Really good reason to vote for McCain/Palin

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Lonestarm
Posts in topic: 1

Really good reason to vote for McCain/Palin

Post by Lonestarm »

Like a lot of others, I have had a bit of a grudge against John McCain because of McCain-Feingold and its effect on free speech issues. (Not however, enough of a grudge to consider voting for the anti-gun Obama/Biden ticket!!!)

A little research following his choice of Sarah Palin has more than settled my qualms! This lady seems to be the genuine thing. Hunter since teenager, life NRA member, apparently pro-gun in the best sense the word(s). The VP choice is the first hard example of a presidential candidate's decision-making abilities.... Looks like a homer.

BUT - regardless of other considerations, the really big reason to vote for this ticket is the possible, perhaps likely, effect on the future of US freedoms.

John McCain is 72 and if his spry 96 year old mom is an indication likely to be able to run for a second term. Whether he runs again or not, if Gov. Palin turns out to be as good a veep as now looks likely (based admittedly early indications) she will be an absolute shoo-in for the first female US Presidential candidate.

Considered against the possible effect of 8 years (or more) of two virulent anti-gun extremists like Obama and Biden (look at records not campaign words -- only a nightmare ticket like Schumer/Lautenberg would be worse) the possibility of 8 or possibly as much as 16 years of a favorable executive branch and also the likelihood of several Supreme Court appointments is almost enough to make one hope for a return of constitutional government in our country! As great as the Heller decision was it all turned on how one swing justice felt about it! That's a pretty thin thread to have our freedoms hanging by.

This is one to take part in, not set out

tbranch

Re: Really good reason to vote for McCain/Palin

Post by tbranch »

Lonestarm wrote:This is one to take part in, not set out
:iagree:

I think the battle for the justices is the most important thing in this election as it will have impact for 30 to 40 years.

Tom

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

One of the pieces of "dirt" that surfaced on Palin, was put forth as an example of her abusing power by firing those who disagree with her. Of course everyone knows about firing Monegan, the director of public safety who didn't take action against a state trooper who had shot a moose without a license, had driven his patrol car while drinking beer, had used a Taser on his 11 year old stepson, had threatened violence against Palin and her family, and he just happened to be in a bitter divorce/custody battle with Palin's sister.

The earlier example was when she became mayor, and fired the police chief. The state courts upheld that, saying the chief executive can fire appointees at will. Oh, and the reason she fired him? He was a vocal opponent of concealed carry! :smash: :smilelol5:

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Palin appears solid.

The dems & the media are searching thoroughly for dirt on her, and they can't come up with much. So far, I've heard comments from liberals that she is taking time away from her children, but I don't ever recall hearing that about Nancy Pelosi, the Speaker of the House, who is also a mother of five.

There is also an investigation regarding the employment termination of a state trooper. Again, it's an investigation.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

VIVA PALIN

:txflag:

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Lonestarm wrote:John McCain is 72 and if his spry 96 year old mom is an indication likely to be able to run for a second term.
Now we know! John McCain is an extraterrestrial!

Seriously, if he wants to continue to dispell claims that he's too old to take the Presidency, maybe he needs to let his mother debate Biden. :shock:

Good job working her into his bio-video presented last night, but what amazed me even more was when she rose to acknowledge the applause for her. That is not the way a 96-year-old is supposed stand up from a seated position. She's faster than I am. And she doesn't wear glasses. And every time the camera hit her, she was alert, attentive, and engaged in the proceedings...much more than we can say for some of our Senators and Representatives, even during daytime meetings.
Lonestarm wrote:A little research following his choice of Sarah Palin has more than settled my qualms! This lady seems to be the genuine thing. Hunter since teenager, life NRA member, apparently pro-gun in the best sense the word(s). The VP choice is the first hard example of a presidential candidate's decision-making abilities.... Looks like a homer.
I'm firmly behind the McCain/Palin ticket. We have two choices at this point and, as Scone coined, "NObama, NObiden, NOway."

The leftist microscope is squarely on Palin right now, and will continue to be for at least a couple of weeks or more: trying to uncover dirt that can be used to play against exactly what you described when you said, "The VP choice is the first hard example of a presidential candidate's decision-making abilities."

They're bringing up--but dancing lightly around--her religion. She was brought up Pentecostal, and while she attended a non-denominational church in Wasilla, returned to a Pentecostal church when she moved to Juno as governor. I've already seen thinly veiled "hints" that the Pentecostals are a fringe group of Christians with radical beliefs. Prepare for more of that.

And since the soon-infamous email from Anne Kilkenny of Wasilla is all over the Web, I want to post a link to it here so you can judge for yourselves: http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ ... ml?showall.

It is absolutely authentic, as in it was written by a real woman named Anne Kilkenny who really does live in Wasilla. I listened to an interview with her on NPR today as I drove home from work. And it sounds as though, despite her request to the original address list to "please do not post it on any websites, as there are too many kooks out there," she seems to be thoroughly enjoying her 15 minutes of fame, gleefully placing another incoming journalist on hold during the NPR interview. Her corroborated letter and her willingness to chat about it will give fodder for the Democrats.

We still have a long fight to get a Republican White House in 2009. If you want to help--and skirmish a little--visit http://www.johnmccain.com/.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Federal - 2008”