Just found out my mother has covid

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 10

Just found out my mother has covid

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

She is 77 but in very good health. Very active. She got her test results back yesterday. She thinks she has had it about a week so far. The only symptoms are a headache and tired. She lives in Rowlett which is experiencing a spike at the moment. Doctor told her she will be out of danger zone if no further symptoms show up in the next several days. Quarantined at home.

Anyone on the forum been tested positive yet or had close relatives in texas test positive?

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Just found out my mother has covid

Post by philip964 »

Very sorry to hear. Prayers she continues with no symptoms.

Please keep us updated on her progress. Still hearing that hydroxychloroquine helps. Suspect that is why Africa is doing so well.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Post by parabelum »

Prayers for you mom and her quick recovery!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Sorry to hear that. Prayers for your mom.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

praying it goes great.
77 good health and active, she should by all accounts fly through.

i have many friends that got it, and only one had to be hospitalized, he had copd and diabetes that made him weak
the rest had a fever, it broke and 2 weeks of stay at home.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Hope she recovers quickly. Not everyone has major issues with it. My wife’s step-Grandmother is in a rehab facility recovering from a fall a double break in her leg. She’s 90 and they had a major outbreak there. She had very minor symptoms and is now COVID free.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

seph

Post by seph »

I've had at least three family members that have had it so far, including one that has other illnesses. All recovered fine without hospitalization.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

A couple of my older cousins had it, not sure what all symptoms they had, but they said they were sick. Both got over it. Also had a co-worker catch it, he had loss of smell, headache, fever, coughing, very tired, most of the main symptoms. I think he was out of work for a couple of weeks, IIRC. He's about 40 and seems to have recovered okay.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 10

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

One of my uncles out in Georgia got it in June and it almost killed him. Full hospitalization, ventilator... the whole bit. They saved him with the blood transfusion bit and experimental regeneron. No way to know which one saved him. He is clear now but still suffering from some damage to his lungs while he had it. I don't know if it is true, but I have been reading it has slowly been mutating to a less dangerous virus. She started having a migraine a week ago and after a couple days was tired and run down. She was tested Wednesday and got results Friday. She said she doesn't even have the sniffles so her Doctor thinks she is going to be fine. She is very active in her church and spends a lot of time with church friends. I don't know if she got it going to church or what but I can tell you she isn't the type to hide in the basement. Thanks for the well wishes everyone. It is a funny feeling when it strikes so close to home.

DocV

Post by DocV »

Praying for your Mom's recovery

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

We will be praying for her and the whole family. Praying for a quick recovery.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Prayers sent for full and quick recovery.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers for a quick recovery without lasting effects
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Prayers for a full recovery. Both my SIL and BIL had it. My SIL got the sickest with fatigue, headache, loss of taste, slight fever, etc.. My BIL had almost no symptoms. Both fully recovered with no apparent lingering effects.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 4

Post by J.R.@A&M »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:36 pm She is 77 but in very good health. Very active. She got her test results back yesterday. She thinks she has had it about a week so far. The only symptoms are a headache and tired. She lives in Rowlett which is experiencing a spike at the moment. Doctor told her she will be out of danger zone if no further symptoms show up in the next several days. Quarantined at home.

Anyone on the forum been tested positive yet or had close relatives in texas test positive?
My wife and two children tested positive (I was told with 100% reliability). I tested negative (was told with 85% reliability) and never had symptoms. We all quarantined at home for two weeks, with me off in the guest room. Two weeks later, their symptoms came and went (mostly mild -- wife was easily winded, and felt like crap for a few days with a fever). My son never showed any symptoms, which is probably how they all caught it (asymptomatic kid-to-kid). I never had symptoms and again tested negative at the end of our family quarantine. I still have no clue why I didn't catch it if it's so contagious.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Return to “Off-Topic”