Tom Thumb grocery has mostly young "kids" working at it. By kids I mean under 25. They have yet to have any outbreak that I know of. It seems if anybody is going to get it, a person working in a grocery store setting would.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:36 pm She is 77 but in very good health. Very active. She got her test results back yesterday. She thinks she has had it about a week so far. The only symptoms are a headache and tired. She lives in Rowlett which is experiencing a spike at the moment. Doctor told her she will be out of danger zone if no further symptoms show up in the next several days. Quarantined at home.

Anyone on the forum been tested positive yet or had close relatives in texas test positive?
Mrs. Oldgringo and I are both goin' on 79 and I was tested negative back in June or thereabouts. We take our temps frequently, wash hands, hardly go to church or anywhere else and wear masks at social distancing when we do go out and we have shown no symptoms...thus far. We're tired of sitting on our butts and watching TV. We're saving on gasoline cost but it is driving up the liquor bill.

I'm really starting to wonder what the difference is between "tested positive" and "having it" is?

Be careful, y'all. There is a real bug out there.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I personally know six people who had it and recovered. Two in their 60's were really sick for about two weeks, but are fine now. I also know one person who died from Covid. They were terribly over weight and had some other health issues.

Prayers for a speedy recovery for your mom.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Post by parabelum »

Any news on your mom? Knock on wood there’s been nobody in my family with it, yet. But I do know friends who’ve had it. Seems to me there are multiple strains of this as it hits some people like a freight train while others may not even have a fever. And I’m not so sure it is all age or preexisting conditions related. There have been folks in their 70’s who made it just fine and ones in their 20s who died on the ventilator. Prayers again for your mom’s speedy recovery.

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 4

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Rob72 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:09 pm

My wife and two children tested positive (I was told with 100% reliability). I tested negative (was told with 85% reliability) and never had symptoms. We all quarantined at home for two weeks, with me off in the guest room. Two weeks later, their symptoms came and went (mostly mild -- wife was easily winded, and felt like crap for a few days with a fever). My son never showed any symptoms, which is probably how they all caught it (asymptomatic kid-to-kid). I never had symptoms and again tested negative at the end of our family quarantine. I still have no clue why I didn't catch it if it's so contagious.
There is a genetic component that we don't have a handle on yet. I'm curious- are you blood type O?
A
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Rob72 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:09 pm

There is a genetic component that we don't have a handle on yet. I'm curious- are you blood type O?
A

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:13 pm

I was at a customers house in July who told me his wife got it. They tested him and found he had the antibodies for it. That meant he was exposed and his system just kicked it right off. He said he never had any symptoms. His wife had flu like symptoms for about a week and then recovered just fine. Did you test for the antibodies or does the standard test show them if you have them?
I did the uncomfortable nose swab, which I don't think included an antibody test.

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

My son texted earlier today that he thinks he's got it. He was hunting with his Father In Law before Thanksgiving. His FIL has it now. He said he started feeling like he had a bad head cold today. He's a C130 Crew Chief out at Canon AFB. I told him he needed to go get tested before going into work. He said they're all quarantined from his crew now.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

I found out yesterday that Both my brothers have it and two nieces. The nieces are under 21 and hardly show symptoms. One brother is fine so far with light symptoms and the other had a few breathing issues they have him on meds for. One brother came down from Ohio and the rest of them all spent Thanksgiving together and all went out to eat together the day before. I had opted out of their super spreader event in Rowlett, THank God, and spent turkey day with my SIL, Daughter and grand daughter here in Plano. I don't know what they were thinking when they did all that together.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Several weeks ago from this past sunday, my girlfriend was feeling “off” (not bad just “off”), heavy sinus drainage, and no sense of smell. Due to her job (bartender) we thought the most responsible direction to take would be to get her tested. Of course it came back positive. We both quarantined for 14 days (together) and I never had even a remote symptom, as well as tested negative. She has fully recovered, and is back 100%. I did learn (naive of me to not know my blood type) that I am blood type O, which evidence has shown to be more resistant than other blood types. I would like to be tested for antibodies, but have not yet.

Return to “Off-Topic”